NHL'94 Forums

32-team ROM offsets

Jkline3

11 hours ago, Jkline3 said:

Can anyone share the offset locations for the team logos and banners in the 32-team ROM?  Considering making a ROM based on the Champions Hockey League.

@Jkline3 I have a file that has the team selection and center ice logo offsets (for each team) for a 32 team rom.  I'll PM it to you...

I'll also include where the team banner offset is located within the 32 ROM.  Hope it helps...

Edited by The Sauce
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jkline3 said:

Can anyone share the offset locations for the team logos and banners in the 32-team ROM?  Considering making a ROM based on the Champions Hockey League.

That'd be really cool!

• Like 1

Still struggling with the banners / logos.  It seems that the offsets for the "Import Internal Palette" have moved (and I'm assuming also changed size to accommodate 32 teams).  The in-game banners would keep the same palette but it looks like it has moved also.  Any ideas?

14. Home & Visitor Team Selection Banner Palette.png

15. Team Selection Logos.png

16. In-game Banners.png

12 minutes ago, Jkline3 said:

Still struggling with the banners / logos.  It seems that the offsets for the "Import Internal Palette" have moved (and I'm assuming also changed size to accommodate 32 teams).  The in-game banners would keep the same palette but it looks like it has moved also.  Any ideas?

14. Home & Visitor Team Selection Banner Palette.png

15. Team Selection Logos.png

16. In-game Banners.png

Hey bud... sorry I wasn't able to assist/advise as we went back and forth in PM.  Hopefully, you'll get the answer soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I tried viewing the logos using the steps above, but all I got was a plain green tile.

It's beginning to sound like the software just doesn't work on your computer. It's not reading the data from the file.

52 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

TM only loads a green screen when I try to view the logos, even in the original bin file.

5NXd.gif

Have you been able to edit ANYTHING in TM?

Maybe I'll make a quick TM video to help folks out, but please stop posting "it doesn't work" type of posts everywhere.  They are really not helpful.  At least provide a screenshot/description.  I know you've been asked this repeatedly.

14 minutes ago, kingraph said:

5NXd.gif

Have you been able to edit ANYTHING in TM?

Maybe I'll make a quick TM video to help folks out, but please stop posting "it doesn't work" type of posts everywhere.  They are really not helpful.  At least provide a screenshot/description.  I know you've been asked this repeatedly.

Maybe someone can do a Discord screen sharing session?

Can you install Discord, @Jlnhlsegafan, then use this link to invite yourself to the group: https://discord.gg/yyUUsd

This may help some people, or just be convenient for any modder. It's an xml file that is a bunch of bookmarks in TileMolester for the 32-team rom template.

To use, download the file and put it in the resources folder of your tilemolester install. RENAME it so the name of the xml is exactly the same as the name of rom you are editing.

Then open tilemolester and open up your rom. To edit something, go to the top menu, Navigate and choose what you want to edit. After that, go to Palette and choose the corresponding palette for what you are editing. Voila, never look up a hex address again.

(For the palette bookmarks, if it says 'p2' or another number, load the palette, then hit the right arrow at the bottom menu to go to the 2nd page of bookmarked palette)

I hope this helps!

NHL 2019 by naples39.xml

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, naples39 said:

This may help some people, or just be convenient for any modder. It's an xml file that is a bunch of bookmarks in TileMolester for the 32-team rom template.

To use, download the file and put it in the resources folder of your tilemolester install. RENAME it so the name of the xml is exactly the same as the name of rom you are editing.

Then open tilemolester and open up your rom. To edit something, go to the top menu, Navigate and choose what you want to edit. After that, go to Palette and choose the corresponding palette for what you are editing. Voila, never look up a hex address again.

(For the palette bookmarks, if it says 'p2' or another number, load the palette, then hit the right arrow at the bottom menu to go to the 2nd page of bookmarked palette)

I hope this helps!

NHL 2019 by naples39.xml

I'm sorry, but the steps you gave me weren't clear enough for me to understand.

25 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I'm sorry, but the steps you gave me weren't clear enough for me to understand.

At this point, I think you are better off asking for someone to do the work for you. These are simple instructions, and if you can't understand them, you should take a step back and see if you are actually capable of editing a ROM yourself.

I would suggest finding youtube videos on tile molester if you want to continue down this route. Or else, explain what you would like done, with CONCISE instructions, unlike your vague responses, and maybe someone will be willing to help.

1 hour ago, naples39 said:

I hope this helps!

NHL 2019 by naples39.xml

Thanks Naples, this is great.  Now I can free up those bytes in my head where I had memorized the palettes :lol:

• 9 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:58 PM, naples39 said:

I hope this helps!

NHL 2019 by naples39.xml

Not to resurrect an old thread, but you are a life saver.