skip

NHL 2019 Trade Deadline by Skip & Slapshot67

Just added it guys, have fun!

• Like 1

Thank you as always skip and slapshot67, I am a big fan of your edits!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:00 PM, skip said:

Thanks! I just went through it and it only freezes with Winnipeg, no freeze on Washington. 

The guys in this thread had the same issue with Winnipeg and Washington:

Interesting...

27 minutes ago, baronsfan88 said:

Interesting...

Yes, it's an issue with the base 32-team ROM that both updates use, not with something the creators of these specific updates have done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, baronsfan88 said:

Interesting...

I know I write a lot in the introduction, but it is there:

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg. There is no known fix for this.

9 hours ago, smozoma said:

Yes, it's an issue with the base 32-team ROM that both updates use, not with something the creators of these specific updates have done.

Remember when the 32-team ROM was just a dream? 

13 hours ago, skip said:

I know I write a lot in the introduction, but it is there:

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg. There is no known fix for this.

@skip Hey buddy.  As always, nice job on your rom!

You, me and Naples all put this same disclaimer in our rom posts but, it still comes up within those very posts.  That said, does it make sense to make a new post regarding the Winnipeg Freeze and making it a sticky within the Gens Rom section?  That way it is as public as public can be?

There is actually a fix to the Winnipeg Freeze bug but, it then affects/disables player card data.  So, basically trading one issue for another.  

Edited by The Sauce

The freeze bug should have been at 21 teams:scorn:

Or maybe 6.:amazing:

39 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

@skip Hey buddy.  As always, nice job on your rom!

You, me and Naples all put this same disclaimer in our rom posts but, it still comes up within those very posts.  That said, does it make sense to make a new post regarding the Winnipeg Freeze and making it a sticky within the Gens Rom section?  That way it is as public as public can be?

There is actually a fix to the Winnipeg Freeze bug but, it then affects/disables player card data.  So, basically trading one issue for another.  

I have a silly/ugly suggestion.. edit the WPG logo to add text that says "hurry or crash" or something like that. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, smozoma said:

I have a silly/ugly suggestion.. edit the WPG logo to add text that says "hurry or crash" or something like that. 

LOL!

Or, it really long naming convention, for the rom/post, like "2019 Trade Deadline Rom by Skip/Slapshot67 with Winnipeg Freeze Bug Included - see original post for details".

Worth noting, it will not crash if you use Kega Fusion.  It will for Gens or Retroarch (and perhaps other emulators).

Edited by The Sauce

I don't think a separate post about the bug will help. Might want to just lead the main post with "NOTE: (bug details)" and then repeat that right above the downloads. In this thread it's kind of buried in the middle. One thing I learned from running Blitz league, is the longer something is, the more people will ignore in it.

So given that Blitz league lesson, maybe do it this way:

When you create a new rom thread, make 2 posts in the thread right away. The first post is very short, and contains only the most relevant info, the ROM, and the warning about the bug. The 2nd post contains less critical details/notes, pictures, etc.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, smozoma said:

I don't think a separate post about the bug will help. Might want to just lead the main post with "NOTE: (bug details)" and then repeat that right above the downloads. In this thread it's kind of buried in the middle. One thing I learned from running Blitz league, is the longer something is, the more people will ignore in it.

So given that Blitz league lesson, maybe do it this way:

When you create a new rom thread, make 2 posts in the thread right away. The first post is very short, and contains only the most relevant info, the ROM, and the warning about the bug. The 2nd post contains less critical details/notes, pictures, etc.

I could do all that, but I probably won't lol

I'll do one final update for the Stanley Cup playoffs, right before it begins. I'll make some minor player overall adjustments based on stats, final team ratings, pp/pk, etc. All that good stuff.