NHL'94 Forums

[September 21-22, 2019 - Toronto] - KING of '94 - 4

halifax

REGISTRATION IS LIVE!!

https://smash.gg/tournament/king-of-94-4/details

Please let us know if you have any questions. We haven't used this site before so there could be some things to work out.

You can participate in up to 4 events:
Saturday:

1. [Sega] King of 94 ($50) OR Duke of 94 ($15)
  2. [Sega] Duke of NBA Jam TE ($15)

Sunday:

1. [SNES] King of 94 ($50) OR Duke of 94 ($15)
  2. [SNES] Duke of NBA Jam TE ($15)

There's also a $17 Venue fee, which you pay once but covers admission for both days.

So for example if you want to play Sega King of 94, SNES Duke of 94, and SNES NBA Jam, it's $17(venue) + $50(sega king 94) + $15(snes duke 94) + $15(snes duke jam) = $97. Sorry we couldn't get it add up to 94.

The King tournaments guarantee 7 games. 

The Duke tournaments guarantee 4 games. The 94 Duke tournament has simpler rules (no manual goalie, use any team) and is meant to be the casual event.

The venue helped us put together some good hotel deals. Possibly some flight deals, but I haven't heard any updates on that front.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Amazing.

Have any dates been narrowed down?

Any updates on possible location? Any chance it will be in or close to Manhattan or Brooklyn? I think you had mention Long Island before.

no location yet. trying to get the weekend of sept.21/22.

King of 94 Buffalo! we could airbnb a hostel for a week for same price as 1 night in nyc...but nothing to do in Buffalo lol......I always wanted to see a fight at msg

Edited by kgman
  • Like 1

• halifax changed the title to [September 2019 - TBD] - KING of '94 - 4

The king of 94 tournament is changing cities for fall 2019. We tried as best we could to find a venue in New York that fit our needs and budget, however we were unsuccessful. We (me)will share the new venue soon!D8128188-99E7-4B71-B3D7-7FF431C0ADB6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Save the dates! We are headed to Waves EGaming September 21 and 22nd! A 13,000 square foot video gaming centre that is designed for large scale video game tournaments. And at least 20 CRTs for us to use. Sega Saturday and Super Nintendo Sunday! More info to come...

D544ECB5-3AEB-40DD-995B-C5CD0942CF04.jpeg

Waves EGaming is the first dedicated esports facility in Canada. We are committed to connecting gamers across Canada, and bringing world-class esport  tournaments to audiences and players around the world.

We aim to be the central hub in Toronto for gamers to socialize, play casually, train to improve, compete for prizes, and be provided with recruitment opportunities. Our facility houses top-of-the-line gaming PC’s & Console setups, dedicated fiber optic connection, live commentary booth, and in-house production capabilities

Our state of the art facility is fully equipped with a large stage, a concession stand, a wide selection of games, and a friendly gaming environment. Our unique modular setup helps us host small to large scale events. Everything from online streaming to full-on production is available at Waves.

Your trip confirmation and receipt

Justfly.com
ToKarim
Apr. 18 at 6:46 p

Toronto to Santiago Aug 20 2019
Santiago to Toronto Nov 21 2019
Date Receipt # Amount
April 18, 2019   $635.93 CAD
Total: $635.93 CA
Halifax u have worst timing lol

•  
  • Sad 2

I'm also going to Santiago with kgman.

Not really I will be there bud! Going to go 4/4 (attendance wise - not performance obviously! :lol:)

Hope the timing and location works for enough people in the community, looking forward to it! Great work as always @halifax!!

• Thanks 1

• halifax changed the title to [September 21-22, 2019 - Toronto] - KING of '94 - 4

Posted this on social media “Prefer to use your own nhl’94 team? Manual goalie not your strong suit? Then the Duke of 94 tournament is for you! September 21 (Sega) and 22nd (SNES) @waves egaming.”28462317-BA94-48F0-8988-116C59F098F1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, halifax said:

Posted this on social media “Prefer to use your own nhl’94 team? Manual goalie not your strong suit? Then the Duke of 94 tournament is for you! September 21 (Sega) and 22nd (SNES) @waves egaming.”28462317-BA94-48F0-8988-116C59F098F1.png

Duke of 94 seems awesome to me, but will anyone else enter???

Love the Auto Goalie!

Sadly, I am also almost 100% going to miss my first King of 94.
Or actually my first Duke of 94.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, CoachMac said:

Why?  Work commitments?  That is a bummer, Coach. :(

On 4/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, CoachMac said:

Duke of 94 seems awesome to me, but will anyone else enter???

Love the Auto Goalie!

That sucks.  Football?  

Won’t be the same without ya bud.  

• 2 weeks later...

Registration will be up June 1st, 2019

Some things that are new for this year's tournament.

1. "Duke of 94" tournament. -> pick any team you want, auto goalie, no penalties. 5 min periods, no offside. 

2. Single Elimination wild card playoff - If you do not win the required number of games you get thrown into a "last chance" to qualify for the playoffs.

3. Entire playoffs will be double elimination.

4. NBA JAM T.E. tournament added in at the end of the day.

5. I plan to find @clockwise and bring him there. #BucketListItem.

ko94-4 poster.jpg

• Like 1

Post any questions you may have and we'll answer them on our podcast next week! (I'll post the link once everything is set up).

gilmour_clark1993_meme.jpg

@halifax

Please excuse my absence as I got in a fight with a giant talking grape over cosmic fruity pebbles. I also had to give my shield away... Long story (like 3 hours long) but I'm back.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it in September as I'm relocating back to Philly this summer. Budgeting will be the tricky part for me; buying an house and moving n'all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clockwise said:

@halifax

Please excuse my absence as I got in a fight with a giant talking grape over cosmic fruity pebbles. I also had to give my shield away... Long story (like 3 hours long) but I'm back.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it in September as I'm relocating back to Philly this summer. Budgeting will be the tricky part for me; buying an house and moving n'all.

Buying a house in philly lol ....why dont u just throw u money in the toilet and flush u might have chance of seeing it again!

2 hours ago, smozoma said:

We'll be doing a live stream at 11PM EST on facebook, with Halifax, KingRaph, BobKudelski, and myself

https://www.facebook.com/nhl94dotcom/

One of these things is not like the other...  

honoured to be included in this livestream!

5 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

One of these things is not like the other...  

honoured to be included in this livestream!

thanks for jumping on tonight! 

12 hours ago, clockwise said:

@halifax

happy to have you back! good luck on the house and everything!