NHL'94 Forums

Dec. 23rd - The Whale Returns!!!

Sauce

On December 23rd 2018, the Carolina Hurricanes will wear the Hartford Whalers jersey in tribute to their roots.  As NHL94 fans, I'm sure many of you can get a kick out of this news.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/hurricanes-to-host-whalers-night-on-december-23-boston/c-300443024

Kinda weird seeing Justin Williams in the green but also cool that the league is embracing the throw back.  Hope we see more of it!

Whalers.jpg

Edited by The Sauce

So you're telling me the Bruins will travel to face the Whalers on the day my kid is due to be born? I don't believe in coincidences, so I am gonna go ahead and embrace the s**t outta this!

17 minutes ago, skip said:

So you're telling me the Bruins will travel to face the Whalers on the day my kid is due to be born? I don't believe in coincidences, so I am gonna go ahead and embrace the s**t outta this!

It appears so...  LOL

Congrats to you and your wife!!!

18 hours ago, skip said:

"And we shall name him.. Third Jersey Smith"

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:12 AM, smozoma said:

"And we shall name him.. Third Jersey Smith"

Zarley, Francis, Patty, Geoff, Brendan, Gordie, Chris, Paul, or Kevin.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It has been announced that the Hurricanes, besides wearing the Whalers throw backs, on the 23rd, will also use "Brass Bonanza" as their goal song for the game.  Feeling '94 all over again!  :)

With this great news, they'll probably get shut out.  LMAO

Edited by The Sauce

Very nice, thanks for sharing Sauce!  It always comes back to NHL94.  I fully expect at least 1 Whalers alumni to be in attendance.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, Evan said:

Very nice, thanks for sharing Sauce!  It always comes back to NHL94.  I fully expect at least 1 Whalers alumni to be in attendance.

Perhaps they bring back Zarley Zalapski "Weekend at Bernies" style.  #toosoon #rip

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note, I came across a nice article on the Brass Bonanza. Did you Know Pierre McGuire saved the song? That means he's basically the reason it's in NHL 94, so quit hating on him!

https://thehockeywriters.com/brass-bonanza-the-sound-of-hockey/

1 hour ago, Bob Kudelski said:

On a related note, I came across a nice article on the Brass Bonanza. Did you Know Pierre McGuire saved the song? That means he's basically the reason it's in NHL 94, so quit hating on him!

https://thehockeywriters.com/brass-bonanza-the-sound-of-hockey/

LOL... I can't think of any reason why hockey fans would hate on him... hmmm...he never shows star player bias (incessantly) or anything like that...  :)

PierreSid.jpg

Edited by The Sauce