NHL'94 Forums

A couple random questions

#1 Anyone have info on locations/how to remove positions from showing up on the ice?  I would like to just have the players number.

#2 Why will NHLPA 93 30 team hacks not play on my Everdrive?

#3 Anyone know of a trustworthy place to have NES Toploader modded for AV hook ups?

42 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Consider me on the case for #1.   Not sure I can help with 2 or 3.

Awesome!  Thanks!  It would just look cleaner.

92 and the PC games just show the number and I like it.  Would be a cool hack.

21 hours ago, CoachMac said:

#1 Anyone have info on locations/how to remove positions from showing up on the ice?  I would like to just have the players number.

#2 Why will NHLPA 93 30 team hacks not play on my Everdrive?

#3 Anyone know of a trustworthy place to have NES Toploader modded for AV hook ups?

#2 - Check that the ROM has a header. Compare the first 500 bytes of the custom rom to the original ROM

#3 - Send it to me, I'll do it for free. I've done my own before, parts are real cheap, I have them laying around.

I started with the letter hack.  So far I have found that the alphabet graphic is used for the R,L,C,D, and it's the same graphic used by the credits and game.  Is there only one alphabet?  Anyway, the quick and dirty way of "erasing" the R,L,C,D graphic isn't a good one.  So I have to do more digging.

Alphabet offset: AAC52 (AAC5C in TM).  94 tiles. :rolleyes: Palette is 699034, palette 2.

Now, since the game is definitely bringing in these graphics, I assume looking around the code at any alphabet offset would be a good start.  Hopefully find where it pulls the letters and then modify that.  Anyway...To Be Continued.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I started with the letter hack.  So far I have found that the alphabet graphic is used for the R,L,C,D, and it's the same graphic used by the credits and game.  Is there only one alphabet?  Anyway, the quick and dirty way of "erasing" the R,L,C,D graphic isn't a good one.  So I have to do more digging.

Alphabet offset: AAC52 (AAC5C in TM).  94 tiles. :rolleyes: Palette is 699034, palette 2.

Now, since the game is definitely bringing in these graphics, I assume looking around the code at any alphabet offset would be a good start.  Hopefully find where it pulls the letters and then modify that.  Anyway...To Be Continued.

Nice Work!

I see why you say "dirty" looks great on Ice but you also lose those letters everywhere else:cry:

Also, the number is not perfectly centered.

Anyway, great start!  Amazing work!  I gotta learn this discovery stuff.

How did you find that in the rom????

So many things I would do if I had the skills!

On 7/25/2018 at 5:02 PM, chaos said:

#2 - Check that the ROM has a header. Compare the first 500 bytes of the custom rom to the original ROM

#3 - Send it to me, I'll do it for free. I've done my own before, parts are real cheap, I have them laying around.

#3 Hopefully you got my top loader.  Thanks for doing this!  Over $100 service you are doing.  I really appreciate!

#2 No Luck, but don't really care.

59 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

How did you find that in the rom????

Well, I found the alphabet using TM, which wasn't that hard...quick scan and you'll see the letters pop up.  I changed the C, D, L, & R letters and re-ran the game to see if it was indeed those graphics being used.  That wasn't too hard.  The harder work begins now...quick 2 second trace and there are 500 instructions to that alphabet!  And I'm not even sure any of it is related!