NHL'94 Forums

I Feel a Mutant League Hockey vibe from this game. 

UHC is a physics-driven arcade 3D hockey that offers:

ragdoll physics upon big bodycheck impact even through shattering glass panes and into benches,  Exploding mines on the ice that reduce players to limbs and body parts, an ice rink arena turned into a battle zone littered with blood and a stacking body count, dirty tricks assigned to different team member roles, center and wings scrum and brawl for the faceoff as the puck drops from above, I should mention the puck has razorsblades and the puck can be sent flying by a single shot rather its a high or low shot, the ability to play differents roles during the faceoff and a built-in replay feature where you can edit and save your moments from the game and top it off as the games name: Hockey in H-E double hockey sticks of the underworld, literally.

Not bad for an open source game created by one man, its made in 2009 and could have gone far to adding management elements and other gameplay elements, or better yet. got remade in unity or unreal engine. or just wait for Mutant Hockey League to be made.

This game can be sometimes hard to find, so I will also post it here for you guys to play for yourselves. keep in mind, certain elements were not programmed as the creator abandon the development of this game (forfeits and the match ending when the entire team is dead, online play no longer works as there is no network or host server, certain parts of the pause menu score stats were not programmed, team and player stats are not implemented.) also there are third party libraries in the folder you need to install in order to get the game to work. 

UHC_1.30_Windows.zip

Edited by bushhockeyfan

not really feeling it ....kinda like the my worst nightmare mutant league meets 3d hockey games lol.....mutant league needs a few tweeks like goalie control but I rather play mutant league alone it would never work 1v1 ......ps after some digging I found out mutant league hockey was made for amiga.....hmmm.......6 nights not drinking and this is what I come up with lol

https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/unreleased-amiga-game-mutant-league-hockey-by-ocean-software/

ps .....just looked on YouTube game is way better on Sega ......weird cause sensible world of soccer is way better on amiga and shut on Sega 

Edited by kgman

On 8/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, kgman said:

not really feeling it ....kinda like the my worst nightmare mutant league meets 3d hockey games lol.....mutant league needs a few tweeks like goalie control but I rather play mutant league alone it would never work 1v1 ......ps after some digging I found out mutant league hockey was made for amiga.....hmmm.......6 nights not drinking and this is what I come up with lol

https://www.vintageisthenewold.com/unreleased-amiga-game-mutant-league-hockey-by-ocean-software/

ps .....just looked on YouTube game is way better on Sega ......weird cause sensible world of soccer is way better on amiga and shut on Sega 

Don't knock the idea till you try it, I mean, have you checked out the newer successor, Mutant Football league? it is a new take on the original Mutant league football game and it still staying true to its arcade gameplay roots and best of all its created by the original creator of the series and still working on improving the game and currently adding dynasty mode to it. If MFL plays its cards right and becomes a success in the long run, we might get a slash at Mutant Hockey League.

Still you got to give credit,  at least the unreleased Amiga version did certain things right that Sega Genesis could not, such as have the opposing team play in their respective team color scheme and not being stuck to the red and grey color scheme like in the Sega version and the intro and menu music sounds way better and does justice than the ones used in the sega version. I still wish both gave me the ability to watch an entire demo game like NHLPA 93 and perhaps a better fight system or line and bench clearing brawls. if anything MLH could have gone more chaotic bonkers to the point hitting the players through the glass or into the team benches or penalty boxes. like UHC did. pretty much be ahead of its time. 

Now it would be cool to see hacked Sega roms for MLH to do something like cpu vs cpu games and fix the away team color scheme.

Edited by bushhockeyfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...