NHL'94 Forums

The need for blood.

What's going on guys. I got a question and I don't know if it, has been asked here nor if anyone though about this. We all know, blood was removed in NHL94, now, is it possible to add blood in a Rom? Has anyone done it? Cheers and happy scoring!!!!!

There are two ways you can try this.  One, and I believe it was done before, was to change the sprite graphics on injuries and draw some crude blood around the head. 

The second, and I think this is how it's done in '93, is to trigger an animation of blood that overlays on the injury.  The first thing would be to create the blood injury graphic, finding some free available tiles (space) or creating some.  Then, you'd have to code to trigger that animation next to the head graphic.  

• Like 1

Also, since it's likely limited to sprite color graphics, I think you have to get a red color that is separate from the skaters.  If I remember, you can steal a color from the skate blades by making them the same as gloves or something.  Barely noticeable.

• Like 1