NHL'94 Forums

Pixelated Heroes Available Now

8 hours ago, 77 said:

well???   did anyone ask lesser and find out how to add fighting back in to 94??? otherwise the doc is a waste of time

The Hockey News article released a few weeks ago mentions that fighting was already programmed in '94, with features like pulling s jersey over the head!  They scrapped it for the NHL.  The code must exist somewhere in Lesser's old computer files! Lol

I am going to post more on this later, but the DOS Version NHL Hockey (94) fighting exist in CPU vs CPU games.

Marty McSorley and other known fighters often have an odd number of penalty minutes.  That only happens if they are taking 5 minute majors!

the jerseys over the head thing was in 95... 

as everyone is aware of, fighting in 94 was disabled and the fighting animations were replaced with the new checking animations because in order to have the NHL licensing they told them to take out the fighting

thats where Gary Bettman's ruining the game all started...

just looked at NHL Hockey and NHL Hockey 95 with hex editor and i see no fighting in the penalties...

has anyone looked at 95 in a hex editor? looks interesting...

i know ive tried to look at the files and there is editors to view the images in the game

Edited by 77
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Mike took the video down for purchase a while ago. So it sounds like, unless you already bought, you cant view it. I believe he will release it on youtube at some point. (I've been trying to see if he'll do that now since people want content to watch).

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 9:34 PM, halifax said:

Mike took the video down for purchase a while ago. So it sounds like, unless you already bought, you cant view it. I believe he will release it on youtube at some point. (I've been trying to see if he'll do that now since people want content to watch).

Hopefully he posts it to YouTube as I'd love to see this.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, @kingraph, for the update.  Oddly, I sent @McMikey a DM via Twitter last week on the same issue (rather speculatively and not expecting a response, to be fair!). 

I will keep an eye on this thread and see how things unfold (and hopefully, he will be able to find a way to monetise it on YouTube given all the hard work that was put into the documentary).

• 2 years later...