NHL'94 Forums

[Tuesday April 17, 2018 - Toronto, ON] - McSorley's Saloon & Grill - Win an electric guitar

Tuesday April 17th, 10:00 PM.

To be clear: you don't get the guitar for playing 94. Winning the 94 tourney gets you into another tournament a couple weeks later, on a mystery game, and the winner of that gets the Steamwhistle-branded electric Les Paul guitar.

Apparently the games are played on an 85" TV. Hopefully they have the lag worked out.

Location: McSorley's Saloon & Grill in Toronto (facebook link)
Address: 1544 Bayview Ave, a bit south of Eglinton Ave.

Rules: ??? Not even quite sure which version of the game it is (they'll be playing on a Nintendo 64)

• April 3rd: Super Mario Kart
  • April 10th: Tecmo Super Bowl.
  • April 17th: NHL '94
  • April 24th: NBA Jam
  • May 1st: Winner's tournament, mystery game (I'm betting RBI)

So basically if 1 forum member participates, they should have an instant 25% chance at winning the guitar.

Les Paul guitars start at USD$500 (but typically 800+, up to 20k).

Every Tuesday night in April from 10pm until close . Challenge the best in a head to head battle of retro gaming. This Tuesday April 3rd Mario Kart challenge! $5.50 pints of Lagunitas IPA.

Ever played some of your favourite retro games on an 85” big screen? Here is your chance to battle head to head in Mario Kart tonight at 10pm, followed by tecmo bowl April 10th, nhl 94 April 17th, nba jam April 24th and the mystery game finals championship on may 1st! Weekly winners move on to the finals May 1st where one champion will win a steamwhistle branded electric les Paul guitar! Join us and please share!

Go head to head in Mario kart 64 on the big screen and enjoy $5.50 pints of Lagunitas IPA while you show of your skills this tuesday april 3rd at 10pm until close! April 10th Techmo Bowl, april 17th NHL 94 and april 24rd NBA jam. May 1st round robin championship! Please share.

• Like 3

So I tried to get some clarifications...

The dates are definitely Tuesdays, so the 94 tournament is on the 17th.

As for the system, I have no idea:

The system is a Nintendo 64 where some games are emulated to work. The dates are April 3, 10, 17, 24 and May 1st championship finals.

I'm guessing it's the SNES version.

Which is fine, since that's the easier version ;)

Someone go win that tourney!

47 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Hmm. If it was Genesis on a Genesis I would go for sure.  SNES emulated on a Nintendo 64? Er, no thanks.

Yeah, it's pretty weird.

But, Les Paul guitar!

I had an imitation Les Paul years ago :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smozoma said:

10pm on a weekday is pretty silly

its not too bad

3 buds show up...single elim...tourney is over by 10:25pm. go win that guitar bud.

15 hours ago, aqualizard said:

SNES emulated on a Nintendo 64? Er, no thanks.

Maybe look at it as a recruiting opportunity, could meet some people who are into the game and you can show them that there's a bigger 94 world out there :)

On 16/04/2018 at 2:20 PM, smozoma said:

Maybe look at it as a recruiting opportunity, could meet some people who are into the game and you can show them that there's a bigger 94 world out there :)

It is a bit late for me.  I will see if Atomic wants to go.

I did call them to confirm the console. After a couple different people, the resident nerd said it is played on "Super NES Classic Edition", so I am guessing one of those re-released original consoles, with the HDMI outputs.  Knowing that, one of our real SNES guys should be going!  There must be an SNES guy from Toronto? (I mean,  a Toronto guy won Ko94 on it, after all.)

When I called about tonight's "contest" the first guy to answer snickered, and said "We are just playing the game.  It is not really a contest."  I realize the Facebook page says otherwise, I am just sharing what I heard. :)

36 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

When I called about tonight's "contest" the first guy to answer snickered, and said "We are just playing the game.  It is not really a contest."  I realize the Facebook page says otherwise, I am just sharing what I heard. :)

Well that's confusing... Because it's supposed to be, the winner moves on to the mystery game for a pretty great prize...

"Weekly winners move on to the finals May 1st where one champion will win a steamwhistle branded electric les Paul guitar! "