NHL'94 Forums

Coach Profiles

aqualizard

I asked several well known coaches 10 questions, with the idea of getting to know them better.  Here are their answers, in their own words, in alphabetical order. (Any that come later will be in order of posting.)

Now that several have come in, there are some interesting patterns.  Some things that keep coming up: The game is easy to learn, hard to master (or some variation).  Also, people loving the era (something special about the NHL in early to mid 1990s).  Average age is around 40, and it is not uncommon for someone to join the forum early on, but then be on hiatus many years before jumping into online play much later, for whatever reason.

In some instances, for a particular Coach, I ask a couple custom questions.  (I mean, how could I interview Icestorm without picking his brain about Pass Shots?)

Hope you enjoy what has been shared, and you can return the favor by doing the interview as well.  You never know, it could be some community members share the same city, and neither of them are aware yet?  Or maybe some of us share the same job, or have other similar interests?  Let's get to know one another. :)

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

If you answer these questions yourself -- and please do!-- you can use this as a template. Here are the original 10 questions:

1. Name, age, occupation, location, system
    answer here

2. What hobbies or other interests do you have?
    answer here

3. When did you get introduced to the game NHL'94?  How did it happen?
    answer here

4. When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates?  (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.)
    answer here

5. What are a couple things that you love about the game?
    answer here

6. Are you a gamer in general? What other games do you play?
    answer here

7. Do you follow hockey in real life? Any other sports?
    answer here

8. If you have been to a live tourney, what was it like meeting the real people behind the screen names? Any big surprises?
    answer here

9. What is behind your screen name? (Origin story, if there is one.)
    answer here

10. Favorite NHL94 player in game (and why)?
    answer here

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

AngryJay93 - GENS

1. Name, age, occupation, location?
Greg C, 33, Accountant, Sacramento, California. 

I like to cycle and play sports (basketball, soccer, baseball, etc.). i also enjoy reading and I'm starting to follow/play chess a bit more although I'm at a very novice level. I also run a youtube channel which is certainly becoming a bigger hobby.

I first played NHL 92 at a friends house when I was about 7-8 years old where we played the game in a very specific and unique way. He would always select the Red Wings (he loved Yzerman) and make us play without goalies. i don't recall ever winning very much if at all, he was a little bit older than me and I was still pretty unfamiliar with hockey at this point. Despite that and our weird rules, I still thought hockey was an incredible sport and I started watching the Sharks more on tv because of that. About a year later I got my own Sega Genesis and the first two games I bought were NBA Jam and NHL 94. That purchase cemented me as an NHL 94 player because I loved the game from the day I played it.

4. When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates?  (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.)
I started playing in '93 and I found the site in 2006. In between that time I played a lot of 94, I played it on and off for those 13 years whether it was on a console or on an emulator through my computer. I remember being in high school and I really didn't like my biology course, it was one of those courses I could just float through and still get a good grade because the teacher was floating through it herself. So instead of listening to a pointless lecture I decided I needed to create a season mode for NHL 94 to keep things interesting. Everyday I would bust out the pen and paper and instead of taking notes, I created schedules for all 26 teams so that I could one day play seasons with every team. Once I completed this, I started playing my created season mode instead of playoffs like I always had. I even changed up the rules from 5 minutes, no offsides and no line changes to 10 minutes with offsides and line changes, I wanted more of a simulation experience with 94. I started with the Sharks naturally enough and kept track of a lot of things aside from the final score. I kept track of goalies, three stars, PP, PK, and points. In the end I think I finished 6-7 of the seasons and had partial progress through a few others. I still have all the papers somewhere but I haven't played under that format very much since finding the site in 2006. When I found the site it was on a whim of a google search at a friends house. I couldn't believe it was a thing and then I couldn't believe other people were still playing not just on their own but in online leagues. So the first thing I did when I got home was I confirmed if people were actually playing online still or if it was a thing of the past. Once I figured out I could sign up for a league, I went about getting all the stuff needed to play online and jumped into matches immediately. In those prior 13 years I never really found anyone willing to play much '94 with me, so the idea of playing with someone made it feel like the game was being re-released for me.

I just love the way the game feels and the depth of it. In terms of hockey games, this is the most natural feeling to hockey or sports in general. The physics system just feels right, even when it comes to the goofy things like float shots or backhand slappers, it still feels right. It almost doesn't even feel like a video game, it feels like hockey when I played it on the ice. But more than anything the depth of the game brings me back. It's just like poker in that it takes a few minutes to learn but a lifetime master. There are 26 teams and each team has 25 matchups, that means within the game there are 650 different variations to be familiar with, then when you account for substitutes, injuries, penalties, and different play styles, the actual variations starts to be much greater than that original 650 number. The fact that every team manages to feel substantially different only enhances this depth and it will keep me coming back for as long as I play video games.

So yes, I am indeed a gamer in general. I've owned a system during every console generation since Sega Genesis. I mostly played a lot of sports games with some fighting/beat em up games and platform games sprinkled in. I slowly started branching out to RPG's, adventure games, puzzle games and everything else. These days, now that I'm getting older I'm trying to maintain my finger dexterity so that when I pick up a competitive game like 94, I still feel quick. At 33, I'm well past being in my video game prime so just trying to hang onto what I have is imperative. I've been playing games that are a bit more input intensive lately like Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Yakuza, Street Fighter and I just bought Red Dead Redemption 2. I feel like these games do more to maintain the dexterity than a sports game these days. In the future I'm going to look into more games like this but I think i need to expand my puzzle game background more so than anything else. Working out complex problems and keeping the brain fresh will help me attack problems in NHL 94 when I come across a situation I need to figure out quickly.

I do indeed follow hockey closely as I'm a big San Jose Sharks fan but I don't follow quite as closely when I was younger. It's noticeable these days when I play fantasy hockey because I'm generally getting my ass kicked in my league. I'm also a huge baseball fan, a San Francisco Giants fan in particular. Baseball is one of those sports where I could just go to the ballpark every day and be very happy being. There is nothing like being outside and playing a game 6 months a year. I may not follow other sports as closely but I have a pretty good working knowledge of several sports like football, basketball, soccer, tennis, etc. I'm generally the guy people go to for rules or just general knowledge of how things work in the sport. Both of my parents were into sports so me just being interested in them came naturally. 

8. If you have been to a live tourney, what was it like meeting the real people behind the screen names? Any big surprises?
I've been to a bunch of tourneys in Canada and the U.S. as well as playing Depch live over in Finland. I think the only time I have been surprised was when I met Kgman in Toronto. In Toronto I was walking in on a luncheon with some faces I already knew but there was this unknown face that immediately started talking crap to me. I was completely caught off guard as I had no idea who this man was but KGman couldn't help but have a huge grin and introduce himself after the initial trash talk. It didn't take long for us to get along and we actually spent a decent amount of time around each other in Toronto.   He's an absolute character but he is a good dude without a doubt and it's been disappointing he hasn't been able to make any other tournaments because he is perfect for the community, especially on the GENS side. The GENS side has a lot of reserved personalities, including myself especially but KGman can bring people out of their shell with just a few words. We need more KGman to keep up with the more colorful and vibrant personalities of the SNES scene.

My screen name is angryjay93 and there is a rather uninteresting story attached to it. In high school I had a friend who was a bass player and was looking to get involved with some people to start a band. He ended up getting some guys together and they got good enough to the point where they needed to have an e-mail for any possible gigs that might arise. They decided on the name angryjay as their band name and somehow I ended up creating their e-mail address for them but only a few days later they decided they weren't going to stick together as a band. So here I was left with an unused e-mail address that I decided to just make my own. It was my attempt at remaining completely anonymous on the internet but I couldn't help but add the 93 because my favorite player was Doug Gilmour and that was the number I wore on my soccer jersey.

I've been playing 25 years, no way I only have one favorite player! My favorite player is Steve Yzerman and that's because I find him to be a very well balanced but game breaking player. I never get to use Detroit much so i don't think people associate me with Yzerman at all. It's probably fair to say people associate me with Tomas Sandstrom and he's my second favorite player in the game. Sandstrom is just the most opportunistic goal scorer in the game and I feel like my play style is at it's most frustrating to go against when I have a guy like that I can feed. He can put the game out of the reach within a couple minutes because he's a cold blooded sniper, the type of sniper a playmaker like me needs. I don't consider myself a natural goal scorer in 94 so when I get a guy like Sandstrom going, it just plays right into my style of creating opportunities for one of my players to cash in time and time again.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

Annatar - SNES

Oliver, just turned 34, live and work in Montreal.

Other than '94 I'm into hiking and I love a good fantasy book.

I started with NHL Hockey for the PC when it first came out. I originally played with the mouse!

Some years after I took a '94 sabbatical and only got back into it when I started emulating maybe 15 years ago. I've never actually owned a SNES. Signed up for the site around 2013 but I knew about it before then.

I love how it's simple but there are still so many distinct play styles. It's also a very satisfying game: the weight of the players, the skating, everything feels right in a tactile way.

I don't call myself a gamer but I've always been a Nintendo fanboy. Mario Kart 8 is my go-to online fun on the Switch.

Big time Habs fan, although I probably follow the sport less than I did a decade ago. I keep tabs on soccer and golf too.

Been to a few tourneys and I've had only positive experiences meeting buds from the site. Only negative is not everyone was able to be there!

Annatar is a nerdy Lord of the Rings reference that I thought was poetic at the time.

If I'm forced to pick one it's Scott Stevens. I love guys who can hit and also push the play forward.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

Brutus - GENS

Doug T, 46, Finance, Chicago, Illinois.

Basketball & Video Games

When it came out.  My older brother & I always bought any sporting games to compete vs each other since even back in the Atari days.

Nhl94.com came when a friend at work & I were talking old video games around Christmas of 2012, and the debate came up to who would win between us.  I went online looking to buy a Sega & Nhl94 to play, ended up getting just SHOCKED at the pricing for these "retro" units, but during my search, found out about nhl94.com && emulators.  We ended up playing online together and I used the online editors to make us some custom drafts.  He got frustrated with desynchs because he couldn't wire up to the modem (located in the bedroom next the wife!), so I tried to get other friends & both of my brothers to play me, but to no avail.  After giving up on finding local people I knew to play this "emulator version of nhl94", I went online to find people to play, because I was stunned to find out HOW MUCH I still loved NHL94, even over the modern hockey games.  This was about Jan 2013.

I love how quickly you can finish a game, in under 10 minutes.  I love how fast the game plays without being a sensory overload.  I love how crushing a great check feels in this game, and I love how you can play the game for fun style or at a higher strategic level if you want.

I've been a gamer since I was 6 yrs old and still play all the time.  I usually play one game plus NHL94.  I currently play Madden 19 online.  I enjoy a great multiplayer DND style game when one comes out though, similar to Diablo or Skyrim. 

I follow hockey, but I'm not at the level of the Canadians or even some of our east coast buds.  I follow baseball, basketball & football much more intently and keep track of what's going on for boxing/UFC on a casual level.

I went to Toro
nto.  Raph was MUCH bigger than I expected.  The online joke always was I was going to have to be his body guard with all the guy's trying to take him out in the tourney, and we get there and he's 6'2 (I'm only 6'1).  I think with his whole "PC style", constant ambassador style talk/behavior, we all were expecting him to be this little guy.  Seth was easily the biggest surprise for me, as he was a skinny, New York short jewish guy and he talks/plays like this grimy Jersey thug!  I think about 80% of the people I met live were nothing like I imagined them. 

I've posted about it before, but my ex-wife had some horrible names set for our first born son, and wasn't budging on the name negotiations.  In an argument one day, I tried to go ridiculous to bring her to the table.  I countered with I wanted to name my son Ghenghis Khan, to which she let out a laugh and I could tell she didn't take this threat very serious.  She said that sounds like a venereal disease.  I quickly came up with a new counter, Brutus Khan, and even as I was saying it, I FELL IN LOVE with the sound!  She could instantly see how deadly serious my "joke" had become, to the point even up to the moment I signed his name on the birth certificate as Alexander Jordan, both her & her mother were TERRIFIED, and they were happy with any name NOT Brutus Khan.  After that, it became my online profile, replacing Apollo Greed (a play on Apollo Creed from Rocky).

Ray Bourque.  He crushes, he kills, he anniliates and he blasts blue line slappers through goalies 5 holes driving my opponents insane!  Prior to NHL94Online, I would have answered Brett Hull, because his howitzer ruled the land for me but once I started playing online, I gave up on Bob Bassen & my Blues for leagues with drafts and somehow, Ray Ray always finds his way on my team!

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

c4outlaws - SNES

Randy C, 42, Minnesota

No Answer

Some friends and I played nhl93 on SNES. We liked it so when '94 came out we loved it. We played it for countless hours.

I found out about nhl94.com from a friend sometime around 2009-10. I never really played nhl94 much since about 1995. So it was great to get back into the game.

My favorite thing about the game was the addition of the 1-timer. But the overall feel of the game was also great.

I was once a big gamer in the mid to late 90's. Then I got married. But marriage wasn't the big deal. It's was my kids that made the difference. They were more important than video games 

I occasionally watch hockey, especially when the Wild play. I am more of a college hockey fan. Right at this moment, my St Cloud St Huskies are rank #1 in the country!

I haven't been to a live tourney yet. I am possibly going to get to the Green Bay tourney.

My screen names comes from my amateur baseball days. I played 8 years. "c" is my last name initial. "4" was my jersey number. Plus "c-4" is explosive, lol. "Outlaws" was my baseball team. Hence...."c4outlaws"

Favorite '94 player? That would be Owen Nolan. Most of the veteran coaches on nhl94.com know this. He was also my real life favorite player.  
answer

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

CoachMac - GENS

Bill, Teacher and Coach in NORTHERN Nevada

I am a huge Backcountry Skier.  It is my number one favorite activity.  I go almost daily all winter.  I usually get over 100 days a year.  Mostly just with my dogs, but wife and kids do join me for maybe 10 of those days.  On a typical day I will climb 2500 vertical feet and make one sweet untracked run back to the house.  I also usually get at least 1 helicopter ski trip in a year.

In the Summer I run/hike most of those same backcountry areas where I ski.

My daughters are both endurance Horseback riders so we spend a great deal of time as a family out in the Wild Country of the west Camping and supporting them as they ride 50, 75, and 100 mile races across, Nevada, Utah, and Idaho.

I bought 94 in the Fall of 1993.  I was hugely disappointed in the fact that fighting was removed.  I went back to playing 92 and 93 and really never touched 94 until the King of 94 in 2015.  When I joined the site (2011) it was to play and run 92 and 93 Leagues and to learn how to edit 93 into original 6 roms.

2011 as stated above was when I found the site.  We had been having local Tecmo, Rbi, Jams, and 92 and 93 tourneys nonstop since the early 90's.

I love the Organ Music, the logos, the Era (1986-1994).  It is second best era of hockey besides the Original 6.  1994 was also the end of that era as the 95 strike, Gary Bettman, and the neutral zone trap ruined hockey forever.  Also the instigator penalty and the gradual elimination of fighting.

I hate Video games and technology.  I know LOL, but I only play sports games from 90's and only after I have completely exhausted myself doing something physical.  I like Board games, Cards (not poker), and Cribbage.
I LOVE Table Hockey.

I somewhat follow hockey, but todays game is far less interesting to me.
(Lack of fighting, Helmets, Concussion protocol, Stanley Cup finals in July)
I have lost all interest in the NFL because of turf, domes, and the anthem thing was end for me.
I somewhat follow College Football.
I somewhat follow baseball.  World Series is my current favorite event.

I've been to all 3 King of 94's.
The fact that most of the guys were seemed more like Hockey guys and did not seem like video game nerds was really cool and actually really surprised me.

Almost no one I know calls me anything but Coach or CoachMac.  Most people don't know who William, Will, Bill, or Billy is.  When I joined this site it was really the first and only thing like this I've done, so I just went with what people know me as.

If you mean in the Video game.
Patrick Roy, because I hate Ed Belfour and can not use Manual Goalie.

If you mean in real hockey,
Bob Probert and Marty McSorley, I think you know why...

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

Halifax - SNES

Darrell,41, I help franchise business owners get money  to get started. 

Running nhl’94 tournaments and thats all I have to say about that. 

I had nhl93 for snes. And I told my buddies. “ If 94 gets manual goalie and one timers, you’re all dead.” And I was right for 10 years. Until I played online. Then I was not right. 

2006. First game was against Schwartz. I didn’t have a controller, had no idea how to use a keyboard. So I just sucked. Schwartz goes up 3-0 in the first minute. Then lays off the gas once he realized it was non competitive. I didn’t play again until I got the snes adapter. I love Schwartz by the way. 

I love losing to aj. And Kingraph. And annatar and bobk and jammer and Kevin and Schwartz and gorecki and 90jacket and....     

I love retro sports games and I like new games. I’m still trying to make it to South Korea so I can win league of legends. I’m undefeated. 

Well, I play Air hockey, Ball hockey, Barn Hockey, Bubble Hockey, Field hockey,
Floor hockey, Ice hockey, Kitchen hockey, Road hockey,Roller hockey, Table hockey, Twist hockey
And I play hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,
hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey,hockey all the time!

They are who I Thought they were. And I let em off the hook. 

smozoma was already taken so I just picked Halifax 

Peter sidorkewicz. Just cause he’s my favourite. 

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 2

jer_33 - GENS

Jeremy, 46, Investment Firm Manager, Thunder Bay (ON, Canada)

Play hockey, sim hockey, table hockey. I also play guitar, ride a motorbike, and tinker with electronics.

I was in college when NHL94 was released. I'd played hockey on PC previously, but played Sega with buds on the weekends. We often played as team-mates, something you don't see online (except with 2v2). Bought my first Sega Genesis in 2017.

I don't really recall when I found NHL94.com, I know I signe
d up with the intention of playing in Classic one year - but didn't get past the set-up point. It wasn't until a couple years later that I revisited and really got involved in leagues. I played the NHL series on PC right up until they started making it for console only. But always remembered the simplicity of the 2 button play, and the top-down viewpoint of NHL94 and would always adjust the settings to mimic it.

I love how the drama of sports is the same whether it's real or virtual. I like how you can get attached to the virtual players on
 your teams, just like you might on a real hockey team.

I am a gamer, whether it's PC, Xbox, tabletop, cards, dice. I like strategic thinking.

I follow the NHL all year (GO LEAFS GO!), and will gain interest in other sports during their play-offs.

I've been to Ko94 in Toronto (2015), and EdgeofWI in Green Bay (2018). Both experiences were enjoyable, and I have only good things to say about the "real people". The big surprise, was the welcoming of everyone. If games are being played in rooms/suites pre or post tournament, everyone is invited. There are no big egos that I've seen, big personalities but humble guys.

33 is the number I've worn whenever I've had a choice. It was the number of my uncle's racecar growing up.

My favourite player in the game is Mogs. Both because he's a great player in the game, and I got to cheer for him as a Maple Leaf.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

kingraph - GENS

Raph, 39, New Jersey.

All things '94, Bowling, and tons of other stuff, just don't have any time. 

I bought NHL'94 when it came out, I first had '93 when I was a young teenager.  I loved all sports and RPG games.

I did not know about NHL94.com until around 2010.  I randomly found '94 and created an account to post about a bug where your pass doesn't count as complete when you do a one-timer.  It drove me nuts as I love stats.  Shortly thereafter I received Halifax's spam e-mail about Spring Classic, and my life was ruined from there on.  

Simple to learn, difficult to master

In general, yes, I love video games and would play them 24/7/365 since I have an addictive/obsessive personality.  I played the hell out of Commodore 64 games, NES and Sega Genesis.  Knowing this, I never bought another console after Genesis because I knew it would ruin me during college and adulthood.  My son got an Xbox, so now I am casually playing again.  Rocket League has gotten my interest as a game to play because it's simple to learn, (extremely) difficult to master.      

Hockey was #1 for me growing up, along with the NBA and other major sports.  Over the years my interest waned.  I now love NFL football the most, and casually follow other sports, mainly due to time.  I watch as much playoff hockey as I can though.

Toronto is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.  Meeting so many real people behind the screen names was surreal to say the least.  The only "surprise" is how impactful these experiences have been.  Anytime I am playing, or even chatting, with someone online that I have met in real life, the experience is completely different.  It's much more personable, and awesome.    

When I first got my AOL account setup, they asked for a screenname.  "Raph" was taken, so I went with kingraph.  I thought about it for about 10 seconds.  Over a decade later, '94 was using AOL IM as the primary way of contacting each other, so I reset my account and was surprised it worked!  I also didn't realize I'd be playing and consuming '94 as much as I did!

My original favorite was Russ Courtnall.  I loved his speed and the fact that he was not an elite player.  Dallas was great to play with, much for the same reasons.  Since then, I have come to love fat defensemen.  Scott Stevens is probably my favorite now.  

Edited by aqualizard
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I am looking for more Coach profiles!  The better we know one another, the stronger the community. 

Please PM me yours, or just post your answers right here in this thread. :)

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 2

This one just came in and is hot off the presses!

Chaos - GENS

John G, 37, Field Service Engineer (Electron Microscopes), New Jersey

Video games, console mods, tinkering with electronics, football, hockey. I play G on a roller hockey team. I have a ton of old video game consoles in my garage.

When it was released, I was in 6th grade. I didn't start playing it until around 8th grade and on. My friends and I used to go out and play roller hockey in the cul-de-sac at the end of our street all the time. Then we'd go inside and play 94. Depending on who's house we went to, we'd either play it on SNES or Genesis.

This is a good question. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it. I think I was just looking stuff up about the game (maybe looking for the ROM). It was in mid 2007. I joined the Fall 2007 SNES classic league (and went 20-20 with Calgary ;) ). I remember Halifax playing a test game with me. I had stopped playing the game religiously around 2000. Played it occasionally between 2000 and 2007.

Well, since I play both, they are both special in their own way. The SNES version just feels like an arcade version of the game. If you were to go to an arcade, and they had 94 there, SNES would be the game. It's very random, weight doesn't matter as much like in the Genesis version, and I feel it is the easiest to learn and play (though both games are, SNES is easier to learn to me). The ratings are accurate, so you don't usually need to go deep in to a roster to pick a good lineup. Goalie Control sucks, I always refer to it as playing Arkanoid or just moving a brick around.

Genesis on the other hand has more of a technical aspect to it. Because of that, there is more of a thought process in choosing the right team, the right players, and the right matchup. This makes it fun in it's own way. It's still easy to pick up and play, but if you want to get good, you have to know a lot more about the workings of the game (Weight bug, etc). There's also many more ways to score than in SNES. A lot less shots hitting the posts too.

Yes, not as much as I used to be the past few years. I like RPGs mainly, real-time strategy games. I stick mostly to retro consoles.

Yes. I am a big Calgary Flames fan. Started following them in the 90s because of NHL94. They were my favorite team to play as. I also love football (Miami Dolphins).

It was really cool. I felt like we were all friends already. A lot of a person's personality is displayed by how they act/post on the forums, so when you meet them in person, you already know who they are. It was just like meeting up with old friends.

Yeah. I think at the time when I joined I was playing Xenosaga, and there's a character names chaos who is pretty badass. Lame story.

I think anyone who knows me knows the answer to this. Mats Sundin. Hands down most underrated player in the game. His clutchness for me ranks at a 99. There are times I try not to draft him and he still falls into my lap.

Bonus 11. Are you only guy who maintains nhl94online.com?
Yeah I'm the only guy, since 2009.

Bonus 12. Who actually designed that site, and when did it happen?
So, long story. I believe it was Evan (site creator) and his friend Jacob, back in 2005 (Evan would have more info about this). Jacob ran the 94online site and updated the database, website, etc. The problem with the old setup was it was only set up for Classic, and changes had to be made manually between seasons. So 2008 rolled around, and Evan had asked on the boards if anyone would be willing to make the site more dynamic so that it could host multiple leagues. I had some self-taught experience in PHP and MySQL (which was what the database and website was coded with) so I offered my help.

When I started, I knew zero about HTML, CSS, and JS (there is actually very little JS used on the site). Had to learn it on the fly, mostly using the internet and some books as resources.

I built the database from scratch, then I ended up having to rewrite almost all the PHP and webpage code for the site. So starting in 2009, the site was capable of hosting multiple leagues at once, and any type of league (not just Classic). In the beginning, from 2005 (I'm guessing) - 2013, game logging was done by the home team entering the final score, and the away team confirming it (this was deemed the fair way to upload). So the only game data we had were final scores, GF, GA, etc from that data. In 2013, I added save state functionality, and the site is how it is today, with some minor tweaks along the way.

Unfortunately, all the code now is old! It needs to be re-written (especially the webpages which are showing their age). I'm working on this slowly but surely. The site will have a new design.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Here are the original 10 questions:

Name, age, occupation, location, system

Troy, 39, Purchasing/IT Director, Green Bay, WI, Love both Gens/SNES

What hobbies or other interests do you have?

I run the Edge of 94 WI annual NHL94 tournament in Green Bay, as well as Tecmo Super Bowl tournaments.  I also commentate for my own tournaments, as well as other tournaments across the country(mainly Tecmo Super Bowl).  My background is in music, so if you spend enough time with me, you will be subjected to my voice.

When did you get introduced to the game NHL'94?  How did it happen?

NHL Hockey on DOS is what I cut my teeth on.  I missed out on the Genesis and SNES versions as I thought the digitized voices and music on VGA couldn't be beat.  I revisited the conversation years later as emulators started becoming a thing.  I eventually bought a Genesis and a copy of the game and was immediately hooked.  Only in the last couple of years have I given the SNES version a look.  It took awhile to adjust to it, but I'm very much a fan of it.

When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates?  (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.)

I've been running video game events since 2001, and retro events since 2015(mainly Tecmo Super Bowl).  At the request of some of my attendees, I decided to investigate what would be involved in running an NHL94 tournament.  I initially stumbled upon a video by Chris Alaimo, better known as Classic Gaming Quarterly.  His history of NHL94 video brought me to this page.  It's a good watch if you haven't seen it.  

Afterwards, I discovered the existence of King of 94, connected with Halifax and Mikey, got their advice and started running events, and eventually found myself playing people online.

What are a couple things that you love about the game?

When played with typical tournament rules(5 min periods, no line changes, penalties on no offsides) the game because the ultimate pick up and put down game.  As a two job(somtimes 3 job)parent of 3 boys and a husband, I loved the idea of getting in game or two, with little perpetual impact to my personal or professional life.  I generally find it easy to execute what you want to from a control standpoint.  Star players feel elite in your hands as you would expect them to.

Are you a gamer in general? What other games do you play?

Gaming for better and worse has been my preferred form of entertainment over TV and movies since childhood.  I'm a big fan of Tecmo Super Bowl, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, Mortal Kombat I and II, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm and others.  Again time being at a premium, these days it's fairly limited.

Do you follow hockey in real life? Any other sports?

I introduced my oldest son(many of you met him at our last tournament) to hockey about 5 years ago.  The Chicago Blackhawks were on TV often, and they were winning Stanley Cups then.  Ed Belfour was my favorite player in NHL94, so even though I couldn't watch their games in the 90's, I had always wanted to.  I have another son who cheers for the Bruins, and we almost gave him up for adoption.  We've decided to let him stay in the house.

If you have been to a live tourney, what was it like meeting the real people behind the screen names? Any big surprises?

The Edge of 94 WI Green Bay tournaments are my only exposure so far to live tournament play.  What shocked me was the skill gap when Angryjay93 became a part of our tribe.  It really opened my eyes to what was possible in the game.  As widespread tournaments for 94 are not as common as say Tecmo Super Bowl, the fact that we used CRT screens exclusively seemed like a no brainer.  However, in speaking with other traveling players, it seems like there was a mix of display technologies used at other tournaments.  When interacting with anyone traveling to play this game, it's evident the passion and regard they hold for it.  I merely adopted the love of this game, but it feels as if many were born with it.

What is behind your screen name? (Origin story, if there is one.)

Trojan, aka Trojan1979 or Troy GBLAN....  My real name is Troy, and the mascot where my folks attended high school was the Trojans.  It made sense.  The Trojan1979 is my Twitch channel, and Troy GBLAN stands for my first name, and GBLAN being the LAN Party/Tecmo group I run.

Favorite NHL94 player in game (and why)?

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and indoor

Cause reasons

Edited by Edge of 94' WI
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jer_33 said:

I guess I just assumed that there would be one from @aqualizard?!?

Heh! If we get a bunch more, I'll do one.  It is funny, I joined the forum in 2005 (or 2006?) but I wasn't part of the community until Kof94 I in Toronto.  That is when I jumped in and played online.  So really I still sort of feel like a new guy around here.

SEGATHON - GENS (with NHL 95 *ducks as trash is thrown my direction*)

Nick AKA the Commish, I sell mats,  Twin Cities, MN.  

Taking care of my kiddos, Curling, hunting, and poultry….Have a Pigeon FB site I put up one day when I was bored and now have like 5,000 followers.

Grade school Bday sleepover, played it all night and felt like the players were melting on the screen from sleep deprivation.  May of been the OG NHL Sega version.

Internet search on Altavista, not Google,  Maybe I askedjeeves?  When I started using the Internet for more than just logging into my Hotmail account and found this glorious site. 

Breaking out the game with old friends puts people into a kid like mindset, you don’t talk about paying mortgages, you talk about how the computer is screwing you on penalties.  A simpler time 

Having 3 kids put a damper on may gaming.  Still love retro sports games like Tecmo, NBA JAM, Ps2 Madden.  Will get my arse kicked on Fortnite mobile when I’m on the can.

The North Stars left town when I was a kid so College Hockey was extra big to me,  Many schools in MN area.  Did a Fantasy College Hockey league where we manually kept stats for a while.    Love watching all sports. 

NHL 94 tourney is still on my bucket list but have been to a bunch of Segathons and Tecmo events. Always great to meet people in person.  Jerr said it best above, Big Personalities, humble guys. 

Segathon is our yearly NHL 95 Tourney.  We always held little tourneys but with the advent of Digital Cameras and the easily posted primitive internet webpages  in the early 2000s I askedjeaves and found "theunholygrail.com" which was the exact same thing as our segathons,  A NHL 95 tourney with friends.  Started documenting it and the rest is history.  Probably the only time one a year I can get a bunch of my closest friends in the same room for a night.  Another great thing is people find the site from all over and say they do the exact same thing.

Theo Fleury the little big man.  He was small and I was small in grade school, plus the chroma red Flames looks so good in 16 bit.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Bob Kudelski - SNES

Adam G, 38, Ottawa 
Agriculture regulatory specialist with Canadian government.

Movies. I rate every movie I ever watch from 1-10. Some of my favourites are Total Recall, Major League, Drive, Army of Darkness, American Psycho, Casino Royale, The Departed, Kids, Brigsby Bear, Pineapple Express, Out of the Furnace, There Will be Blood, Pan’s Labyrinth. Also, TV, podcasts, live comedy, board games, pizza, sour beers, all things Star Wars, hockey, softball, x-country ski, hiking, running.

I remember my brother and our neighbour came in with it one Fall day in 1993. I remember thinking “‘but we already have this game from last year, NHLPA ‘93.. are they planning to release a new version every year? That’s kind of crazy.” We played a few games and the one-timer was pretty hard to master, but was amazing once you got it to work. I actually remember getting NHLPA ‘93 much more clearly. I got it for christmas in 1992 and I know exactly where I was when I unwrapped it. I was big into collecting hockey cards at the time, so to see a box that featured profile pictures of real NHL players on it was pretty cool. I remember playing that game a lot that day. To this day, I still get that christmas feeling when I play it.

I think I found the website and forums in 2008 based on some web searches. I was probably just trying to find if there were others that still loved the game. Needless to say, I was very happy to hear there was a way to play online!! From 93 to 2008, I played sporadically, mostly by myself, against the computer. Throughout high school (94-99) I had a good friend that used to play, but he preferred NHL 95 because he said it was faster. We used to play on weekends where you had to do a shot of rye if you got scored on. It was a quick way to get primed for a night on the town. I had a lot fo the NHL titles over the years, but I kept going back to NHL 94. I couldn’t shake it. I used to do full best of 7 playoffs and record the player stats with pen and paper. I think Joe Sakic had a 100 point post season and would have easily won the Conn Smythe. 

The gameplay is so good. The physics feel very real, in a surreal way. Even though it looks so simple, it feels more like skating and real hockey, than any other hockey game I’ve played. The other thing I love is just the era of the game. It’s based on 92/93 which might be the greatest NHL season ever. The Sens enter the league, the Habs win he Cup, multiple hall of famers scoring 100+ points. The timing of the game also hit that sweet spot of videogame generations in terms of style, graphics and gameplay. It's not too simple (like Pong), but it's not too complicated (like NHL 19). Love this game.

I’m a retro gamer, but not a modern gamer. My dad brought an NES home to me and my brother back in ‘86, before any of my friends had even heard of it. I loved the NES, followed by the SNES and N64, but I never had an XBox or Playstation. I got really into some first person shooter PC games in the early to mid-2000’s, like Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty, but those games just sucked up hours and hours of my day which isn’t something I can afford to do anymore. More recently, I tried out the trendy games like Pokemon Go and Fortnite on the iPhone to see what all the fuss was about, but that was short lived. In recent years, the only time I really play videogames is during NHL ‘94 tournament or league play, or at the local barcade which has all the classic 80’s and 90’s arcade games. 

I follow the NHL very closely. I’m  in multiple fantasy hockey leagues and pools. I used to have half-season tickets for the Senators, but I don’t really watch NHL games anymore, just the highlights. I only casually follow basketball and baseball - I’m still a big fan of the Ottawa Lynx. They were the Expos AAA farm team and won the international championship in 1995. I have multiple Lynx hats and a Lynx jacket which is my prized pos session.

It was great to meet guys in person. I don’t think there were any surprises. I felt like I already knew a lot of the guys. 

I’m a big fan of the Ottawa Senators. I thought Bob Kudelski was an unsung hero of the early Ottawa Senators and I didn’t want people to forget about him. He was a great goal scorer and gave us something to cheer about in the early days. In only 90 games with Ottawa, he scored 47 goals. I met him a few years ago at a Sens home opener and I told him the team could really use his scoring ability right now. He really liked that comment.

Can I have two? The first is Cam Neely. The combination of size, skating and puck skills make Neely perhaps the most complete forward in the game. While his offensive ratings are not as outstanding as some other top forwards, it’s the size and aggressiveness that put Neely over the top. I was recently looking back at his career stats and realized what a great goal scorer he was. From 89/90 to 93/94, he scored 176 GOALS in just 216 games. That’s insane. No wonder he’s such a beast in this game. 

The second is Slava Fetisov, who I think is the most underrated player in the game, in terms of being talked about and recognized within the community. He’s a huge player, with very good agility, stickhandling and passing. One of the best defenseman for shutting down the opposition with crushing hits and strong outlet passes. 

Honourable mentions go to Mario Lemieux, Alexander Mogilny and Steve Yzerman. Lemieux and Mogilny might be the best in the game, skill-wise. Yzerman is a personal favourite because I play hockey in the Steve Yzerman arena, and those old Red Wings teams were just awesome.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Icestorm - GENS

Mark M., 48, Financial Operations Manager

Camping, nhl94, hiking, traveling

College early 90's played the entire EA series

June 2007.  Local radio station WGR550 in Buffalo one day played the NHL94 theme song.  I googled it and found the community!  Only playing between college and 2007 was playing cpu with each New Years Cart stopped at 2000.

Simple controls, players I grew up following.

Nope.

Yes, Buffalo Sabres.  Football/Lacrosse as well.

Toronto KO94.  It was surreal.  I remember I was in my hotel taking a dump and Brutus was texting me about meeting in room across hall.  There was Brutus, AJ, KG  and forget who else.  Playing first few games was VERY weird but after 10-15 minutes it was like we'd been buds for years.  fantastic experience.  Can't wait to do more.

We had an icestorm in Rochester in 1991.  I named my sporting news fantasy hockey team in 1995 - the Rochester Ice Storm.  Whenio joined the community I initially took sn Keuka94 (my college and grad year) but then changed it to IceStorm and my year of birth.

Benny Hogue, just a smart, fast nice shooting F.  had a bunch of success with them.  My fave team in rom is the Isles, Hogue is big part of that.

Bonus 11. Did you do many (or any?) pass shots when you played previously? (Before you started playing online?)
No, I only picked up pass shots after about 4-5 years in the community.  Hated them previously thought they were cheesy until I learned them.

Bonus 12. What is the hardest pass shot to pull off?
Hardest for me is the straight on one to pick the corner going straight down or up though I’m getting the hang of it.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

Adam, 33, instructional designer, Pittsburgh, Genesis

2. What hobbies or other interests do you have
Reading and learning, replaying NES and Genesis games, following the Penguins, other things

3. When did you get introduced to the game NHL'94? How did it happen?
My cousins introduced me to NHL'93. At a Mother's Day dinner, we talked about how great '94 was going to be, and here we are.

4. When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates?  (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.) 
At no point since its release have I ever stopped playing it. Randomly searched for NHL'94 related content in the mid-2000s. I think I created my profile in 2006 or 2008 but didn't participate until 2017.

5. What are a couple of things you love about the game?
Every game is completely different, just like in real life.

6. Are you a gamer in general? What other games do you play?
I used to be much more of a gamer, but I've lost interest in the new systems. I only play NHL'94 and the NES Classic now.

I watch most sports and follow Pittsburgh and Arizona teams (lived in AZ for six years).

I haven't been to a tourney yet, but I'd like to so I can put faces with usernames.

My screen name is my birth name, so you'd have to ask my parents about the origin. I just rather people know my name than use an alias.

10. Favorite NHL'94 player in game (and why)?
Nelson Emerson because he was a monster in '93. They nerfed him in '94 and put Craig Janney (SUPER SCRUB) on the top line. Then, somehow, Janney is a 100 in '95, which is half the reason I don't acknowledge that game. My wife is on board to include the name 'Emerson' for if we have a boy at some point, so that's cool.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

jackandjose - GENS

1. Name, age, occupation, location
    Judd, 47, small business owner(lawn and landscape), Fort Collins, Colorado

Climbing the mountains of Colorado is my passion.  I also play hockey(ice and inline), table tennis and racquetball. 

Started playing 93 in college and then of course 94.  I don't remember how I was introduced,  but I played hockey and owned a Sega so I think it was inevitable.  Never really played that much though.  Loved it, but just didn't have the time in college.

I joined the community in January 2013.  My job gives me a 4 month winter vacation, and that winter I got heavily involved in online RBI leagues. While playing someone in RBI I learned about the 94 site and joined almost immediately.   I had not played 94 since 95 came out.  I switched each year to the new updated game through 98, and stopped playing entirely around 2000 when I got married.

I love everything about the game.   It's so simple, yet so complex and is easily the most complete game ever made.  I can't stand playing any new hockey games. 

I am not a gamer in general and mostly only play 94 and RBI.  Occasionally I'll play other classic NES games too.

I only follow hockey casually and when I do it's only the Avalanche.  MacKinnon is probably the only player I know for the Avs.  When they first came to Colorado I bought season tickets and followed them religiously for 10 years or so.  That was an exciting time with so many great playoff runs and legends like Sakic, Forsberg, Roy and Bourque.  I just don't have the time anymore to follow.  In high school and college I was a huge capitals fan so was very excited to see them win the cup this year after so many years of frustration.

I went to the Vegas tournament and had a good time.  It was cool to meet everyone and put faces with screen names.  I was with my wife so missed out on some of the experience I think.

The name jackandjose was taken from a song by my favorite band(Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, formerly The Refreshments).  The song is actually called Jack vs Jose.  My wife and I have seen them about 175 times. 

Peter Bondra because he was my favorite player as a kid and I love his speed.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SlapShotFiend said:

Well, this is a good topic to get to know about the players on this website. Is this ongoing? I think I want in on this, too.

Why did you make a new account? What happened to your old one.

8 hours ago, chaos said:

He did that so when he answers “what is behind you screen name?” He can say. “Iceguy was already taken so I picked slap shotfriend”

15 hours ago, SlapShotFiend said:

Well, this is a good topic to get to know about the players on this website. Is this ongoing? I think I want in on this, too.

Open your eyes, matey!  The J&J profile was from only a few days ago. :P

Jump in, and tell us your story. :)

On 12/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, chaos said:

Well, due to having been away for quite a few years, I forgot the password on the original account for RedWingDevil. So I had little choice but to make a new account in here. Yeah, it's unusual, but that's how the cookie crumbles. I dunno if I'll be able to get it back, along with my old info that's still on the league pages. :ph34r:

Well, might as well say stuff about myself!

1. Name, age, occupation, location, system
    Guillemo, age 34, call center agent/translator, Baja California in Mexico, Gens/SNES. If we're talking about current systen, PS4

Music, reading books ocassionally, comics, movies. Geek stuff

Well, the same way a guy does when they're looking to play classic games on emulators. NHL 94 was one of the games I got interested into the most, and then I remember watching some good hockey games in my childhood. That, and I never forgot the cool ad for the game in a videogame magazine.

I've played emulators since... 2002. It has been that way for quite some time. I wasn't aware about NHL94.com until around 2009! I saw that classic video of a comeback on a game between Montreal and Quebec in YouTube; the name sort of came up and I got curious as I searched it on Google. The rest is history.

Even now, it's still pretty fast and dynamic, and the general feel is enduring. Also, the amount of players that I can still remember from the 1990s helps out a great deal.

What games DON'T I play? Actually, I'd count them on one hand. That'd be simulators, games like Sim City, maybe those based on game shows...

Yeah, I follow it sometimes, especially when the mood hits me. There's also the NFL. I rarely follow other sports.

Unfortunately, I do not have the good luck of ever being in a live tourney, or meeting new people from the community personally. My country pretty much plays fighting games, FIFA, FPS, and recently, classic gaming. It'd be pretty rare to find someone else who plays NHL games besides me, nevermind even know about it.

9. What is behind your screen name? (Origin story, if there is one.)                                                                                              It's just a boring story. I wanted to fit into the hockey theme in the community, and I kinda liked the Red Wings, so I went with RedWingDevil. For the leagues, I use Iceguy94 for theme purposes as well. Fitting in here was what I was aiming at.
    That's a very tough choice! A lot of them I like, but if I had to make the decision, I'd say Steve Yzerman. One of the most complete playmakers in the game; he can pretty much do no wrong when you start rolling with him and he's one slick skater & shooter.

Edited by aqualizard
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Clockwise - GENS / SNES

1. Name, age, occupation, location
    Clockwise, AKA Clock J. Wise, AKA Jesusplaysnhl94, AKA Jesus, AKA Jebus, AKA  Hāso͞os', AKA David Lo Pan, AKA Frank Dux, AKA Chester Copperpot, AKA JJ, AKA Tom Servo, AKA The OG,  AKA Bulk VanderHuge.
    Sales.
    NE PA, moving back to Philly, soon.

Doing nothing is my first love. I also have a million other interests, like most people. 

I had a hard scrabble up bringing. We were very hard up. We didn't have a pot to piss in. In fact, I remember as a young child, my mother waking me up in the dead of the night and forcing me to break into other peoples homes just so we could piss in their pots. The prospect of my family affording a video game was out of the question, I had to look for what little work was available.

Eventually I settled on becoming a paper boy. I remember toiling away, my tiny hands black with newspaper print looking like a breaker boy from the mines. I would roll newpapers into plastic sleeves for hours on end while praying for child protective services to rescue me.It was grueling work for a kid with just a Mongoose BMX bike to his name.
    To compound my drudgery, my paper route was littered with psychotic break dancers, tornadoes, random used tires, and once I was even visited by the grim specter of death during my paper route. 

I somehow survived and eventually had enough coinage to purchase my own copy of NHL'94. Having spent the previous year absorbing radiation from the CRT TV in the living room playing NHLPA'93 with my cohorts, I knew that NHL'94 was my ticket to a better life; out of the slums and into the sweet life of the upper-middle class and interminable debt.  

In the bowels of a sports forum called the Nose Bleed section, there was a sub forum for all the knaves and rejects. I used to talk about NHL'94 with @don16086 and @mack
    Don told me that there was this new NHL'94 site being worked on. I knew my prayers had been answered. I realized that not only could i waste my youth playing NHL'94, but my adulthood as well.  

2on2.

I had a museum worth of games at one time. Arcade cabinets and PC's and consoles, but one can only handle so much involuntary celibacy. I don't really play anything anymore. But I still consider myself a gamer since I've spent like 10,000 hours of my life playing video games.  

Most of the time when I watch other sports I think about how great the game would be if the two teams I'm watching were actually playing hockey. Hockey is the only sport I really care about. Baseball and Football and stuff is just to distract me from the fact that there is no hockey to watch right now. 

I went to the NHLPA'93 Kumite as Tanaka Clan. I forgot the password to get in but by a stroke of luck, I guessed, "OKAY USA," and I got in. NHL'94-4 in Toronto will be my first NHL'94 tournament. I will be wearing glasses this time so that no one can throw dust in my eyes.

Well, I won it, kind of. Back when I used to ride the rails, I was in a fight with a 130lb hobo over a bag of Wise potato chips who was wielding a railroad spike. I beat him with a grandfather clock. All of this while I was in the midst of creating my account. I typed my user name and password in cold blood for the first time. That's how I got my name, similar to how Iceberg Slim go this name; we have a lot in common. The rest is history. 

Shot power is, in video game parlance, the 'spread gun' of attributes to me, so I like players such as Al Iafrate. I get really loud and yell with a s**t eating grin, "WHAT ARE YOU IAFRATE OF?" and then I unleash a skullet missile from the high slot and yell, "IAFRATE BIG BLAST." All. Damn. Day. True story. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • Name, age, occupation, location, system
    Dan, 37.8, self-employed marketing professional with a focus on B2B bartering, Regina SK, Genesis mostly, but experiencing mild mid-tier success with SNES lately too.

• What hobbies or other interests do you have?
    poker, Rocket League, ice hockey, Spikeball, tennis, typing, Scrabble.

• When did you get introduced to the game NHL'94?  How did it happen?
    as a kid, my bro and I were poor and we had to self-fund our sega and games purchase. We bought '93, didn't have enough for '94 or '95, then bought '96 and '97 so we never knew the joy of NHL94 unfortunately. When I heard there was a big following around it, instead of joining I searched out a '97 community and without finding one, gave up on the thought. It wasn't until a local Regina brewery (Rebellion Brewing) hosted an NHL94 tourney in their pub that I got involved and started practicing. many skills transferred from 97 while others did not. 

• When did you get introduced to nhl94.com and the online community? Were you playing between these two dates?  (That is, between first becoming aware of game, and first becoming aware of nhl94.com.)
    it was exactly at the same time, basically November 2019.

• What are a couple things that you love about the game?
    I love that every type of "cheap" or "glitch" goal that one can score can be combatted by manual GC or some other method. And I further love that when a good goalie tries to combat those moves, there's reverse moves (like the Sebe slip) that can be done. The game just has so many layers. I also love that there's people that are digging into the code to find out how things work and deconstruct it. so many years later, if I was a developer, I'd be so proud that people care so much about it still.

• Are you a gamer in general? What other games do you play?
    oh ya. Rocket League, Apex Legends, Risk, CIV 6, GTA V, poker. In Scrabble, I'm ranked about 1450 in the ELO thingy. I can play a 3 min game and still get multiple bingos. Nobody from this group could beat me 1 in 10 games I'm thinking.

• Do you follow hockey in real life? Any other sports?
    Yes, big Leafs fan, thus the screen name. I just enjoy watching; I don't enjoy stats or research or prospects or trades or anything. I enjoy tennis, Spikeball, but my knees are getting bad with age.

• If you have been to a live tourney, what was it like meeting the real people behind the screen names? Any big surprises?
    It was great in Minny. But I was still so new at the time. Everyone was so welcoming and nice. No big surprises. I think there'd be more surprises if we had a tourney in Vegas. I'd learn a lot about people by seeing them play blackjack and poker lol. 

• What is behind your screen name? (Origin story, if there is one.)
    it was my original poker username and just stuck with it. dan (name) TML (toronto maple leafs) 7 (fave number)

• Favorite NHL94 player in game (and why)?
    depends.... Clark was my childhood idol, but some of my faves in game would be Gilmour, Emerson, Fleury, Selanne... I'm sure you can see a trend.
Edited by danTML7
  • Love 1
  • Like 3