The Sauce

NHL 2019 Season ROM by The Sauce

Hi Everyone!

The new hockey season is officially here!!!  With it, comes a bunch of new ROMs.  As I did a "pre-season" version, I am now excited to present my official 2019 season ROM!!!

Here’s what you need to know:

*Link for the ROM is below the in-game images.
*There are over 100 new players in this ROM vs my 2018 ROM.  Many of them are rookies.
*I created a new structure for all teams.  Each team has 3 goalies, 14 forwards and 8 defensemen for you to choose from prior to a game.
*This ROM is a “healthy/best case scenario” ROM.  That means, most injured players (Shea Weber, Ryan Kesler, Seth Jones, Corey Perry, Mike Green, Torey Krug, Corey Crawford, Alex Galchenyuk, Cory Schneider, Dustin Brown, JG Pageau, etc.)  are in the line-ups.  I prefer it that way as it is more fun to play.  Also, RFA “hold outs” like William Nylander and Nick Ritchie are in the line-ups.  Kinda figure that they will stop being greedy and sitting at home before long.
*Suspended players (Tom Wilson, Nate Schmidt, Austin Watson and Robert Bortuzzo) are in the line-ups.
*LTIR players like Henrik Zetterberg (who has essentially retired) and Marian Gaborik (who may retire due to back surgery) are not in this ROM.  I was going to include Patrick Eaves but left him out for now as his return is unknown and I needed his spot for a rookie.
*Almost all opening night players made this ROM with the exception of approximately 10 players.  I just couldn’t fit them given the 3/14/8 structure in bullet 3 (above).  That said, I tried to include the guys that I felt most folks would want included.  Unfortunately, as I would have liked to include them, I had to leave out Barrett Hayton and Isac Lundstrom but both are rumored to not stay on the rosters for long (as they are up due to injuries).
*Many of the line combinations and D pairings come from preseason and will be used on opening night.  In some cases, they are what was/is projected when a healthy player returns.  Feel free to change them if you want something different.
*Jersey number have been updated for all players as of 10/2.  This, of course, is subject to change.

*31 NHL Teams.  The “WPG freeze bug” still exists.
*32nd team is a 2019 Prospects team (featuring Jack Hughes).

*Kenny Albert has replaced Mike “Doc” Emrick as the new “Ron Barr”.

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!  If you catch any mistakes/errors, please let me know. 

Cheers!

-The Sauce

NHL19 Title Screen.jpg

Team Select.jpg

Tonights Matchup.jpg

Hall Scores.jpg

Tavares Scores.jpg

NHL94 2019 ROM v1.zip

Edited by The Sauce
Ken Albert commentary fixed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just as a "heads up", like last season, I will be doing a 3v3 version of this ROM.  I will release it, sometime, later this month.

Hello All!

Several jersey numbers were updated after I posted my 2019 ROM (on opening day).  I went ahead and updated those numbers as well as made two player updates.  MIN traded Olofsson to MTL and NJ signed Stratford.  Both occurred after I originally posted the ROM. 

If anyone notices any errors or whatnot, please let me know.  I am still working on a 3v3 version of this ROM and will post it sometime this month.

Cheers!

Edited by The Sauce

Right on! Thanks Sauce. Just a heads up, I had a weird glitch with the team matchup screen. The Kenny Albert text repeated itself over and over. Not game breaking but just wanted to give you a heads up. 

4 hours ago, bbb777 said:

Right on! Thanks Sauce. Just a heads up, I had a weird glitch with the team matchup screen. The Kenny Albert text repeated itself over and over. Not game breaking but just wanted to give you a heads up. 

Thanks @bbb777!  That's weird that it is happening... I never noticed before as it doesn't do it in my 2018 ROM.  I did some changes in the hex code, for this rom, so I'll see if there is a connection.  If I can get it fixed I will re-post.  Thanks for bringing to my attention!

5 hours ago, bbb777 said:

The issue has been fixed an I have re-posted the corrected rom.  Special thanks to @slapshot67 who quickly discovered the issue.  Some of the commentary text got cut off when I   edited it to be for Kenny Albert.  All good now!

RE: this ROM.

It was brought to my attention, last night, that there may be a potential error of sorts.  The team rankings were not the same as in my 2018 version.  It was indeed an error and not by design. Not sure why they didn’t carry over when I made a 2019 edition.  Anywho, I fixed and reposted the ROM.  They are correct in my 3v3 rom as well (posted last night).

I keep the teams set as “average” for offense and defense ranking as well as for their PP, PK, Home and Away settings.  This allows for some unpredictability to go with the players individual skills (vs being “hot” or “cold”) to help determine outcomes.  I did this last year and enjoyed the gameplay.  Apparently, others did as well.  :)

9 minutes ago, CheezyMeister said:

I'll take this one for my tournament. Thanks for the hardwork!

Sounds good!  This version (knock on wood) and the 3v3 have been checked and I haven't discovered anything else to update/fix/address in the here and now.  That said, if that remains the case, I won't be updating it until later this year/early next year when enough roster changes have occurred and we see how players are trending for the year.  So, definitely feel free to use this version.

Thanks for downloading... have fun with it!

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, game-winning mullet said:

Wowwy wow.  Excellent work, Sauce.  You seem to really know the whole league well.  KFTC!

Thanks @game-winning mullet!

Truth be told, with knowing the NHL, I'm not sure how well I really do.  I spend a lot of free time watching NHL Network, random hockey games (not just my fav team's games) and reading TSN and HFBoards.  I also use several good websites for stats, analytics and/or scouting reports.  It's a sickness.  LOL

Thankfully, I married a hockey fan and she is more tolerant then I deserve.  LOL

Edited by The Sauce