NHL'94 Forums

Welcome to Plablegs Deuce

Brutus

Welcome!  Here is the list of our coaches.  Those looking to join from here on out, are welcome to put their name on the wait list.

#1 Brutus St Louis Blues
#2 Lupz New York Rangers
#3 Skip Quebec Nordiques
#4 Tex Dallas Stars
#6 Dicion Chicago Blackhawks
#7 Labs Pittsburgh Penquins
#8 Chefstar Philadelphia Flyers
#9 J&J Tampa Bay Lightning
#10 Jer33 Toronto Maple Leafs
#11 AquaLizard LA Kings
#12 Atomic Raven Calgary Flames
#13 Quetzalcoatlus Edmonton Oilers
#14 Flatcrusher Winnipeg Jets
#15 CoachMac Hartford Whalers
#17 Kevin77 San Jose Sharks
#18 jmj Anaheim Mighty Ducks

This ROM was created by Plabax.  Here are it's features.
Classic rules for weight (NO WEIGHT BUG FIX)
C/B is enabled, just as in Classic.
NO PENALTIES.  They are disabled, EXCEPT normally when you disable penalties, the B check no longer works.  IN THIS ROM, B check is hacked to work with the penalties OFF.
SO, B Check enabled, Penalties Off.
The delay in time it takes to switch to goalie is shortened, just as in the Blitz ROM. 
Goalie ratings also will have the additional Blitz league boosts to goalie ratings of +1 to agility and glove upgrades for every goalie except Roy/Eddy.
Y button enabled, allowing like in SNES, where you instantly switch to goalie after hitting Y button with no delay.
The RANGE a goalie can extend to while in manual control is increased, as in Blitz.  More freedom to move around.
The ratings at the start of the game will be displayed ACCURATELY and will be static (the same each time, in Classic, your players ratings can vary from game to game).
Offsides OFF, Icing ON, Line changes OFF.

The static, goalie switch & goalie range are things that Blitz used and Plabax chose to put them into his ROM for Plablegs 1.  Given we are naming the league Plablegs 2, I am going with his same setup on the rom.

RULES:
There will be no divisons, just one league.
Play each man 2 times, one at home, one on the road, for a total of 30 games.
Season length yet TBD, but assuming 3 1/2 weeks for now.
I will post cut off deadlines for slackers, etc after everything is finalized.

PLAYOFFS:
Currently, I am thinking of this setup.

Top 6 teams make playoffs for certain.
The rest, is going to be based off of participation of the league.

SO, IE, if everyone plays all their games, we will setup up a Winners/Losers Playoff setup.

If there are some hard core slackers/DNP's, instead of scrambling for replacements, I will likely just go with a 6 team playoff and enable a few play in series for anyone BELOW 6 seed.  Maybe 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9, and winners make up 1-8 playoffs.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, playoffs will not linger on long.  3 weeks MAX.

ss3.PNGRockemSockem94.bin

ss1.PNGcherry.PNGss2.PNG

This ROM was created by CoachMac using a template made by wboy and Naples.
I am calling it Rock em Sock em 94.
It includes all the Original NHL 94 teams except the All-Stars.
The lines are set to "No Hassle/Building Lines with AJ"
Best available sub will automatically come in on Injury/Penalty. 
The features and format were introduced by Premium/Plabax in the Spring of 2017 and were very popular.
Here are it's features.
Classic rules for weight (NO WEIGHT BUG FIX)
C/B is enabled, just as in Classic.
NO PENALTIES.  They are OFF, normally when you turn OFF penalties, the B check no longer works. 
IN THIS ROM, B check is hacked to work with the penalties OFF.
SO, B Check enabled, Penalties OFF.
The delay in time it takes to switch to goalie is shortened, just as in the Blitz ROM. 
Y button enabled, allowing like in SNES, where you instantly switch to goalie after hitting Y button with no delay.
The RANGE a goalie can extend to while in manual control is increased, as in Blitz.  More freedom to move around.
The ratings at the start of the game will be displayed ACCURATELY and will be STATIC
(the same each time, in Classic, your players ratings can vary from game to game).
Offsides OFF, Icing ON, Line changes OFF.
All goalies not named Belfour or Roy get a boost as in Blitz.
All Advantages are removed/equalized for every team.****
Overtime is set to 60 minutes.****

**** I made slight variations from the first rom here.
The intent was to remove all advantages, especially Home Ice.
The way Plabax set it up Weak (0)/Weak (2) actually give every team a +2 Home Ice Advantage.
I made it Weak (0)/Strong (0) which makes the Home Ice Advantage ZERO for every game.

99 minute OT just looks stupid.
60 looks reasonable and ought to get it settled.

I am also going to Post the rom with my other Historic Roms, which you can find here.

After the Draft, I will make a League Rom, but this will provide guys an opportunity to EXI using this format
And serve as BASE Rom moving forward.

Edited by CoachMac
update
  • Like 2

For those interested, here is HOW the draft order was determined.

I divided the league into 4 groups.
Group 1 got 4 balls to start each round.
Group 2 got 3 balls, Group 3 got 2 balls, & Group 1 got 1 ball.

If you picked top 4 in previous round, you had 2 balls subtracted from your count (4 went to 2, 3 to 1, but couldn't go below 1).
If you picked from 5th-8th in previous round, you had 1 ball subtracted from your count.

Each round, the balls were reset to 4, 3, 2 or 1 based on your group.

So, Skip with limited balls in the pool, landed the Top #1 pick.  He then had only 1 ball in the next round, and based on those low odds, landed pick 2.16.

For the most part, the odds worked out.  Exceptions/variations make the draft more fun for all. 

TO UPDATE:

Draft is over. 
We are in the pre-season stage of our season.

FIRST OFF, great draft.  Finished in 3 days (started Wednesday afternoon, finished Saturday).  Everyone made themselves plenty available and put in the extra effort. 
Thank you from the commish.

Second, currently VHL & Classic are still running, and also have PLAYOFFs coming up!

Third, the HOLIDAYS are coming.  Enough of us travel/spend extra time with our families to make it hard to start a season.

SO, for now, I'm setting this up to start on January 2nd.  That leaves a few weeks to make trades/exi your hearts away, and get all the pre-season kinks ironed out.

ALSO, special thanks to Tex, Skip & Lupz for helping with the Google Doc/forum/posting pics, etc.  If anyone else helped, it went unnoticed so pound sand :)

And a big thanks to Coach for his ROM work.

Coach is a coach, and not an order taker.  He's putting his personal time & effort into the ROM.  We have completed an 8 round draft and I ran an auto pick round to prevent any unusual scenarios if someone managed to get like 3 guys knocked out in one game.  These players will never play, as penalties are off and you don't sub in your 4th best defender ever for anyone unless you had to due to penalties/injuries.

WITH THAT SAID, from this point forward, aside from updating trades, Coach has final say on any changes to the ROM, uniform changes, music, colors, names, players added/deleted, whatever you can think of, aside from a trade, he's got final say.

Big thank you to that man.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Brutus said:

ALSO, special thanks to Tex, Skip & Lupz for helping with the Google Doc/forum/posting pics, etc.  If anyone else helped, it went unnoticed so pound sand :)

And a big thanks to Coach for his ROM work.

Coach is a coach, and not an order taker.  He's putting his personal time & effort into the ROM.  We have completed an 8 round draft and I ran an auto pick round to prevent any unusual scenarios if someone managed to get like 3 guys knocked out in one game.  These players will never play, as penalties are off and you don't sub in your 4th best defender ever for anyone unless you had to due to penalties/injuries.

WITH THAT SAID, from this point forward, aside from updating trades, Coach has final say on any changes to the ROM, uniform changes, music, colors, names, players added/deleted, whatever you can think of, aside from a trade, he's got final say.

Big thank you to that man.

Thanks Brutus.:big_smile: