NHL'94 Forums

Old-timey Hockey Games but BETTER

L1011Widebody

So I hope you like hockey as much as I like hockey! Because I like hockey.

There hasn't been a good PC hockey game for a real long time so we've been having to make do with roster updates and mods and such to NHL 08... but there's still some old life left in some of these old games. I'd like to tell you about some of the video work I've been doing to breathe some new life into these old games. If you're a fan of 90s hockey than I'm sure you'd get a kick out of this!

The first is a forgotten game from Strategy First called Solid Ice for the PC, the gameplay isn't quite that great but it more than makes up for it in its endless customization. It was one of the first games that let you make custom logos (they even show up on the ice!) as well as custom jerseys and all the editable playerness. It's a really great thing but the gameplay is a bit lacking. Still I do my best to give it that real authentic hockey arena feel. Check out my playlist for it at Solid Ice - A Season (In a Coma) - YouTube it takes until game 3 to really get going but I think you'll like it! :)

The second is a series I started in good old NHL '95 for the PC, which already has a fantastic TV-style presentation to it. I spruce it up a bit and make it look real shiny and polished, and I also added a spin to it by letting my fans in the audience create players and such, even custom goal songs. It's pretty rad and I think you'll like it. Check it out at YouTube/playlist?list=PLrc3MjIGCRMVUxO8zA6aSx6ttiAyTkaPr you'll love it I know.

Here's the first game!

Thank you for your time and keep your stick on the ice! :)

• Like 5

Great stuff, love all the added music/sounds in '95.

For the purposes of identifying players for your play-by-play, if you hit the TAB button in game it will show all player numbers.

Cheers,

Jer

22 hours ago, L1011Widebody said:

There hasn't been a good PC hockey game for a real long time so we've been having to make do with roster updates and mods and such to NHL 08... but there's still some old life left in some of these old games. I'd like to tell you about some of the video work I've been doing to breathe some new life into these old games. If you're a fan of 90s hockey than I'm sure you'd get a kick out of this!

The first is a forgotten game from Strategy First called Solid Ice for the PC, the gameplay isn't quite that great but it more than makes up for it in its endless customization. It was one of the first games that let you make custom logos (they even show up on the ice!) as well as custom jerseys and all the editable playerness. It's a really great thing but the gameplay is a bit lacking. Still I do my best to give it that real authentic hockey arena feel. Check out my playlist for it at Solid Ice - A Season (In a Coma) - YouTube it takes until game 3 to really get going but I think you'll like it! :)

The second is a series I started in good old NHL '95 for the PC, which already has a fantastic TV-style presentation to it. I spruce it up a bit and make it look real shiny and polished, and I also added a spin to it by letting my fans in the audience create players and such, even custom goal songs. It's pretty rad and I think you'll like it. Check it out at YouTube/playlist?list=PLrc3MjIGCRMVUxO8zA6aSx6ttiAyTkaPr you'll love it I know.

Here's the first game!

Speaking of that Solid Ice game, I wanna play it, but...

1) I have a Mac

2) I don't have a disk drive.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:41 PM, L1011Widebody said:

Here's the first game!

Wow! Nice work on the NHL95PC music files!

How did you go about changing them around? Sounds so awesome with actual music files in there instead of the midi files that are originally in the game.
Can you share your secrets with us?