NHL'94 Forums

2 teammates mode, playoff bug

Hello

I've noticed a bug recently, which seems to affect every NHL 94 rom. Customized or not. If you start some playoff with the 2-teammates mode, you will suddenly be forced to choose the 2-head to head mode before the 2nd game, at the menu screen. It will be no longer possible to play with your friend.

Note that I'm using "Fusion" emulator to run my roms. 

Does anybody have an idea how to fix that bug? And if it's possible at all? 

Thanks a lot for your replies

• 2 months later...

I have progressed through the first game in the playoffs and I have observed the problem. The Continue Playoffs mode locks you out of the Players menu that switches to the other options (One or Two Teammates) and you are stuck playing Two Head to Head. I will try to find a code that can change it to Two Teammates.

Edited by Brodeur30
  • Thanks 1

I have a solution for you mitch. It involves the use of the Auto Player Switching Off code I posted a while back. I tried hacking the Menu but was unsuccessful. I got it to change to Two Teammates in Continue Playoffs but it still remained Head to Head in the game in Continue Playoffs. So that didn't work, but you can switch to Two Teammates by using the code that I use to turn Auto Player Switching Off.

Basically the the Auto Player Switching Off code I posted before is the code that determines what team Player 1 is on. A value of 1 is the home team and a value of 2 is the visitor team. There's another code right near it that sets what team Player 2 is on and by using both of these codes in tandem you can turn Head to Head into Two Teammates even when the Menu does not allow it like in Continue Playoffs.

I don't think you can get around this problem by editing the rom near offset 17FEA though. I just tried and was unsuccessful. What I can do is provide you with two Game Genie codes converted from the RAM codes that produced the Auto Player Switching Off rom code that you can test on your emulator when you are in Continue Playoffs to make it it Two Teammates instead of Head to Head.

• Thanks 1

I just tested the codes and they work. I converted them to Game Genie format from RAM codes.

Here's what you do : You go to Continue Playoffs. It's locked on Two Head to Head. You press Start and go to the Playoff Bracket screen. Now you can enable the Game Genie code, but you need to determine whether your team is Home or Visitor in the upcoming game. So you may want to proceed to the Matchups Screen or to the Pre-Game Pause Menu to confirm if your team is Home or Visitor. Once you know that your team is Home or Visitor for that game, you enter and activate one of the following Game Genie Codes :

To switch it from 2P Head to Head to Two Teammates playing on the Home Team, Enter and Activate Game Genie Code : AHB9-8ABL

To switch it from 2P Head to Head to Two Teammates playing on the Visitor Team : Enter and Activate Game Genie Code : AMB9-8ABJ

Since Head to Head makes the 1P code 1 and the 2P code 2, the first Game Genie code switches the 2P code to 1, putting both players on the Home Team and the 2nd Game Genie code switches the 1P code to 2 putting both players on the Visitor Team.

There you go mitch. Try those Game Genie codes and see if you can get that to work to enable Two Teammates throughout the Playoffs !

@mitch13 Have you had a chance to test my Game Genie codes? Did those fix that problem, allowing you to now Continue Playoffs in Two Teammates mode? I think you stumbled on a very important bug and I'm glad that I can be of assistance to find a way around that problem. Has no one else noticed this bug before now? In any event I am glad to help others experience NHL 94 to its full potential by finding game genie codes.

I want to test two teammates mode further and find more codes for it. For example, making it so player 2 does face-offs instead of player 1.

22 minutes ago, mitch13 said:

Ok thanks, where can I find your codes please?

I posted them above. I have provided you with two codes depending on if you are the Home Team or the Visitor Team. You need to enter these Game Genie codes while you are running the game after you enter Continue Playoffs. After you have reached the Playoff bracket, you can enter the code to change it from Head to Head to Two Teammates.

If your team is the Home team in the next playoff game, then enter this Game Genie code before starting the match : AHB9-8ABL

If your team is the Visitor Team in the next playoff game then enter this Game Genie code before starting the match : AMB9-8ABJ

That should change it from Two Head to Head to Two Teammates, must make sure you activate the code after you press Start and go into Continue Playoffs. Please test it in your emulator and confirm that these codes work for you. Note that you will want to Deactivate the code each time before you enter Continue Playoffs if in the next playoff game your team as the Home or Visitor team changes.

• 5 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 4:17 AM, mitch13 said:

Ok, will test that. Thanks a lot Marty :dal_skater_hand_grab::)

No problem mitch. I'd love to know if you tested these codes and got Two Teammates to work in Continue Playoffs. If you need the RAM codes let me know, but hopefully the Game Genie codes were sufficient for you to get around this problem.