Recommended Posts

Hi, I came across this site via NHL.com when they had an article about the 25 years anniversary of the game. This was one of my absolutely favorite games for the Mega Drive (Genesis) when I grew up in Sweden. I´ve got the game 94 or 95 (I can’t remember) and probably played over 1000 games during the nineties, but even a lot last couples of years along with the other NHL 93-97 + Elitserien 95-96 :)

I noticed the bug  #31 “12 Goalies”  and that it’s quite unusually. I have know exactly how to do this and it works every time. Also, you will play the reminder of the period without nets! I have known about this bug for 20+ years. I can tell you how to do if this isn’t common knowledge?

Cheers

Johan

Edited by Johan Sundberg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johan Sundberg said:

Please let me know if it works for you

Maybe I missed something...after you switched the two Dmen in the PK lines, I see you clicked on Instant Replay.  What did you do within the Instant Replay screen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

Maybe I missed something...after you switched the two Dmen in the PK lines, I see you clicked on Instant Replay.  What did you do within the Instant Replay screen?

Just exit the replay screen. Don't forget to save team lines after switching dmen the second time.

 

Start the game
* Press start
* Edit lines
* Go to PK2
* Switch places on LD and RD
* Exit
* Resume game
* Press start
* Edit lines
* Go to PK2 again
* Switch the LD and RD back to the original setting
* Save team lines
* Instant replay (Logo in the center will show)
* Resume game (12 goalies will appear)
* Then you will play without nets for the reminder of the period

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Johan Sundberg said:

Just exit the replay screen. Don't forget to save team lines after switching dmen the second time.

 

Start the game
* Press start
* Edit lines
* Go to PK2
* Switch places on LD and RD
* Exit
* Resume game
* Press start
* Edit lines
* Go to PK2 again
* Switch the LD and RD back to the original setting
* Save team lines
* Instant replay (Logo in the center will show)
* Resume game (12 goalies will appear)
* Then you will play without nets for the reminder of the period

Cool...thanks!

I will try it out tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you ever figure this out!?!

I wonder if the steps can be simplified somehow. Like switch the Ds, then switch them back, without going back to the game between then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smozoma said:

How did you ever figure this out!?!

I wonder if the steps can be simplified somehow. Like switch the Ds, then switch them back, without going back to the game between then. 

It's may be possible to simplify the steps. Go ahead and try :)

I just did this as a coincidence. Nerdy about my PK-line, and I swiched the dmen wrong, realized it and swiched them back, then saved to be sure. Why I pressed Instant replay afterwards I don't remember

Link to post
Share on other sites

If no one has discovers this over 25 years, should I give the info to an youtuber who can make a professional youtube clip about it? Who are your favorites?

Top candidates:

Classic Gaming Quarterly (who made "The History of NHL 94")

Sega lord X

cinnemassacre (angry video game nerd)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johan Sundberg said:

If no one has discovers this over 25 years, should I give the info to an youtuber who can make a professional youtube clip about it? Who are your favorites?

Top candidates:

Classic Gaming Quarterly (who made "The History of NHL 94")

Sega lord X

cinnemassacre (angry video game nerd)

Interesting idea. Off the top of my head, considering the effort Classic Gaming Quarterly put into their History of 94 video, they're my pick.

I'm unfamiliar with Sega lord X and I only know angry video game nerd from back when he was angry nintendo nerd so I don't know what his content is like these days.

If you get them to make a video, it would be great if you could suggest they include a mention for nhl94.com so that NHL94 fans seeing the video know this community is there for them (and of course they should credit you directly for the bug reproduction information!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Interesting idea. Off the top of my head, considering the effort Classic Gaming Quarterly put into their History of 94 video, they're my pick.

I'm unfamiliar with Sega lord X and I only know angry video game nerd from back when he was angry nintendo nerd so I don't know what his content is like these days.

If you get them to make a video, it would be great if you could suggest they include a mention for nhl94.com so that NHL94 fans seeing the video know this community is there for them (and of course they should credit you directly for the bug reproduction information!)

Ok, I will contact Classic Gaming Quarterly then

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried this out on my 32-team rom and it worked.  At first, 12 goalies appear and as soon as the play end/whistle blows, it goes back to 5v5 with 2 goalies but no net.

The 12 goalie thing is very bizarre (as it is happening).

No Goalie Net.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online