NHL'94 Forums

1976 WHA

Jkline3

Season 4 of the WHA saw the shuffling of franchises continue as Baltimore and Chicago were replaced by new teams in Cincinnati and Denver while Vancouver moved to Calgary to become the Cowboys.  Ominously for the league, Denver moved to Ottawa before ultimately folding at midseason.  In spite of their success in the standings and at the gate Minnesota suffered the same fate several weeks later, dropping the circuit to 12 teams.

On the ice, Quebec's Marc Tardif won the "triple crown", dominating the league with 71 goals, 77 assists and 148 points en route to winning the Gordie Howe trophy as the league's most valuable player.

Included in the ROM are all 12 teams which finished the season along with the all star teams representing the Canadian and US-based franchises. 

BONUS - Denver, Minnesota and Ottawa are included with rosters that reflect players who suited up for these teams.

DOUBLE BONUS - The Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Toros traveled to Europe for their training camps and faced off against a collection of Swedish and Finnish club, national and all-star teams.  I've included the 12 teams for which I was able to locate reasonable stats in order to cover all of your preseason needs.  Player photos aren't always available or of very good quality but I've included what I can.

1976 WHA.bin

1976 WHA_003.jpg

1976 WHA_001.jpg

1976 WHA_002.jpg

Edited by Jkline3
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 7:52 AM, CutterTML said:

Spoiling us with the European teams!!!

Thought it would be a fun twist, especially considering the level of European involvement the WHA had.  Building up a library of European team graphics so there may be more down the road...

• 4 years later...