NHL'94 Forums

[October 28, 2018 - Vancouver, BC] - KING of '94 III

halifax

2 hours ago, kingraph said:

Lol, I am just saying that aside from AJ, I can't imagine anyone beating TK in Vancouver.  3rd because I may attend as well.  

Definitely not any manipulation, which is one of the more absurd statements ever.

Many people came close to beating me in Toronto. The live in person pressure gets to me more than it does anyone! Id bet on that honestly.

I like being in my own safe personal space, alone on a computer with a working internet connection, preferably not in a basement. Im not too big on that human contact stuff lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jammer, Kevin, Casey and I will be there in Vancouver!

We will play!

You know we will play!

We would play on crutches! ‘94!

11F02414-A7C4-49A5-B7DF-43745FEFA932.jpeg

Edited by JeffBC

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Definitely not coming to this one. Had to use all my vacation time for other trips and events.

I'll be playing again whenever this thing comes back East. I'm hoping for NY/NJ, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, or even Chicago.

sad times bud. but I understand. We'll be back out east in 2019.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:35 PM, Bob Kudelski said:

Definitely not coming to this one. Had to use all my vacation time for other trips and events.

I'll be playing again whenever this thing comes back East. I'm hoping for NY/NJ, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, or even Chicago.

Much respect bud, and looking forward to playing with you sometime in the future!

On 9/8/2018 at 9:58 PM, clockwise said:

Too far for me from Pennsylvania to Vancouver, and I'm working 80 hours a week, right now, but I'll be there in spirit. Can't wait to see all of the content from KO94III.

I was playing against AJ and Brutus about a month ago in Chicago and we were talking about how we were hoping you would be there.  Anything we can do to persuade you to make the trip?  I'm telling you from my experience, hanging out with the guys you've played with online for years is priceless.  After the first Ko94 in Toronto, I couldn't imagine myself missing another one. The double bonus is @halifax  runs a mean tourney!  I know work is tough right now but I can remember the 2015 Toronto tourney vividly to this day and everyone I finally got to meet in person... since then, I've worked a lot of 80 hour weeks and you know, I don't remember any of those.  Whatever happens, I think you're one that everyone would love to see at one of these events!

Edited by IAmFleury'sHipCheck
removed redundancy
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

I was playing against AJ and Brutus about a month ago in Chicago and we were talking about how we were hoping you would be there.  Anything we can do to persuade you to make the trip?  I'm telling you from my experience, hanging out with the guys you've played with online for years is priceless.  After the first Ko94 in Toronto, I couldn't imagine myself missing another one. The double bonus is @halifax  runs a mean tourney!  I know work is tough right now but I can remember the 2015 Toronto tourney vividly to this day and everyone I finally got to meet in person... since then, I've worked a lot of 80 hour weeks and you know, I don't remember any of those.  Whatever happens, I think you're one that everyone would love to see at one of these events!

Thanks bud. I take a lot of pride of making things run as smooth as possible.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

@angryjay93  almost a lock to win.

@corbettkb 20-1

@IAmFleury'sHipCheck 25-1

@smozoma 50-1

Everyone else 100-1

Very gracious of you Coach to put me in at a 25-1 shot.  Smoz has beat me at every Ko94 event and even at Fleury of Goals in GB... I would swap him and myself.  Could even make a case that him and Tex should almost even odds.  

Not sure who else from GENS will be there but lets just remember Coach gave Raph a run for his money in GB... I want some Coach odds!  Vegas needs to know!

39 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

Very gracious of you Coach to put me in at a 25-1 shot.  Smoz has beat me at every Ko94 event and even at Fleury of Goals in GB... I would swap him and myself.  Could even make a case that him and Tex should almost even odds.  

Not sure who else from GENS will be there but lets just remember Coach gave Raph a run for his money in GB... I want some Coach odds!  Vegas needs to know!

Good point, disrespecting @smozoma is a bad idea.

@angryjay93 1-1 unless he gets his thumbs caught in a meat grinder or agrees to play all games as Anaheim.

@corbettkb 20-1

@smozoma 25-1

@IAmFleury'sHipCheck 25-1

@CoachMac 100-1

Everyone else 100-1

Thanks for bringing up my greatest 94 moment (beating @kingraph in GB) though he came back to totally dominate me in the Playoffs with 2 straight decisive victories and my win was one of those one in a million games where everything went right for me and wrong for him and I still barely won 5-4.  Still it was my 1980 USA vs USSR moment.

For 20 minutes I was the greatest NHL '94 player in the world.

[Addressing the team before the US-USSR game] Great moments...are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them...and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time! Now go out there and take it!

• Like 3

Oooh, I like those odds on @corbettkb!  Personally I'd put him closer to 8-1.  I think he's got enough experience in these things now to stay focused and be extremely difficult to beat. 

Interesting, I didn't know the stats on Smoz vs EA!  Though both at 25-1 is also enticing to bet.  I'd probably cut these in half as well, like 10-1.  Coach selling himself short, you have to be 30-1, rest of field 100-1 makes sense.  

@LeifErikson at 25-1

My take on the SNES bracket

@annatar 3-1

@Jammer - KO94IIsnes 3-1

Any of @Jammer - KO94IIsnes's buddies 4-1

@halifax 5-1

Rest of field: 6-1

Things are a lot tighter in SNES! 

Over/Under number of times kingraph curses himself for not going to Vancouver: 56

Just now, CoachMac said:

For 20 minutes I was the greatest NHL '94 player in the world.

it's been 25 years for me but who's counting!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

@kingraph you still have time!

Need to be there!

Anybody else?

My girlfriend, Jill. haha

In fact, that was news to me this morning that @kingraph wouldn't be there!  What is this world coming to??? I have to echo Coach here, there's still time!

Hmmm I don't think I have much of a shot. In my entire NHL 94 career, I'm pretty sure I have never beaten AJ other than with VAN vs TB in an exhi (in Saskatoon?). I'm probably like 1-10 against corbettkb and the 1 was in overtime in Long Island. And I noticed in Green Bay exhis that EA was starting to win some games against me (whereas in Vegas I think I won all of our 5+ exhis).

Given past history, I think "the field" should have like 2-1 odds in SNES ;)

• Like 1

Trust me, I'd be there, but timing is bad for me for work.  I am pretty much useless from late Oct-Dec, let alone flying across the country. 

My Monday after the tourney - wackness:

oct29.png

I may not even make it to the livestream finals if they are late west coast time!  :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Trust me, I'd be there, but timing is bad for me for work.  I am pretty much useless from late Oct-Dec, let alone flying across the country. 

My Monday after the tourney - wackness:

oct29.png

Raph, I really hope that behind those crossouts are not things like

"brainstorm Chipotle order"

"Bathroom trip for #1"

"Bathroom trip for #2 (REMINDER: make sure to flush this time; don't want call from HR... again)"  

"leave troll message on forums as Plabax" --> b/c we all know Plabax does not exist IRL and is simply an entity that was created by Raph so he could let the evil out once in awhile (b/c no one can really that nice all the time!)

OK, on second thought, I do hope that's what's behind the red there. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@kingraph snidely-whiplash-wallpaper-1024x640.png

Here is what is really behind the redacted info in @kingraph appointment book.

Tuesday 9-25-2018 Register as a Rando Sega Bud while telling everyone there is no way you can attend the King of 94 in Vancouver.

Saturday 10-27-2018 Midnight Fly on a private MSG Networks Jet to Vancouver with Arda Ocal.

Sunday 10-28-2018 Destroy everyone in the preliminary rounds of the King of 94 Tourney.

Sunday Night Play an Epic Final against @angryjay93

Sunday Midnight begin Epic all-night 2v2 Session in the LaQuinta Lobby.

Monday 10-29-2018 Return to NY.

Tuesday 10-30-2018 Back at the office in time to brainstorm his Chipotle order!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

leave troll message on forums as Plabax" --> b/c we all know Plabax does not exist 

I've been saying that all along ....I just thought he was AI created by EA but now they can't control it! WHO or Whatever plabax is still a mystery!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=johnny+5+is+alive&client=ms-android-rogers-ca&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH_fLHidfdAhWk6IMKHR1QDuAQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=559#imgrc=l6uVa2G2ulzYKM%3A

real life sketch above!

Edited by kgman

Just now, CoachMac said:

Who has been/is going to all 3 King of 94's?

@smozoma

@IAmFleury'sHipCheck

@angryjay93

@CoachMac

@halifax

@annatar

Anybody else?

we need KOF94 Stamps on our passports*

Edited by kgman

8 hours ago, kingraph said:

Oooh, I like those odds on @corbettkb!  Personally I'd put him closer to 8-1.  I think he's got enough experience in these things now to stay focused and be extremely difficult to beat. 

Interesting, I didn't know the stats on Smoz vs EA!  Though both at 25-1 is also enticing to bet.  I'd probably cut these in half as well, like 10-1.  Coach selling himself short, you have to be 30-1, rest of field 100-1 makes sense.  

@LeifErikson at 25-1

My take on the SNES bracket

@annatar 3-1

@Jammer - KO94IIsnes 3-1

Any of @Jammer - KO94IIsnes's buddies 4-1

@halifax 5-1

Rest of field: 6-1

Things are a lot tighter in SNES! 

Over/Under number of times kingraph curses himself for not going to Vancouver: 56

You’re too kind bud. 

Im much farther down. 

As as an aside there’s one guy who’s from van and played Jamil in some exhis and did really well. 

His cousin used to play online. And will be there too. Dethrox was his name. Really good player. 

Snes will be a bloodbath. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got word that I'll be on air with them the friday before the tournament! Super excited about this!

• Like 1