NHL'94 Forums

I'm having problems with NHL 2000.

NHL 2000 is rejecting any roster change that I make.

I tried creating a player, but that resets the rosters.

I tried editing the rosters for days using NHLInfo, but the changes never showed up.

I even tried importing a face, but that caused a DLL error.

When I create a team and exit the game, the created team is gone.

What am I doing wrong?

10 hours ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

NHL 2000 is rejecting any roster change that I make.

I tried creating a player, but that resets the rosters.

I tried editing the rosters for days using NHLInfo, but the changes never showed up.

I even tried importing a face, but that caused a DLL error.

When I create a team and exit the game, the created team is gone.

What am I doing wrong?

In the spirit in which it is intended... that isn't much to go off of...

You are providing the end result but not the steps that you took to get to the end result.  It's like going into a auto repair shop, saying "my car makes a loud noise, please fix it" and then walking away.  You have to give details on what you were doing, in each case, or you may have trouble getting someone to troubleshoot with you.  I also recommend screenshots when applicable.

Food for thought...

I'm not versed in that software so, unfortunately, I cannot be of more help.  The word "load" can be nebulous as I'm guessing it's not that simple as "plug and play".  I used to mod NHL14 through a program called NHLView and it was never as simple as edit and then "load".  Multiple steps were involved.  I would have to assume that there are different things you do or don't do when doing a "load" of your roster.  I'd recommend writing out the exact steps that you took so that anyone familiar, with this program, can maybe determine what you did incorrectly (and where/when).  I recommend spelling out what you do in each software, start to finish.

Maybe someone here knows the software you are using and can advise.

• Like 1

Does NHLinfo keep these rosters saved if you close it and start again? Seems that you are saving these rosters to some season, is that same season which you try to load on NHL2000?

8 hours ago, Kiba said:

Does NHLinfo keep these rosters saved if you close it and start again? Seems that you are saving these rosters to some season, is that same season which you try to load on NHL2000?

I edited the exhibition rosters, and yes, NHLInfo saves the rosters when I close and start again.

I tried running a patch that came with my copy that was supposed to fix a lot of bugs. Instead, I always get this error.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.57.46 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...