NHL'94 Forums

So... I was editing the in-game banner tile for the St Louis Blues in wboy's 30 Team rom, and this happened.

Good that you got it close! I think you might have been just a little bit misaligned. There is a button that lets you adjust very small amounts. 

Make sure you always keep a good backup of your ROM by the way, in case you make a mistake.

In this case you would go to your backup that still had the st Louis banner in it, try to get the alignment correct, and insert your graphic again.

4 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

But I changed the ice colour in NOSE.

We need more information.

What is everything you have done to the ROM? Players, teams, logos, palettes, color changes, etc.

1 hour ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

But then how am I able to avoid transparency in the banner?

By not utilizing color #1 (in the banner color swatch in TM) within your banner colors.  Whether it is blue, white, mauve, periwinkle... don't use it. 

Edited by The Sauce

10 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

By not utilizing color #1 (in the banner color swatch in TM) within your banner colors.  Whether it is blue, white, mauve, periwinkle... don't use it.  If you want it to be white, make sure white is one of the other usable colors within the 16 color banner swatch.

image.pngHere's what it should look like.

I guess what was/is throwing me is why are you editing the team name color on the banner.  They default to light grey which, depending on how big you're emulator screen is, probably won't give enough clarity/detail to distinguish between white and light grey.  Certainly white can "pop" a little more but given the effects on the game, it doesn't seem worth it.  That light grey may be used in another area of the game graphics.  It's no different than if you change a team's skate color, it affects the floor color on the player bench.  With team banners, you should really only be editing the top and bottom colors to match (as best as possible) to the team's primary colors.

Check out page 17 of this PDF.

https://forum.nhl94.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5905

You'll notice that the first color of the 16 color swatch is the rink color.  Per the pink warning/disclaimer, don't use it.  Use color #2 as it is the closest you get to white.  

• Like 1