NHL'94 Forums

[October 28, 2018 - Vancouver, BC] - KING of '94 III

halifax

11 hours ago, kgman said:

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Kingraph and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another coach, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add AJ to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at King of 94 you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because AJ KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try! So Kingraph, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at King of 94. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at King if 94. See Raph, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at King of 94 Vancouver. But I'm gonna break it down for all you ladies. Would you rather be with me? Or would you rather be with Raph?

Interviewer: I think Raph is kinda nice, y'know... Kgman: See, you're one of those girls that like romance. I'm a talk to all my freaks out there. Would you rather come home to me, a genetic freak, to be satisfied every night? Or go home to that fat ass Kingraph? 

and that's the nice thing about Sega...there's only 3 people who have any chance of winning it! Everyone else is playing for 4th, other wise hoping that one of you aren't there so they can win a third place prize. ;) 

Make sure you have those $$ to book your ticket to Van City!

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize, has the actual weekend been determined on this yet?  I'm looking at hosting a Tecmo event in October in Green Bay, preferably the weekend of the 20th which is when the Packers have a bye week.  Would like to avoid any conflicts with you guys, as there may be a player or two that would choose one over the other.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:36 PM, Edge of 94' WI said:

I apologize, has the actual weekend been determined on this yet?  I'm looking at hosting a Tecmo event in October in Green Bay, preferably the weekend of the 20th which is when the Packers have a bye week.  Would like to avoid any conflicts with you guys, as there may be a player or two that would choose one over the other.

We're just waiting for the NHL to release it's schedule which should be sometime later this month and then we'll pick a date sometime thereafter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, CoachMac said:

Sent these off today for the awesome organizers of this tourney.

IMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

Previous work I did for Green Bay.

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

My Training Ground for KO94-3

IMG_0206.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

Blue Ice Nhl 94 Tribute Stiga Game I have been working on.

IMG_0220.jpg

Eventually I hope to make flat players with stickers that will look like the pixelated players in NHL 94.

I would like to be the official trophy maker of this tournament.

Consider this my application.:big_smile:

Would love one of these!

• Like 1

• halifax changed the title to [October 28, 2018 - Vancouver, BC] - KING of '94 III

will hokkeefan be there? is he still alive? is he hiding out from bears inquiring minds wanna know...... also I had a weird dream that I was partaking in charity wrestling match with Halifax! that what happens when u run outta greens

Edited by kgman

2 hours ago, kgman said:

will hokkeefan be there? is he still alive? is he hiding out from bears inquiring minds wanna know...... also I had a weird dream that I was partaking in charity wrestling match with Halifax! that what happens when u run outta greens

Going to Hokkees house would be a good site seeing trip

17 hours ago, kgman said:

were we a tag team vs trump/pence? did we win? did we get banned? did trump nail me with the space force?

after trump hit the space force there was outside interferencence! Evan came in with the ban hammer!  the ghost of Dr pizza hit the 123 ....no can defend

On 3/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, CoachMac said:

Sent these off today for the awesome organizers of this tourney.

IMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

Previous work I did for Green Bay.

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0134.jpg

My Training Ground for KO94-3

IMG_0206.jpgIMG_0218.jpg

Blue Ice Nhl 94 Tribute Stiga Game I have been working on.

IMG_0220.jpg

Eventually I hope to make flat players with stickers that will look like the pixelated players in NHL 94.

I would like to be the official trophy maker of this tournament.

Consider this my application.:big_smile:

Would love one of these!

• Like 1

Sent out an email last night through the bulk emailer and it shutdown part way through. 

I resent it it today so you may have gotten it twice.

• 2 weeks later...

You can now view the rules, format and FAQs for the King of 94 III tournament. Questions? Let me know.

FORMAT http://www.kingof94.ca/format.html

RULES http://www.kingof94.ca/rules.html

FAQ http://www.kingof94.ca/faq.html

• Like 1

I just had another nightmare the tournament had technical difficulties so we had to play an NHL 2000 tournament on Playstation it was horrible!

u owe me 49.94$ halifax

Edited by kgman
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, kgman said:

I just had another nightmare the tournament had technical difficulties so we had to play an NHL 2000 tournament on Playstation it was horrible!

u owe me 49.94$ halifax

no refunds bud...it's clearly stated.:)

Just wanted to Thank @smozomawho has started a 'results page' for king of 94.

http://www.kingof94.ca/results.html

Registration starts in about 7 hours from now.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/king-of-94-iii-nhl-94-tournament-registration-47538592209

3 hours ago, halifax said:

Just wanted to Thank @smozomawho has started a 'results page' for king of 94.

http://www.kingof94.ca/results.html

Registration starts in about 7 hours from now.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/king-of-94-iii-nhl-94-tournament-registration-47538592209

If anyone's got pictures from the Toronto or Vegas events, send me 1 or 2 of the best. There's a small image gallery on the site (can't make it too big for some technical reasons with the hosting service).

6 hours ago, smozoma said:

If anyone's got pictures from the Toronto or Vegas events, send me 1 or 2 of the best. There's a small image gallery on the site (can't make it too big for some technical reasons with the hosting service).

The toronto pictures are all terrible and every copy, physical or digital, should be burned

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TomKabs93 said:

The toronto pictures are all terrible and every copy, physical or digital, should be burned

If anyone can send me better pictures, they'll quickly be replaced :D

14 hours ago, kingraph said:

If you can make it to Vancouver, I guarantee you make top 3

Im washed up my friend. What even is a cb check

Also I feel like im using unsharpened skates when I dont have my analog stick lol

21 minutes ago, TomKabs93 said:

Im washed up my friend. What even is a cb check

Also I feel like im using unsharpened skates when I dont have my analog stick lol

I think Raph is hinting that they will manipulate the brackets to put you in the top 3. Before you call me a troll, smozoma confirmed that they don't even bother to verify the wins/losses:

"I (smozoma) won my game, but something in the score spreadsheet got mixed up and it was recorded as a loss, sending me down to the 2nd/3rd seed bracket right away, putting a lot of games between me and moving on to the Final 16."

Source: http://www.kingof94.ca/results.html

And, why is that part even on the website? That would make me question the legitimacy of the tournament.

Edited by Premium

3 minutes ago, Premium said:

I think Raph is hinting that they will manipulate the brackets to put you in the top 3. Before you call me a troll, smozoma confirmed that they don't even bother to verify the wins/losses:

"I (smozoma) won my game, but something in the score spreadsheet got mixed up and it was recorded as a loss, sending me down to the 2nd/3rd seed bracket right away, putting a lot of games between me and moving on to the Final 16."

Source: http://www.kingof94.ca/results.html

And, why is that part even on the website? That would make me question the legitimacy of the tournament.

This is dumb. Manipulating the brackets?

The score got entered wrong in the first 10 minutes of the first event when things were really chaotic and wasn't caught until after the next game.

• Like 1