NHL'94 Forums

Game Stats online

TecSpectre

Looking this over, it shows the player stats ranging from 0-6... This isn't what they are in the game? Are these errors or representative of stat levels or something, like effectiveness of the actual stat number?

Either way, thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, TecSpectre said:

Looking this over, it shows the player stats ranging from 0-6... This isn't what they are in the game? Are these errors or representative of stat levels or something, like effectiveness of the actual stat number?

Either way, thanks for the help.

Check this page out, it explains how values work in the game: http://nhl94strategy.com/?page_id=26

On 1/3/2018 at 1:32 AM, kingraph said:

I THINK these are the ratings for '96.  I grabbed them from an old dynasty league where we had player ratings from 94-98.  I assume they were direct pulls from the ROM, but I'd spot check this to make sure since I didn't pull them myself:

NHL96 Players.csv

The actual ratings are correct, but I think some of the positions may be wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TecSpectre said:

Ok... So, any two players with a 5 in a stat, even though in the game it may show a different number, have the actual same rating?

Yes, as a base.  There are factors that can make them change slightly each game -- home/away advantage, hot/cold, PP/PK, etc.  Not sure how it works in '96, but in '94 it was found that the hot/cold ratings that are displayed don't match the actual in-game adjustments (essentially the displayed ratings are irrelevant).  There are some threads that go through this that we can dig up, but in general a 5 is a 5.

2 hours ago, TecSpectre said:

Does the Home/Away advantage factor into the regular game function, as opposed to season play?

If it works the same way as NHL'94 (which I don't know for sure), then home/away advantages are applied as small bonuses or penalties to certain player attributes.

• 1 month later...