NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 World Rankings List!

halifax

The NHL'94 World Rankings are here! Much thanks to @smozoma, for coming up with the formulas to assist in the rankings. 

Click on the links for the entire rankings.

Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo

rankings2-segaleft.png

• Like 3

This is very cool @smozoma.  Would you mind sharing with me what data from our  Green Bay tournaments you had available for these considerations?

I'm guessing there may be more data out there.  Not all of our group play data in the past had made it out to Challonge brackets.  Whether that makes a difference or not is to be seen.

Nice to see our local player The_Shield aka Tim Ubick make #12 on Genesis.  

Having only played in a single SNES tournament, I thought 33 was a respectable number for myself.

Thanks again for doing this!  Stats keep people engaged and interested, and keep them coming back for more.

14 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Scotty is @MikeGartner22?  Scott Stueve is @LeifErikson?  Jeremy is @jer_33?

Who is Kevin Brennan and Chris O'Rourke?

Not sure who Scotty s is but he played in Long Island. So if you are saying it is mike Gardner. Then we can fix. 

Scott Stueve,Kevin Brennan’s chris orouke all played in Vegas. Chris also played in oaks,PA. 

Jer_33 And life Erickson are on the list

The Jeremy in the top 30 won Edmonton. Different person. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, halifax said:

Not sure who Scotty s is but he played in Long Island. So if you are saying it is mike Gardner. Then we can fix. 

Scott Stueve,Kevin Brennan’s chris orouke all played in Vegas. Chris also played in oaks,PA. 

Jer_33 And life Erickson are on the list

The Jeremy in the top 30 won Edmonton. Different person. 

Thank you sir!  And yes, Scotty is @MikeGartner22

2 hours ago, segathon said:

There's a guy in Prior Lake that loves 94?  That's the heart of Segathon Country.  We will brainwash him and show him the FUTURE.....

I sent him an email, saying the brainwash is coming. get ready.

• Like 1

Smoz, I think there must be something wrong, Plabax didn't make the list.... ohhhhh that's right.  1st rule of top rankings, you have to make it to take it.

@Plabax hopefully you can make an appearance to one of these buddy!

@HABS don't think I forgot about you, you're not off the hook... get your ass to Vancouver!

1 minute ago, kgman said:

plabax is machine learning ai .....when will people learn.

I wonder if any none north Americans will ever be on that list .....SWOS

Would love to see @swoson that list.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:10 AM, Edge of 94' WI said:

This is very cool @smozoma.  Would you mind sharing with me what data from our  Green Bay tournaments you had available for these considerations?

I'm guessing there may be more data out there.  Not all of our group play data in the past had made it out to Challonge brackets.  Whether that makes a difference or not is to be seen.

Nice to see our local player The_Shield aka Tim Ubick make #12 on Genesis.  

Having only played in a single SNES tournament, I thought 33 was a respectable number for myself.

Thanks again for doing this!  Stats keep people engaged and interested, and keep them coming back for more.

It uses the challonge brackets from the last 2 GB tourneys. I don't think any round robin data was available, but the swiss tournament data for the Genesis was used. 

It'd be great if you could get the RR data up on Challonge somehow, for posterity. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:33 AM, smozoma said:

It uses the challonge brackets from the last 2 GB tourneys. I don't think any round robin data was available, but the swiss tournament data for the Genesis was used. 

It'd be great if you could get the RR data up on Challonge somehow, for posterity. 

I'll look but it was done on paper, more than  months ago.

I'll make sure to have all data moving forward in Challonge, as we will see Swiss group play moving forward, and it will be done to completion, not abreviated.

2 hours ago, Edge of 94' WI said:

I'll look but it was done on paper, more than  months ago.

I'll make sure to have all data moving forward in Challonge, as we will see Swiss group play moving forward, and it will be done to completion, not abreviated.

That'd be awesome, thanks.

Challonge has this new event system you could look at. I still need to figure it out. Unfortunately it doesn't let you back-date data, it assumes it's a current or future event.

I have a request for the next time you update the rankings, could you please change my city to Barrie, ON, CAN?

I know you guys got the city from what we put in when signing up on the king of 94 website. I just used my mailing address then because I thought my first place trophy and money might come in the mail

But things dont always work out the way you expect :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomKabs93 said:

I have a request for the next time you update the rankings, could you please change my city to Barrie, ON, CAN?

I know you guys got the city from what we put in when signing up on the king of 94 website. I just used my mailing address then because I thought my first place trophy and money might come in the mail

But things dont always work out the way you expect :(

I've fixed it in the spreadsheet, so it'll appear the next time I update the website

How does this ranking algorithm work? Asking for a friend. :lol:

I might be biased but it looks like it doesn't reward people for playing in multiple events (ie, someone like Daf ends up in 2nd after one tourney).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...