NHL'94 Forums

NHL 2019 Playoff Edition by Skip & Slapshot67

skip

Hey guys, here is the UPDATED PLAYOFF ROM for 2018-19 season. Special thanks to @slapshot67 for his work on graphics and player cards!

Below you'll find the ROM and Excel sheet. Excel is in the zip folder, which shows player ratings, "Skip's ratings", etc.

Changes from earlier 2019 ROMs: Player rating updates based on this year's performance, roster changes, some new player cards, playoff brackets to reflect actual 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I updated every teams lines, including PK lines based on top TOI on PK for each team, last time but didn't do much this time around. Injured players remain in lineup on their assumed line.

Notes:

-This is the 32-team ROM (updated teams, logos, player cards and graphics by Slapshot67).

-Updated team rosters for 2018-19 season (rosters and player ratings by Skip). The 32nd team is still the NHL'94 Hall of Fame team, with original NHL94 ratings!

-Weight bug is fixed (heavy guys are harder to knock down), and this ROM uses weight + checking = hitting ability

-1 minute penalties (except for injuries = 2 min penalty). You can do 5, 7, 10 or 20 minute periods.

-Hot/Cold is accurate in the pre-game screen and in edit lines

NEW for 2019 ROM: Added in NHL Network's Kevin Weekes as the announcer.

ROSTER NOTES: Some long-term injured players were also omitted (ie Stephen Johns, Christian Dvorak). 3rd line is usually a mashup of best players on a team's real 3rd & 4th lines. Tried to keep scoring lines as they are in real life, or how they "should be" when players return from injury.

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg. There is no known fix for this.

TOURNEY ROM has continuous OT. The regular ROM has 5 minute OT.

Zip folder has excel sheet with all players listed, including the NHL94 HHOF All-Stars roster, and Ratings list for all 32 teams.

-Skip

NHL19cover.png

NHL19menu.png

NHL19pregame.png

NHL19pregame2.png

NHL19goal.png

NHL19faceoff.png

NHL19playoffs.zip

NHL19PlayoffsTourney.bin NHL19PlayoffsSkip.bin

Edited by skip
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

If anyone finds errors with players, jersey numbers, etc, please let me know. I will release a V1 once there are roster moves or player boosts needed. Enjoy!

22 minutes ago, Quadruple Deke said:

Thank you, as always.

Also - is Weekesy aware of this?  That's kind of a big deal.

It's our pleasure!

I tweeted it at him :-) When we released the IIHF ROM a few weeks back, he replied to my tweet when I said something like 'We got Kathryn Tappen into this one, Weekesy is next! Had to get my two favorite people in there'. He replied thanks for watching the network hahaha

Still no reply about him being in this one, but that's ok.

Truth be told, since this is the 25th anniversary of '94, I should've done Weekes next year and done the obvious choice for this season.....................

JEREMY ROENICK! I obviously wasn't thinking clearly lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skip said:

It's our pleasure!

I tweeted it at him :-) When we released the IIHF ROM a few weeks back, he replied to my tweet when I said something like 'We got Kathryn Tappen into this one, Weekesy is next! Had to get my two favorite people in there'. He replied thanks for watching the network hahaha

Still no reply about him being in this one, but that's ok.

Truth be told, since this is the 25th anniversary of '94, I should've done Weekes next year and done the obvious choice for this season.....................

JEREMY ROENICK! I obviously wasn't thinking clearly lol

Nice job @skip!

Technically, as this is a celebration of 25 years since the original release, the apropos announcer could (or maybe "should") be Howie Rose.  Afterall, he shouted one of the most famous calls in NHL lore in 1994... "Matteau, Matteau, Matteau".  As a life long Rangers fan, I prefer Sam Rosen's "...and this one will last a lifetime."  Sadly, it has...  :(

Roenick, albiet a great player, is partially associated with this game due to a bug.  :)

Kathryn Tappen was a nice addition to your other rom.  Mainly because she is friggin' hot!!!

Edited by The Sauce

4 hours ago, The Sauce said:

Nice job @skip!

Technically, as this is a celebration of 25 years since the original release, the apropos announcer could (or maybe "should") be Howie Rose.  Afterall, he shouted one of the most famous calls in NHL lore in 1994... "Matteau, Matteau, Matteau".  As a life long Rangers fan, I prefer Sam Rosen's "...and this one will last a lifetime."  Sadly, it has...  :(

Roenick, albiet a great player, is partially associated with this game due to a bug.  :)

Kathryn Tappen was a nice addition to your other rom.  Mainly because she is friggin' hot!!!

hahaha thanks bud! I've been meaning to check out your ROM too. Good call on Matteau, that was classic.

10 hours ago, jer_33 said:

Awesome.. VHL draft on the horizon?

I'm disappointed that the splash screen is Ovechkin doing a keg stand...:grimace:

hi9nJElU94FgVfKh.jpg

Keg stand wouldve been far better...my bad! VHL may happen, not sure when.

2 hours ago, blondearrow said:

Skip, big thanks for this! The hard work to bring this to the community is hugely appreciated.

Glad you like it my man! Slapshot67 and I love doing this ROM each season. I'll be sad to see the NHL'94 HOF team go when they add Seattle in a couple of years lol

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skip said:

Hey guys, just added the V2 edit. Rosters current as of today. Happy new year!

shared it on social media for ya bud.

3 hours ago, skip said:

@halifax thanks bud! I may need to do a V3 this week to add this rookie Conor Garland from Arizona, kid is legit I guess!

You should definitely add Garland... you could replace Ullstrom (who hasn't played in the NHL) with him.

Also, consider adding Jayce Hawryluk (C/W) to the Panthers.  He's speedy, has 3 goals in 10 games and he likes to hit (25 hits in those 10 games).  To add him, you could replace Derek MacKenzie (who retired last week and is now a coach) or Maxim Mamim who is now playing in a Europe League. 

Again, nice job bud!!!

V3 is added in original post. I realized I needed to do a little more work on the rosters for V2 almost immediately, my apologies for such a quick update + sloppy V2. I added a few players, too. Thanks @The Sauce for his note on the Panthers :-) very helpful for this update because I think I would've missed it!

Edited by skip

4 hours ago, skip said:

V3 is added in original post. I realized I needed to do a little more work on the rosters for V2 almost immediately, my apologies for such a quick update + sloppy V2. I added a few players, too. Thanks @The Sauce for his note on the Panthers :-) very helpful for this update because I think I would've missed it!

Anytime bud!

Your V2 wasn't sloppy.  The MacKenzie retirement wasn't big news and is an easy miss.  I knew of it because I live on HFboard's website.  To be honest, it's easy to forget that Florida has two teams when only one has ever been relevant.  lol

Maybe next season, I can put together a post of all 2020 season transactions so we can all stay on top of things.  With surprise retirements, weekly waivers and minor (in addition to occasional noteworthy) trades, it may prove helpful.

Edited by The Sauce
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, The Sauce said:

Anytime bud!

Your V2 wasn't sloppy.  The MacKenzie retirement wasn't big news and is an easy miss.  I knew of it because I live on HFboard's website.  To be honest, it's easy to forget that Florida has two teams when only one has ever been relevant.  lol

Maybe next season, I can put together a post of all 2020 season transactions so we can all stay on top of things.  With surprise retirements, weekly waivers and minor (in addition to occasional noteworthy) trades, it may prove helpful.

Love it, thanks bud! 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:59 AM, skip said:

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg. There is no known fix for this.

Yesterday I noticed while playing Washington that when the player cards begin to cycle, the game freezes up as well.  I didn't notice anyone having this issue so I thought I would mention it.  Thanks for all your hard work on these roms.  I look forward to playing them each year a new one comes out!  Game on!

9 hours ago, baronsfan88 said:

Yesterday I noticed while playing Washington that when the player cards begin to cycle, the game freezes up as well.  I didn't notice anyone having this issue so I thought I would mention it.  Thanks for all your hard work on these roms.  I look forward to playing them each year a new one comes out!  Game on!

Thanks! I just went through it and it only freezes with Winnipeg, no freeze on Washington. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...