NHL'94 Forums

Mighty Ducks Triology

Sean

Capture2.PNG

I think for every hockey fan and player alike, the Mighty Ducks have a special place in your heart. The movie is pretty outlandish from a hockey perspective (players switching uniforms, no offsides called on the Flying V, it goes on and on), but it's a staple of hockey in pop culture. When I found all the great tools for hacking the game on this forum, I wanted to take a stab at it, and I felt this was a great place to start.

The ROM features:

• 6 Playable Teams (Ducks, Hawks, Team USA, Team Iceland, Eden Hall JV/Ducks, Eden Hall Varsity/Warriors)
  • Updated graphics to fit the movie
  • 15 scale stats
  • Weight Bug Fixed

I plan to add

• Playoff mode (3 selectable teams, Ducks, USA, JV, and you play through the general story of the movie)
  • More playable teams
  • Player cards
  • Blue ice
  • Any bug fixes along the way

Special thanks to

• WBoy's 30 Team Rom, TM Ref Screenshots, and NOSE
  • Smozoma's various guides and programs
  • CoachMac's steps to making a rom
  • Clockwise or Swos’ sprite patch, love that extra liberty while making uniforms.
  • Kingraph for answer a graphics editing question
  • SabreFan1's Banner font

Production Notes

• Hawks players except for the 2 names that appeared in actual roles are just named after scientific names for hawks
  • Iceland players except Gunner Stahl named after Norse Gods
  • Eden Hall players named using a random name generator

DOWNLOAD HERE: MightyDucks1.0.bin

I attached some screenshots below, hope you enjoy!

Capture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture10.PNGCapture8.PNGCapture9.PNGCapture7.PNG

Edited by seamor
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Nicely done, Seamor!

I just checked it out.

Really cool, we could combine with my Slapshot rom for a "Movie Rom"

Everything is really well done.

The 3rd Splashscreen is just outstanding!

Things I would like to see added and be happy to help.

#1 Player Cards
#2 Probably in the minority here, but hate the white ice, this rom should have the original 94 rink. IMO.
#3 Home/Away Jersey, some are hard to tell apart.

Edited by CoachMac

10 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Nicely done, Seamor!

I just checked it out.

Really cool, we could combine with my Slapshot rom for a "Movie Rom"

Everything is really well done.

The 3rd Splashscreen is just outstanding!

Things I would like to see added and be happy to help.

#1 Player Cards
#2 Probably in the minority here, but hate the white ice, this rom should have the original 94 rink. IMO.
#3 Home/Away Jersey, some are hard to tell apart.

Thanks!

That’d be a lot of fun, we could throw in some other movies such a Goon, Youngblood, and so on. 

And thank you, I tried to make it as close to the movie cover with the logo being off center. 

That first one I’d definitely like to put in, since that’s a lot better than the 30 Team rom player cards (I think Adam Banks shows up as a goalie?)

I tried to find an in between the white and the blue, but I’m not exactly in love with it so I’ll change it since it seems not everyone likes it too too much either.

The USA-Iceland matchup is the hardest to tell apart IMO, maybe it’d be cool to put the Anaheim jersey as their away so it’d be like in the movie? 

Very good news: I was able to get in touch with the kind people over at the QuackAttack Podcast, and they offered to give the names of the players on the main rival teams. I've already updated the Hawks roster, waiting on Iceland and Eden Hall. First update should be out next weekend, might have player cards, depends how much time I have.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, jmastert said:

still love this game, still needs more teams from movie and freeze bug fixed. but still fun...

If the reboot is any good, I might do something else with this. Sort of in the air though.

• Love 1

• 4 months later...