NHL'94 Forums

Plablegs Questionaire

Brutus

Start date for Plablegs 2?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Please let me know which one is more what you had in mind/preference. I planned on a Mid December Draft & an official start date of January 2nd, 2018 to remove trying to have league games during the holidays.

• Yes, timing works perfect. A 2 week pre-season during holidays gives me time to wrap up my other leagues.
    • LAME! I need it ASAP. The sooner, the better.
    • I was thinking even later than beginning of January.
    • I am fine with any options. Just happy to be playing.
  2. 2. For season length, I was thinking of doing a 3 1/2 week season, ending on Friday Jan 26th if starting on Jan 2nd. Figure about 25 games on a schedule.

• I love it! Just the right amount of time to get all your games in without going too fast nor dragging too long.
    • I prefer a longer schedule to pace my games.
    • I prefer a shorter schedule, closer to 2 weeks.
    • I'm good with any setup.
  3. 3. Looks like we have 15 coaches. Normal drafts in the past would be between 20-24 coaches, and would balance out the teams more. I was considering adding some CPU controlled teams ONLY for the draft, that would auto pick based on needs, and dillute the pool.

• NO! Less coaches means better players for me!! I prefer the teams to be stronger than weaker.
    • YES! Great idea Brutus. Adding some CPU teams into the draft will balance out the teams and keep the ROM closer to the original 94 setup/comfort level.
    • I don't really undestand the question!
    • I don't really care.

Ok, the POINT of these poll questions is to see where this motley combo of coaches minds are sitting, and make sure as a group, we move in the direction of the majority.

Aside from my own final say, I try to listen to the masses and base decisions of this.

IF you are in the league, please vote.

IF you are not in the league but like taking polls, knock your socks off :)

Votes are public, so we will see end results.

FYI, I'm acutally on the fence about CPU teams for the draft.  I am voting BOTH ways in my mind as of now.

For those wondering what that means, instead of after each coach makes their pick in Rd1 of 15 picks, we head to round 2, a set number of CPU teams would then auto pick before we went to Round 2.  I'd use some formula announced up front for how those teams would pick.

Basically, when Round 2 started, there would be say 20 players taken, but us humans would have drafted 15 of them.  The CPU teams would be available for during exi's, but not involved at all in league play.  Players taken by CPU would obviously then NOT be involved in the league for stats/usage/trades, etc.

22 minutes ago, Premium said:

Adding CPU controlled teams for the draft would dilute the talent, but it will take away some players that people want to draft. 

Great point.

If I had my heart set on some dude, and he got auto-picked by a CPU team, I would be bummed and think WTF?

7 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Great point.

If I had my heart set on some dude, and he got auto-picked by a CPU team, I would be bummed and think WTF?

Yeah that would be the strategy of the option I believe, the CPU draft rankings would be revealed before draft so you would be able to gauge who would get picked by the CPU at the end of each round making you have tougher decisions maybe selecting someone 1 round earlier then you would like knowing he wouldn’t make it past the CPU teams thou you think he wouldn’t get drafted by the human drafters.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah that would be the strategy of the option I believe, the CPU draft rankings would be revealed before draft so you would be able to gauge who would get picked by the CPU at the end of each round making you have tougher decisions maybe selecting someone 1 round earlier then you would like knowing he wouldn’t make it past the CPU teams thou you think he wouldn’t get drafted by the human drafters.

Knowing who will be taken before your pick makes it easier, not tougher. This means coaches will have to gamble less.

Edited by Premium

Odds are, looking like an extended preseason due to holidays hitting at the same time as 2 other leagues wrap up.

I don't want a league start up to f-up one or two other endings or to have low participation at the beginning of our season from holidays & have to be chasing slackers.

Because we do have 15 coaches,  & a 2 week preseason probably, I'd likely leave the season at 28 games.  That's also still a week plus a few days longer than previous leagues for everyone except Tex!

I'm not a fan of having so many coaches in weight bugged draft leagues. The talent pool with the weight bug is not deep enough to support more than 18 equal teams IMO. You could bump this # up to 20 if you love Coffey and Housley.

You have:

Yzerman, Klima, Roenick/Mogilny, Gartner

Bure, Selanne/Dino/Gretzky, Fleury

LaFontaine, Oates

Lemieux, Modano/Courtnall, Recchi, Gilmour, Ronning

Housley/Coffey

The rest of the players you can mix, but try to get players that complement each other. If you have Gretzky or Ronning, maybe try to get a good shooter, etc.