NHL'94 Forums

TM Help

Jlnhlsegafan

If you want to work on player cards for example, you must read the tutorial (link below): 

http://nhl94.com/html/editing/player_card_tutorial/Player-Card-Tutorial.htm

Hard to explain that in a better way than the tutorial does... I am not an expert at all, I'm just doing player cards for NHL 94.

You have to make sure you have the right Offset, Palette, Size and Codec (4bpp linear for most, 3bpp linear for player cards).  Here is a screenshot courtesy of @wboy, who gives examples in his tutorial here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/2977-reference-tile-molester-reference-screenshots/

Untitled.png

If you are doing this in the base '95 ROM, you'll have to find the images, palettes, sizes by yourself as the homework hasn't been done yet.  Wboy provides his screenshots for his '94 30 team ROM and I emulated his style with my 34-team '95 hack.

I suggest starting by taking one of the provided reference screenshots and ROM and replicating that result in TM yourself.  Everything should start making sense from there.  

6 hours ago, mitch13 said:

If you want to work on player cards for example, you must read the tutorial (link below): 

http://nhl94.com/html/editing/player_card_tutorial/Player-Card-Tutorial.htm

Hard to explain that in a better way than the tutorial does... I am not an expert at all, I'm just doing player cards for NHL 94.

The file doesn't even get read by OpenEmu, which allows the emulation of consoles like the Genesis.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Jlnhlsegafan said:

The file doesn't even get read by OpenEmu, which allows the emulation of consoles like the Genesis.

When you say it doesn't open.. Is that before or after you edited the ROM?  (The 34-team NHL95 ROM)

7 minutes ago, Jlnhlsegafan said:

It was the Kega Fusion emulator that wouldn't open.

But did you edit the ROM? I'm trying to find out if the ROM provided doesn't work for you before or after you edited it.

1 hour ago, Jlnhlsegafan said:

Most of the options don't even work on the rom, such as the palettes and the goto command.

I don't know, your questions are too vague.

Download the ROM again. Try to play it in an emulator.

My guess is you edited the ROM and made it empty somehow.

2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

I don't know, your questions are too vague.

Download the ROM again. Try to play it in an emulator.

My guess is you edited the ROM and made it empty somehow.

Making it empty wasn't my intention, though.

And sorry for the vague questions.