NHL'94 Forums

Most Simultaneous PIMS (for one side)

aqualizard

Just played a Christmas' series vs Atomic.  It was 1 1 in the second, game 7, and the whistle went indicating I took a penalty.  But then a second one popped up a the same time.  Then a 3rd.  All of a sudden I had three simultaneous 2:00 PIMS.  Was furious.  Hate when this nonsense happens in a game 7.

I have played many hundreds of hours, this *must* have happened to me before.  But I can't remember it?  Two simultaneous is not  that rare, but 3?

Anyone ever take 4? (Or, gulp!, more?)

Edited by aqualizard

Now that I reflect on it, 5 must be the limit.  I do not think one player can get 2 penalties in one go (I have never seen it, anyway), and since goalies can't get penalized (even for brutal hits!), that leaves only 5 players on the ice that can get a call. (Less if you are shorthanded.)

So, 3 must be rare.  But I can't help but think -- like lightning striking 2x in the same spot -- on some rare occasion 4 and even 5 must have happened.  Heck, here is a woman that won the lottery twice on the same day!

Edited by aqualizard
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Now that I reflect on it, 5 must be the limit.  I do not think one player can get 2 penalties in one go (I have never seen it, anyway), and since goalies can't get penalized (even for brutal hits!), that leaves only 5 players on the ice that can get a call. (Less if you are shorthanded.)

So, 3 must be rare.  But I can't help but think -- like lightning striking 2x in the same spot -- on some rare occasion 4 and even 5 must have happened.  Heck, here is a woman that won the lottery twice on the same day!

That must be right, 5 is the max. Unless.... LINE CHANGES ON!

I know I've seen 3, can't remember seeing 4 personally.

If a player gets a penalty and then the same player gets another penalty before the whistle blows, only the last penalty gets applied.  Usually if I have a delayed penalty that I know is for a particular player, I don't switch off and start ramming/tripping people even more than usual, lol. 

I could have sworn I saw 3 penalties in a game recently where I got 1 penalty, but my opponent also got two at the same time.

I think there were already 2 guys in the box, so it ended up with 4 in the box for him, and 1 for me, so it was 4 on 3 for 1 min (it was Et Tu Brute ROM).

I could be wrong though.   Drinking was involved :)

Anyone else ever have multiple penalties from both teams?