Recommended Posts

If you want to work on player cards for example, you must read the tutorial (link below): 

http://nhl94.com/html/editing/player_card_tutorial/Player-Card-Tutorial.htm

 

Hard to explain that in a better way than the tutorial does... I am not an expert at all, I'm just doing player cards for NHL 94.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to make sure you have the right Offset, Palette, Size and Codec (4bpp linear for most, 3bpp linear for player cards).  Here is a screenshot courtesy of @wboy, who gives examples in his tutorial here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/2977-reference-tile-molester-reference-screenshots/

 

Untitled.png

If you are doing this in the base '95 ROM, you'll have to find the images, palettes, sizes by yourself as the homework hasn't been done yet.  Wboy provides his screenshots for his '94 30 team ROM and I emulated his style with my 34-team '95 hack.

I suggest starting by taking one of the provided reference screenshots and ROM and replicating that result in TM yourself.  Everything should start making sense from there.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mitch13 said:

If you want to work on player cards for example, you must read the tutorial (link below): 

http://nhl94.com/html/editing/player_card_tutorial/Player-Card-Tutorial.htm

 

Hard to explain that in a better way than the tutorial does... I am not an expert at all, I'm just doing player cards for NHL 94.

The file doesn't even get read by OpenEmu, which allows the emulation of consoles like the Genesis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mitch13 said:

You have to open the rom you want to modify using Tile Molester, actually.

I edit the rom in Tile Molester, then save it, then put it in my emulator. And it fails to enter the section of my emulator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Jlnhlsegafan said:

The file doesn't even get read by OpenEmu, which allows the emulation of consoles like the Genesis.

When you say it doesn't open.. Is that before or after you edited the ROM?  (The 34-team NHL95 ROM)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jlnhlsegafan said:

It was the Kega Fusion emulator that wouldn't open.

But did you edit the ROM? I'm trying to find out if the ROM provided doesn't work for you before or after you edited it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jlnhlsegafan said:

Most of the options don't even work on the rom, such as the palettes and the goto command.

I don't know, your questions are too vague.

Download the ROM again. Try to play it in an emulator.

My guess is you edited the ROM and made it empty somehow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

I don't know, your questions are too vague.

Download the ROM again. Try to play it in an emulator.

My guess is you edited the ROM and made it empty somehow.

Making it empty wasn't my intention, though.

And sorry for the vague questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.