NHL'94 Forums

February 23rd 2019 Edge of 94 WI Presents, Barry Melrose Place(Tecmo Super Bowl February 22nd)

15 hours ago, kingraph said:

SNES just got a whole lot tougher!

We will see!  They typically play with line changes on.  They self rate themselves a 5-6.  Although, they play about 50 games a year each with each other minimum.  It will be nice to have some more talent for this part of the tournament.

Quick recap, much longer to follow.

Gens : 1st place@kingraph

2nd place @angryjay93

3rd place @MikeGartner22

SNES : 1st place @angryjay93

2nd place @kingraph

3rd place : Ben M(part of the new SNES crew from Chicago)

Edited by Edge of 94' WI
  • Like 1

Total Player Count : 30

Total funds collected : $1035(rounded up)

Total funds to payout : $776(75% of collected funds for active players)

Genesis tournament $388 approx split 60/30/10 split $233/$116/$40

SNES tournament $388 approx split 60/30/10 $233/$116/$40

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Edge of 94' WI said:

SNES tournament $388 approx split 60/30/10 $233/$116/$40

It's nice to know that the shot that hit the post in OT in game 02 of the SNES finals ended up costing me $117 :lol:

But seriously, another great, well-run tournament put on by Troy.  I don't even know how many setups you had, but there was never a wait for a game.  Great venue, close affordable hotels, food options, pizza, $2 endless soda, two live streams, commentary, raffles, big display, etc. 

Looking forward to seeing the results data if you share it.  The tier system, I think, lent itself to a concentration of matchups and specific team focus.  

Also a special shout out to @angryjay93, so much I have already said about him in the past, but it's really something special to be able play him in the finals multiple times now.  And we got to do commentary for a Troy/EA series that ended up being a ton of fun for me.  Would love to do that more in the future!

Cheers to all!

• Like 3

congrats raph and aj! .....it's too bad gens  final wasn't competitve but Wendell young  is a beast!   ....good job on commentary Trojan better than most NHL live casts lol

Edited by kgman
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, kingraph said:

It's nice to know that the shot that hit the post in OT in game 02 of the SNES finals ended up costing me $117 :lol:

But seriously, another great, well-run tournament put on by Troy.  I don't even know how many setups you had, but there was never a wait for a game.  Great venue, close affordable hotels, food options, pizza, $2 endless soda, two live streams, commentary, raffles, big display, etc. 

Looking forward to seeing the results data if you share it.  The tier system, I think, lent itself to a concentration of matchups and specific team focus.  

Also a special shout out to @angryjay93, so much I have already said about him in the past, but it's really something special to be able play him in the finals multiple times now.  And we got to do commentary for a Troy/EA series that ended up being a ton of fun for me.  Would love to do that more in the future!

Cheers to all!

I know we had at least 12 of both SNES and Gens, probably more on Gens setup.  We had 16 setups for Tecmo Super Bowl the night before, but some of those TVs were using RF for the extra NES setups.

You were excellent with AJ, who I've heard a number of times do tremendous play by play as well as color.  If you guys would stop winning everything we could have you commentate more!  Great job on that EA game vs me.  I didn't realize he didn't know the whole deke game, and I should have defended one timers more.  He deserved the win.  Just imagine if he put any real time into that, how quickly he'd adapt.

I'm looking forward to the data, which will submitted Nick has time to organize it in a way easier to read for the likes of @smozoma who will, no doubt want to use it to modify world rankings.

10 hours ago, kgman said:

congrats raph and aj! .....it's too bad gens  final wasn't competitve but Wendell young  is a beast!   ....good job on commentary Trojan better than most NHL live casts lol

Much thanks, still learning the hockey flow for commentary, would love to take an entire tournament doing just that, with a rotating chair for color guys at a big tournament some day.  I was consuming some of the broadcast recaps yesterday and discovered my son Lil Trojan wasn't doing a terrible job on the mic in the color role(He's 11).  Who were you on Twitch?  Also, would be nice to have the top two spots in doubt for Gens next time around.  You should come.

I'll say this, SNES is not a forgone conclusion that these two juggernauts(AJ and Raph) are a gimme to make the finals.

More updates and such to come from me, just have to let the dust settle and get back to the real world.  I'll post as I'm able and get a more formal recap out there when I can.

• Like 2

Great tourney Trojan.   I caught some of it here & there while stuck at work via twitch.  Definitely had a real smooth flow/feel to it all while i was watching and reading some comments on Discord.  Raph picking up on EA's flaw was a cool thing, like listening to Romo breakdown the Pats vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

Your kid wasn't afraid of the mic for sure!  Grade it with the curve for being 11, and he was an A+.  However, your commentary didn't need a curve.  Solid A+.   Thanks for streaming it all.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

:exciting:Good job to all!

Sad that I missed this.

Thanks bud, hopefully it works out next year for you.  Can't deny that New York draw, and Reno to NYC flights are dirt cheap.

43 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Great tourney Trojan.   I caught some of it here & there while stuck at work via twitch.  Definitely had a real smooth flow/feel to it all while i was watching and reading some comments on Discord.  Raph picking up on EA's flaw was a cool thing, like listening to Romo breakdown the Pats vs Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

Your kid wasn't afraid of the mic for sure!  Grade it with the curve for being 11, and he was an A+.  However, your commentary didn't need a curve.  Solid A+.   Thanks for streaming it all.

Thanks so much bud.  I didn't even realize he was actually providing decent comments.  He must be paying attention to real hockey broadcasts.  I'm a proud papa!  Maybe we can find a weekend that lets you make the journey next time.

I promise should I have the opportunity to do commentary again next time that I'll speak LOUDER.  I realize after re-watch that being louder is more preferable than not.  That was a sweet setup that Trojan had.  The mics only pick up the voice, not much past that and if you scream it's not distorted.  Also, having headphones on let's you hear yourself.  All new to me!  AJ is tremendous on the play by play, he has a quick mind and is able to make commentary flow nicely.  What a blast that was for me.

Just piling on here that Trojan is also flat out amazing on the mic.  It's not only the pipes , but since immersing himself in the community for a few years now, it's impressive to hear his analysis of the game on top of play by play.  I heard Green Magik ask about Dallas and Trojan responded about the speed and lack of shot accuracy.  He also calls out certain moves and plays that led to a goal or clutch defense that would otherwise be missed by the casual observer.  Worth an additional shout out!

Finally, special thanks to Mort!  The Tecmo legend really held his own doing commentary on the Retro Sports Gamer channel!  I only caught a bit (MikeG vs AJ), but he kept up the energy level even after many hours.  Cool to see someone like that really getting into the '94 gaming scene.  I am inspired to sharpen my own Tecmo game after that too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I promise should I have the opportunity to do commentary again next time that I'll speak LOUDER.  I realize after re-watch that being louder is more preferable than not.  That was a sweet setup that Trojan had.  The mics only pick up the voice, not much past that and if you scream it's not distorted.  Also, having headphones on let's you hear yourself.  All new to me!  AJ is tremendous on the play by play, he has a quick mind and is able to make commentary flow nicely.  What a blast that was for me.

Just piling on here that Trojan is also flat out amazing on the mic.  It's not only the pipes , but since immersing himself in the community for a few years now, it's impressive to hear his analysis of the game on top of play by play.  I heard Green Magik ask about Dallas and Trojan responded about the speed and lack of shot accuracy.  He also calls out certain moves and plays that led to a goal or clutch defense that would otherwise be missed by the casual observer.  Worth an additional shout out!

Finally, special thanks to Mort!  The Tecmo legend really held his own doing commentary on the Retro Sports Gamer channel!  I only caught a bit (MikeG vs AJ), but he kept up the energy level even after many hours.  Cool to see someone like that really getting into the '94 gaming scene.  I am inspired to sharpen my own Tecmo game after that too.

This community makes me wish we all lived in the same city, and could convene monthly or something.  I'm extremely jealous(in a good way) of what is going down in Chicago with the RSG guys, and the SNES group.  I hope that they somehow merge and start cross training one another.

Man oh man am I still spent after that trip! Regardless, I still want to chime in and send out a bunch of thank yous to the people that help made it happen.

I think Troy did an excellent job this year after doing some experimentation last year with running two tournaments in a single day. Things were seamless and flowed without a hitch. We even got done at a fairly reasonable hour which allowed us to maintain a high level of play throughout. I played nearly 30 games in 10 hours but it was hard to notice because again, the flow was perfect and I think Troy has a winning formula here for future events.

Also, did I mention the dude picked me up from the airport while the tournament was going on? The guy is everywhere and does it all. He sets up the systems and stream, commentates, makes sure were fed, has tons of door prizes, runs a fair tournament, plays games, and picks dudes up from the airport even though they are over an hour late. I can not thank you enough Troy for making this all happen.

As for the tournament, Raph played great in the Genesis finals. Not much I can do on offense and that is a very rare feeling for me to experience, a well deserved victory that has me going back to the drawing board. On the SNES side the Chicago crew that came up certainly made the event more lively and competitive overall. We had a lot more depth in part due to them as well as the RSG crew (also from Chicago) improving their overall ability in the game. From top to bottom the entire thing was competitive and it took some good bounces for me to overcome Raph in the finals as he looked poised to sweep the Edge of '94 yet again.

I enjoyed doing what little commentary I was able to do throughout the day, it was weird being in more of a play by play role as I'm used to just providing some color alongside Troy. My main goal was just to make sure I incorporated my partner Raph and he did a great job on the mic spitting all sorts of 94 knowledge. I'm happy to hear that our performance and that incredible series between Troy & EA was received so positively. 

As usual, it was great to see everyone in person again while meeting new folks as well.  I think that SNES crew from Chicago is poised to take the next step and will be very scary at the next tourney. I also think the RSG crew has made appreciable gains in Gens and will be a bigger factor at the next iteration of this event. Meanwhile players such as Mike Gartner, The Shield, and EA continue to be serious players and I think next year will be even tougher on both sides.

Just want to send a special shout out and thank you to EA. He really took care of me on this trip as I was dragging some serious ass due to lack of sleep, headaches, and last minute travel plans. He made sure I had a place to sleep in the hotel, carted  me around GB and also drove me back to Chicago through a storm that made the roads pretty dicey. He made sure I was well taken care of and that (along with Troy's efforts) made me whole journey possible. I cant thank you two enough and I appreciate everything that this community is. 

Lastly, we missed you Coach, hope to see you in GB next year and I'm doing my best to get to NYC in April. I will be in touch with you.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, angryjay93 said:

Man oh man am I still spent after that trip! Regardless, I still want to chime in and send out a bunch of thank yous to the people that help made it happen.

I think Troy did an excellent job this year after doing some experimentation last year with running two tournaments in a single day. Things were seamless and flowed without a hitch. We even got done at a fairly reasonable hour which allowed us to maintain a high level of play throughout. I played nearly 30 games in 10 hours but it was hard to notice because again, the flow was perfect and I think Troy has a winning formula here for future events.

Also, did I mention the dude picked me up from the airport while the tournament was going on? The guy is everywhere and does it all. He sets up the systems and stream, commentates, makes sure were fed, has tons of door prizes, runs a fair tournament, plays games, and picks dudes up from the airport even though they are over an hour late. I can not thank you enough Troy for making this all happen.

As for the tournament, Raph played great in the Genesis finals. Not much I can do on offense and that is a very rare feeling for me to experience, a well deserved victory that has me going back to the drawing board. On the SNES side the Chicago crew that came up certainly made the event more lively and competitive overall. We had a lot more depth in part due to them as well as the RSG crew (also from Chicago) improving their overall ability in the game. From top to bottom the entire thing was competitive and it took some good bounces for me to overcome Raph in the finals as he looked poised to sweep the Edge of '94 yet again.

I enjoyed doing what little commentary I was able to do throughout the day, it was weird being in more of a play by play role as I'm used to just providing some color alongside Troy. My main goal was just to make sure I incorporated my partner Raph and he did a great job on the mic spitting all sorts of 94 knowledge. I'm happy to hear that our performance and that incredible series between Troy & EA was received so positively. 

As usual, it was great to see everyone in person again while meeting new folks as well.  I think that SNES crew from Chicago is poised to take the next step and will be very scary at the next tourney. I also think the RSG crew has made appreciable gains in Gens and will be a bigger factor at the next iteration of this event. Meanwhile players such as Mike Gartner, The Shield, and EA continue to be serious players and I think next year will be even tougher on both sides.

Just want to send a special shout out and thank you to EA. He really took care of me on this trip as I was dragging some serious ass due to lack of sleep, headaches, and last minute travel plans. He made sure I had a place to sleep in the hotel, carted  me around GB and also drove me back to Chicago through a storm that made the roads pretty dicey. He made sure I was well taken care of and that (along with Troy's efforts) made me whole journey possible. I cant thank you two enough and I appreciate everything that this community is. 

Lastly, we missed you Coach, hope to see you in GB next year and I'm doing my best to get to NYC in April. I will be in touch with you.

These are extremely kind words.  We learned a lot from last year.  I'm going to thank a bunch of people here, because the result is the product of a lot of past criticism, near nameless volunteers, and passionate people willing to give up a weekend to play a 25 year old video game.  If I screw up and fail to mention someone give me a proverbial cross check.  The order isn't particular, so don't take any of these mentions as a rank.

Since he's top of mind, @angryjay93, the first ever player of elite skill and long standing member of this community to make the journey.  He's been coming since the first tournament, won the first two, placed 2nd in Genesis last year and this, as well as took his first ever SNES championship this year.  His continual and authentic praise opened the doors to more traveling players.

While this one may sound surprising, @CoachMac is very much credited in the end result of this tournament.  To put it plainly, despite having some pretty neat things happen last year,(Arda Ocal, and Dan the organist) our first attempt at integrating SNES, coupled with some venue challenges, and some extended delays(people leaving for food) truly diminished the Genesis experience for everyone who traveled.  Coach let me have it vocally before the event last year, privately in the message system of this board, and publicly earlier in this thread.  While I was initially livid, I learned to grow a thicker skin and become better at doing this because of him, and for that I thank you Coach.

Let's be honest, without @kingraph being there, the Genesis would certainly be heavily slanted in Angryjay's favor.  These two have done tremendous battle in multiple tournaments, and every time they do special things happen.  The fact that Raph took a chance with us now means that we have a world championship feel at the top of each bracket.

Nick Wautier(The Ref) was able to help with the 1st two tournaments, and while they were much smaller in number than the last two, his unavoidable absence last year was felt.  I made it a priority to involve him.  Now I know the score reporting took some adjusting to, but once people got into the rhythm, games were being played with little waiting.  His spreadsheet(once it was working correctly haha) quickly provided the results of group play very quickly, something that took about an hour or longer last time, as everything had been tabulated manually after group play last year.  Nick was also able to provide some fill in stream commentary, and keep the logos/names most of the time.  While his 94 knowledge isn't very deep, his personality and vocal delivery are solid, and and enough to keep people engaged.

Ryan and all of the extremely talented SNES Chicago guys have changed the face of this tournament for as long as they continue coming to it.  Charlie from Chicago was able to make an immediate impact on the color commentator role, helping us buy time as the other semi final took place on the RSG stream.  Thanks to all of them for making the journey.

Speaking of RSG, Tom couldn't make it due to some family conflicts, but made sure to send most of his regular players(Mort, DPS, Green Majik, Phil, if Sean wasn't sick, he would have made it too).  Mort did a great job keeping the RSG stream going.  There are many good games on there, some with Mort's commentary, some without.   It's lower tech, less fuss, and to that point, they can literally go anywhere and stream a tournament.  We get double the coverage thanks to them, and I couldn't be more pleased with them.  Also props to Green Majik for filling in on the mic on the TGFN stream.

Although TGFN folks couldn't be there, their impact has been felt since last year.  Our audio and streaming equipment is thanks to their generous support.  They also assisted in getting some of the SNES clone equipment we purchased last year.

Michael Joyce from Player 2 Arcade Bar donated a Bill Romanowski jersey complete with signature and authentication for the Tecmo Super Bowl.   @kingraph needs to put that on and take a selfie!

Evan from Venture Wisconsin was there most of the weekend, and grabbed a ton of footage for a special they are doing on us.  I can't wait to see how it turned out.

Nelson79 who couldn't play NHL94 Saturday, did play Tecmo Friday, and was instrumental in getting me on the Game N Culture show, as well as getting a WFRV Local 5 news crew to the event.  We may be given raw footage to that as the story was never put on air unfortunately.

The Edge VR Arcade stepped up their game this year, doubling in size, and expanding our space by nearly 100%.  While we recognize the traffic in certain areas became an issue, everyone had room to find a system and play on.  Next year we will be better as far as foot traffic is concerned.   They are a great venue and we will continue to work with them as long as the tournament doesn't outgrow the space.

Koz Realty paid for our pizza on Saturday, and the guys at Titletown Financial not only paid for pizza Friday, but also brought in a bunch of players for Tecmo, so that was awesome, being that we had some late cancellations.

Tony(Darth Sevious) brought his nephew, and had a good time, even if he wasn't stellar at the game.  He has a signed Roenick card for me, so that's amazing!

Moe Man listens to my tournament ideas literally year round, and gives me his opinions on the matter.  He also defends Lord Manly's Cup from any and all intruders, ensuring its safe arrival to the tournament every year.

Charlie Bravo is the maker of Lord Manly's Cup every year.  He was one of my groomsmen at my wedding.  This guy is special with his talents, and puts a lot of hard work to help put out what I think to be the coolest trophy in all of retro sports.  I'll debate anyone on that topic.

@MikeGartner22 made the first ever jersey and did great.  I'm so glad you were able to take a chance on us.  We hope you weren't disappointed.

@LeifErikson and Darik Aho literally left a family vacation through the ice and snow to be with us for the Genesis portion.  Now that's dedication!  I'm so glad you were both there!

PunkyQB is the ultimate recruiter, and while he isn't stellar at these video games, he's done his part to bring people out to Tecmo and NHL94.  No thanks to the weather he flew solo to this one, but his efforts aren't unnoticed.

Zac from Press Start Games donated gift cards for giveaway so thanks for that!  They also sell us equipment at very good rates.

Greg from Game Trade donated to the cancer benefit for Michy, who coincidently passed away Saturday.  On that note thanks to all who gave.  We are still fielding some donations and will do a drawing for next year's tournament.  BTW some of you donated and didn't message me directly to remind me that you did.  They met their goal for the cremation and will be using the surplus to help fund a headstone for Michy.

Even though Ahman ultimately couldn't be there, he was willing, and had planned on it prior to losing his family member.  His name did attract some people, even if it didn't ultimately happen.  Maybe next year it will happen for him.

EA aka @IAmFleury'sHipCheck donated a keyboard that looks like a SNES theme.  I'll be able to use that on the stream setup in the future.  Dude is straight up amazing to hang out with, and even took a chance on Tecmo.

Also thanks to my son for enduring an entire day with us drunken idiots, and for lending his 11 year pipes on the stream.

Well, I'm running out of thoughts.  I'm sure I missed someone in there.  Maybe some more folks with chime in with their positive vibes.  It all adds up in the end.

Thanks,

Trojan

Edited by Edge of 94' WI

Working away today, while listening to some @kingraph and @angryjay93 play-by-play of the @Troy and EA matchup.

I think my emails today will contain some random and unintended '94 references!

Edited by Bob Kudelski
  • Haha 2

Well it might be the end of an era as our venue is concerned.  I've been informed that the lounge area is going to be converted into VR space, as the demand for more VR and the value associated with it exceeds the revenue they are producing in the lounge area.

• Sad 1

Ok, so the news segment wasn't fully completed, and I never got the explanation why, but they did release the footage they grabbed and put it on the Game N Culture episode yesterday.  It sort of ends abruptly, as normally you'd have a news anchor read off a few closing details on a segment like this, and that never happened.

When they send me the raw footage I may be able to do something more creative with it.  It should be about 26 minutes in(I think I linked the time stamp correctly)

On 3/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, angryjay93 said:

Things in and out of work have been extremely hectic these last couple weeks so I apologize that it's taken me so long to chime in with some input.

Going into this tourney, I thought to myself "well, @angryjay93 will be there.  Buuuuut no @kingraph, no @smozoma, no @corbettkb, no wild card @CoachMac (who beat Raph game 1 of a 3 game series in the tourney last year)... hmm... I may be able to make a run for a 2nd place finish... maybe?"  I couldn't have been more mistaken.  I find out while I'm driving to GB that while most of those guys won't be there, Raph will be making it in.  Oh boy.  Annnnd Darik (don't know Mr Aho's forum name)  and @LeifErikson will be there. So that rounded out the threats that I knew about., that didn't even include Mr @MikeGartner22 who I had never met or played until that weekend.  I completely forgot about The Shield who is solid through and through.  He actually ended up knocking me out of the tourney as well.  Regardless, for me, the live tourneys have always been a place for fun first and foremost and I was excited that there was some great competition.  My only regret is not getting to play more games.  Those weekends go by way too fast.

While I had such an incredible time and always look forward to the next tourney, this wouldn't have been possible without troy @Edge of 94' WI.  He took everything that was good (and even things he sought feedback on) from last year's tournament and made everything better across the board this year.  His passion to run a seamless and fun tournament is clearly evident in the final product.  Both the Gens and SNES formats ran seamlessly.  Big thanks to our ref who stuck it out the entire day collecting submissions to enter scores! 

Other things that I felt just made the tourney this year to name a few:

1. Plenty of CRTs for games (There were no lcds -- I understand this isn't typical given venue restrictions and accessibility but it really made a difference) 

2. Lighting was darker (no overhead fleurorescent bulbs)

3. Plenty of space

4. Food and drink offered (last year was a soft opening at the VR arcade so this was a welcome surprise this year)

4. Plenty of printouts to record results

5. Small details like the pens and coins on top of every tv already there at the start of the day

6. Huge fan of the national anthem singing (I know @Edge of 94' WI said his voice was a little strained but he boomed out both anthems in fashion)

It was great to see the Dmen's tap crew there this year again.  @DPS @mort1237 Phil @Green Majik Those guys are ramping up quickly in NHL and can't wait to see how they progress in more tourneys.  I will be at Dmen Tap again to play them soon. 

For a second year in a row @Votaw drove solo all the way there from St. Louis.  He is always up for games and he never has a mean thing to say about anything or anyone... a complete pleasure to hang out with the whole weekend. 

Really missed seeing  @smozoma  @CoachMac @corbettkb this year.  I definitely look forward to seeing you guys at these tourneys.  

@kevincabarello I'm incredibly sorry for your loss and you were one of the first guys I asked about when I got to GB.  I was devastated to hear the news.  Be strong and I hope to see you in Chicago or New York this year. 

Congrats to @kingraph & @angryjay93.  These guys are the champions for good reason.  Not only do they consistently play at another level but they are class acts all the way.  Special thanks to these 2 for calling my SNES series vs Troy!

I couldn't believe what AJ had to go through to get to the tourney on Sat.  After the bad buffet offerings that almost killed him last year and traveling around the entire US just to get to GB this year, I'm really hoping for some smooth sailing for him next year.  After my drive with AJ to get him to Ohare, I was actually just happy to get him back to the airport alive. Especially due to the snowstorm, we encountered where we saw over a dozen cars, trucks, semis in ditches with people still in the vehicles on the ride back home... and we were in a little 2 dr coupe.  I kept thinking "I'm pretty nervous... buuuut I can't be as nervous as the guy sitting next to me from Cali!" haha

I just want to wrap this up by saying Troy has quickly become a great asset to the NHL94 community.  He's a great play by play announcer, host, singer and planner... the guy does it all. I hope that he can continue to host this tournament in GB every year.  Thanks again @Edge of 94' WI for all your tireless efforts!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Thanks @IAmFleury'sHipCheck aka EA for the kind words and praise.

Some updates from the benefit to share on here.

Huge thanks to Gregg from Game Trade in DePere for his generous donation to help the family of Michelle Michy Boyd! Michy is no longer with us, but her memory lives on!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, people sitting and indoor

Also, congrats to Kevin Cabarello for winning free entry into our 2020 tournament weekend, as well as winning a one night stay in Green Bay, TBD based on where we hold the next tournament.(Sorry no more Edge VR for us it seems)  Many generous individual donors contributed, bringing our collected total over $500 for Michy's family!  Kevin, who remains in our prayers, was also recently affected by cancer, as his GF and former tournament participant Bert passed away this past week.  We wish all the best to all those affected, and our hearts are with you.

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to provide an update on the stats tracking.  A couple of spreadsheet glitches are leading us to go through each of the score sheets by hand.  These glitches had no impact on tournament day action.

This is a lengthy process that requires quite a bit of time and investigation to fill in the blanks, as there were a handful of games where people didn't turn in sheets and verbalized their results.

We know the results of this will have impact on the world rankings list that @smozoma maintains, and we want to make sure the results are accurate.

Post tournament I've been extremely busy at work and in family life, so Ref and I do ask for your patience.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We did a live premiere of our edited Genesis broadcast, clipping out the long pauses in between games.  We had a good viewership.

enjoy and feel free to share this with others.  We'll be working on the SNES broadcast next so stay tuned for that!

https://www.facebook.com/gbnhl94/videos/527204178034146/

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up, I was trying to watch a few games from the tourney I attended and the facebook videos are no longer available. Videos uploaded or recorded live seem to only be available for a set period of time before they are deleted.

Correction - the links were changed, and have now been corrected in the original post.

Edited by jer_33

18 hours ago, jer_33 said:

Just a heads up, I was trying to watch a few games from the tourney I attended and the facebook videos are no longer available. Videos uploaded or recorded live seem to only be available for a set period of time before they are deleted.

They weren't uploaded to our FB page back then because of the sponsorhip.  They were and still are on the TGFN page.