NHL'94 Forums

[September 21-22, 2019 - Toronto] - KING of '94 - 4

halifax

Mikey shipped 5 systems for each console. I was going to bring some consoles but i realized that the trophies (6 of them) take up space(and weight) for the plane. So I may only bring one or two.

If anyone playing with original system controllers would like to try replacement conductive pads, I have a bunch for SEGA 6-button.

Get that new controller feeling.

I can also get SNES and SEGA 3-button if anyone is interested (get my on PM, or on Discord) and I'll order some and bring them with me.Ā 

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

And even HDMI, on a CRT. weeiiirddd

Got to be a trojan horse of some kind.Ā  break it open with a sledgehammer and be ready to kill whatever is hiding inside.

• Thanks 1

I need some player previews or something so I can live vicariously through you guys.Ā  Whats OG champsĀ Mikael's odds.Ā  Does he have the juice or did we win in a time when players smoked darts between periods?Ā 

1 hour ago, segathon said:

I need some player previews or something so I can live vicariously through you guys.Ā  Whats OG champsĀ Mikael's odds.Ā  Does he have the juice or did we win in a time when players smoked darts between periods?Ā 

Home town advantage seems to be a thing, so I think he's got a good chance. But we've got 5 of the 6 finalists all attending, plus AJ and Raph, so it's wide open on the SNES side. Like 7 guys with a shot. EDIT: 8 guys, Jason To (IlivetoNHL94) was 4th in Toronto, but has a large inactivity penalty in the rankings.

Sega on the other hand has the KingRaph-AJ duo who are head and shoulders above everyone else, at least in terms of event rating (1200 is perfect, ~1150Ā is "2nd",Ā so both appear unbeatable by the rest of us.

After that there's a kind of rock-paper-scissors thing between myself, corbett, and EA (corbett always beats me, i have had EAs number except he started beating me in exis so who knows now, and I think corbett and EA split games?), so it kind of depends on our routes through the tournament. Clockwise is coming and putting a wrench in the usual results - he's a Blitz champ so he could be anywhere from 1st to 6th!Ā 

After that, though, I think it's incredibly competitive.Ā Kevin Brennan was I think 5th in Vegas (so maybe I should be listing him in the 2nd tier above).Ā Michael Sroka and Roberto Z made the final 16 in Toronto 2015. JerĀ  just missed the final 16 with aĀ 5-3 recordĀ (unfortunately got beaten 3 times by Roberto in the triple elimination! I may have not "cross-polinated" the bracket correctly). Trent Young has beaten both me AND AJ in Saskatoon (single games, not final result). Eric Lefaivre won the Hartford tournament and had a tough group in Vegas so didn't make it to the bracket. So while the right side of these standings may look a little sparse in terms of bolded players, the Sega side is still looking like a great, competitive field.

EDIT: Also DPS is pretty good I think. Not sure about Mort.

Ā 

69930716_1374578009357885_4046211856891641856_n.png

Ā 

PS: error, it's Mike Norwood (SNESboy) who is coming, not Mike Viske

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, halifax said:

Mikey shipped 5 systems for each console. I was going to bring some consoles but i realized that the trophies (6 of them) take up space(and weight) for the plane. So I may only bring one or two.

I will bring:

• 2 genesis consoles
  • 2 SNES consoles
  • 1 retro trio console (dual system)
  • 4 sega NHL94 carts
  • 4 SNES NHL94 carts

Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AtomicRaven said:

Haha I missed the amountĀ somehow on the broadcast!Ā  That is going to buy alot of OG Sega 6Ā buttons Raph!

Because that is what IĀ  would buy. 1 million 6 button ctrls at 6 dollars each.Ā  They better give you a deal!!

Hi guys!

I just want to say how I appreciated the tournament! @halifax, you've been so great, well organized! I particularly appreciated that you welcomed me, and talked to me to break the ice.

I can't wait to play in an other tournament!Ā 

I installed nhl94 on my computer and can't wait to play online!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, El Clouter said:

Hi guys!

I just want to say how I appreciated the tournament! @halifax, you've been so great, well organized! I particularly appreciated that you welcomed me, and talked to me to break the ice.

I can't wait to play in an other tournament!Ā 

I installed nhl94 on my computer and can't wait to play online!

Thanks buddy! It was great to meet you!

• Thanks 1

• halifax unpinned this topic