NHL'94 Forums

Plablegs 3: Official ROM

kingraph

Here is the Plablegs 03 ROM (VERSION 02 IS CORRECT): Plablegs03_final_v2.bin

* 15 sexy teams belonging to 15 sexy coaches
* Player cards for all players on each team!
* B-check enabled with penalties off
* Static Ratings (no hot/cold boosts/decreases each game)
* Home/Away Advantages set to zero
* Boosted Goaltenders (except Roy/Belfour): +1 agility and +1 stick/glove from Classic ratings
* Shortened Delay for Goalie Control
* After whistle checks are not counted
* Joe Sakic Title Screen (Season 02 Art Ross Trophy Winner)
01_title.png

* Sam Rosen calling the action!

03_rosen.png

* Coors Light (NHL Sponsor) scoreboard logo reminding you to drink a cold one during the game

04_coorslight.png

* Tim Horton's (NHL Canada Sponsor) 3 stars of the game.  Reminding you to eat a donut after each game:

* 06_timhortons.png

GOOD LUCK!

02_cup.png

• Like 2

Raph (or anyone who knows!),
regarfding the ChkF stat I see on NHL94online.com.   

1. This does not include after whistle checks, right?
2. Is the ChkF # combined CPU and Coach initiated?  
3. Does the ChkF # on nhl94online.com match the Checking stats displayed in the ROM?  

Thanks!

Edited by aqualizard

@aqualizard

The checks stat is the total made by CPU and player-controlled guys.

Raph hacked the ROM, but I adjusted the uploading process, so regardless late checks won't count anyway.

Late checks won't be counted towards team Chks in any league from here on out. I will correct the stats from previous save state seasons as well (2013-).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chaos said:

Late checks won't be counted towards team Chks in any league from here on out. I will correct the stats from previous save state seasons as well (2013-).

How is this possible? (It requires a ROM hack, right?  Which not all ROMs will have. In fact, almost none do?) (I am probably missing something :P)

49 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

How is this possible? (It requires a ROM hack, right?  Which not all ROMs will have. In fact, almost none do?) (I am probably missing something :P)

Late checks are only added to the total team checks. Since the player checks for are not touched, I can add them up for each game and adjust the team checks to show the correct amount.

@aqualizard is right though, checks after whistle are still counted on individual player stats unless you apply the hack, so this won't work for every league. 

The extra hack that I applied for this ROM is to make the game summary checks also not count after whistle.  Previously (in Blitz), the game summary would still report the total, so to extrapolate the after whistle, you had to subtract the total individual checks from the total.