NHL'94 Forums

Draft rules and order

jackandjose

League rules will be same as GDL(will post in detail later) except 1 min penalties. 

Classic rom.

No goalie boost. No quick goalie control or y control.  

Home/Away advantages set to null

Draft will be 10 rounds

5 Forwards 4 defensemen and 1 goalie

Snake draft 

No trading limit

Draft order:

1. King
  2. Corbettkb
  3. Chef
  4. Atomic
  5. Seamor
  6. Chaos
  7. Coach
  8. dcicon
  9. Skip
  10. Lupz
  11. Brutus
  12. spaceGhost
  13. Ice
  14. Aqua
  15. MikeGartner22
  16. jackandjose

I used random.org for order

Good luck!

8 hours ago, CoachMac said:

3HALL0627_337327.JPG

While making my old roms, I discovered Dino must have friends at EA as he was not a 5/4 skater, but he is a Coach kind of guy!

At 5'10", 180 pounds, Ciccarelli looks chunky out on the ice, an image enhanced by his hopping, staccato stride. He says that end-to-end he's among the slowest skaters on the team. "But put a loose puck in front of the net," he adds, "and my money's on me." He cannot explain his goal-scoring talent but gives two clues, one of which is his stick. While the blade of a normal NHL stick has a slight loft, Ciccarelli's looks like a nine-iron. This gives his shots exaggerated lift, which helps him hit high corners even from in close. Second, between shifts he seldom follows the play. He keeps his eyes locked on the goalie. "A lot of the time I'll be in sort of a daze, watching him, thinking how he bothers me so much," he says. "I can't stand missing a scoring chance. It haunts me and makes me stare even harder at the goalie."

Dino Ciccarelli was a gritty goal scorer who scored most of his goals from fairly close in. He was effective despite his lack of size, often absorbing hits and cross checks while stationing himself near the opponent's goal.

In addition to his lack of size, Ciccarelli was never a great skater, and his lack of foot speed would have an adverse effect on his ability to play in this era as compared to the 1980's and 90s

000305142.jpg

I also demand that he be allowed to wear #20 just to screw with Raph's mind.:big_smile:

Cool ass post by Coach.  Trying to clean up the draft thread so guys can follow along w/ out using the Excel sheet, which is hard for some, so I'm moving this one here for now.

20 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Dale HawerchukUnknown.jpegwas a 5/4 skater and he had a great shot!

EA screwed him with the dumb way they figured Shot Acc.

Gretzky 2 Shot ACC for 894 Goals and 92 in a season. 

Dale 1 Shot ACC for 518 Goals and 50 in a season.

Dixon Ward gets 5 shot ACC for 95 career goals.

This is the one attribute that I hate how they figured it.

20 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Dale HawerchukUnknown.jpegwas a 5/4 skater and he had a great shot!

EA screwed him with the dumb way they figured Shot Acc.

Gretzky 2 Shot ACC for 894 Goals and 92 in a season. 

Dale 1 Shot ACC for 518 Goals and 50 in a season.

Dixon Ward gets 5 shot ACC for 95 career goals.

This is the one attribute that I hate how they figured it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jackandjose said:

We have 17 teams now.  Angryjay will be officially joining league as Washington and will put his team together from free agent list after draft. 

If this is true, I offer AJ any F or D he wants from my team in exchange for a FA pick.

30 minutes ago, kingraph said:

If this is true, I offer AJ any F or D he wants from my team in exchange for a FA pick.

Thank you for the offer raph but despite the class and consideration shown here for me I'm going to say no thank you.

I think Coach will appreciate this, but I'm going for an expansion 74-75 Washington capitals feel. I'll probably end up drafting another 6 or so teams and pretend those are the WHA teams of that time. Then after that, I'll go and get my expansion Capitals. Should be fun!

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

Trade deadline is Wednesday midnight.   We will start league shortly after depending on when final rom is done, and chaos has time to put league on site. 

We have 17 coaches now and you'll be scheduled to play each up to 10 times.