NHL'94 Forums

How to Run Gens in TV Smoothly

Blake

8 minutes ago, smozoma said:

You'll have to supply more details about what you tried, what your setup is.

I loaded up Gens to my laptop, then I got the HDMI cables and plugged it in to the TV (1920x1080), then, I loaded up the game, put it in full screen, and I have a huge black border around it.

For the frame rate, you may need to go into the Windows resolution settings and find the refresh rate setting. 

For the black bars.. Is it mirroring your laptop's screen, or acting like a 2nd monitor? If it's mirroring, then your laptop is probably not HD and so your TV is only showing 1366x768 or whatever your laptop is. In that case, you can either A. use the Zoom or Aspect setting on your TV to zoom in or B. go into the resolution settings in Windows and switch things so the TV is acting as a 2nd monitor, not mirroring the laptop, and then you can set the resolution to the TV's resolution.

• Thanks 1

Also, your TV may not be able to accept over 30 Hz. Some "60 Hz" or "120 Hz" TVs don't actually accept high frame rates, they do frame interpolation instead. If you TV is doing that, you should turn that feature off and use 'game mode' since the interpolation creates lag.

• Thanks 1