NHL'94 Forums

NES RBI Online Tournament

If you're interested please post below.

This will be an online double elimination tournament with each round being best of 3 and finals best of 5.  I'll randomly seed players.

Team selection process:

1. higher seed selects matchup

2. lower seed picks team they want

3. higher seed picks home or away

4. alternate this for remaining games

We'll use Brutopia/Nestopia emulator https://tecmobowl.org/files/file/320-brutopianestopia-pc/

I'm leaning towards one starting pitcher per game unless a majority would rather use both.

I'll leave this up for a week and then get started.

I would like this to be a fast moving tournament so please only signup if you have plenty of gaming time.

1. jackandjose 

2. jer

3. annatar

4. Bob Kudelski

Edited by jackandjose
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, annatar said:

I'm down.

@Bob Kudelski you wanna do this? I haven't played since Saskatoon.

I'd love to, but I don't think I'd have the time to get my games in and keep the tournament moving along.

Besides, if @halifax plays, he'll just dummy everyone.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, jackandjose said:

If you're interested please post below.

This will be an online double elimination tournament with each round being best of 3 and finals best of 5.  I'll randomly seed players.

Team selection process:

1. higher seed selects matchup

2. lower seed picks team they want

3. higher seed picks home or away

4. alternate this for remaining games

We'll use Brutopia/Nestopia emulator https://tecmobowl.org/files/file/320-brutopianestopia-pc/

I'm leaning towards one starting pitcher per game unless a majority would rather use both.

I'll leave this up for a week and then get started.

I would like this to be a fast moving tournament so please only signup if you have plenty of gaming time.

1. jackandjose 

2. jer

I know quite a bit of people that play locally, and are excellent at this game.  Perhaps if we can use this to bring them into the community a bit deeper.  Most of them are Chicago guys that I competed with along with @angryjay93 this past weekend.

Although you guys are probably using Retroarch, there is a much better online experience to be had using the Brudtopia emulator that we use to play Tecmo Super Bowl.  If you already have port forwarding setup for RA, you can tell the program to host using the same emulator.  There is also a record/playback feature in the emulator for those that want to try that.  This is the emulator I use for our online Tecmo Super Bowl tournament play, and as long as people are wiring in, it plays like a dream.

Here's a link for anyone that wants it.  Create a folder in the c:\users directory and call it "user" without the quotes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t965NBt-1kbgtkySlstRJFnKyOh4IXCm

5 hours ago, Edge of 94' WI said:

I know quite a bit of people that play locally, and are excellent at this game.  Perhaps if we can use this to bring them into the community a bit deeper.  Most of them are Chicago guys that I competed with along with @angryjay93 this past weekend.

Although you guys are probably using Retroarch, there is a much better online experience to be had using the Brudtopia emulator that we use to play Tecmo Super Bowl.  If you already have port forwarding setup for RA, you can tell the program to host using the same emulator.  There is also a record/playback feature in the emulator for those that want to try that.  This is the emulator I use for our online Tecmo Super Bowl tournament play, and as long as people are wiring in, it plays like a dream.

Here's a link for anyone that wants it.  Create a folder in the c:\users directory and call it "user" without the quotes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t965NBt-1kbgtkySlstRJFnKyOh4IXCm

We are using brutopia.

That would be awesome if you could pass this along to anyone who might be interested.   I know Chicago has a big RBI presence.  I believe there use to be an annual tournament there as well.  I should probably post this on the dee-nee site too

Edited by jackandjose

35 minutes ago, jackandjose said:

We are using brutopia.

That would be awesome if you could pass this along to anyone who might be interested.   I know Chicago has a big RBI presence.  I believe there use to be an annual tournament there as well.  I should probably post this on the dee-nee site too

Yeah I don't play RBI often, like not enough to improve between attempts.  That being said I played in a fun tournament held by the Retro Sports Gamer.  You had to pick the retro game out of a chip in a bag to determine what game you were playing.  The games in play were RBI Baseball for NES, NBA Jam TE for Genesis, NHL94 for Genesis, and Tecmo Super Bowl for NES.  Angryjay and I were arguably the best two NHL94 players present, but that means jack when you pull out a chip for RBI against RBI studs.

I did share the link in their Discord.  I know they focus hard on regular local meetups.

Edited by Edge of 94' WI

Well, it doesn't look like there is much interest in RBI. 

@annatar @jer_33 maybe we can just play some exis and then a small round robin.   Perhaps we could get @Bob Kudelski to join since it would be slower paced?

• Sad 1

@Bob Kudelski I had a combined score of 33-7 in 3 games. Then @annatar beats me 6-5 in late comeback with a solo shot from mookie wilson. My career is over. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, Bob Kudelski said:

I'm down for some RBI games at some point. My gaming window is pretty limited though. 10-12pm EST most nights.

Awesome Bob! We'll do something low key.  Your window works perfect for me!

2 hours ago, halifax said:

@Bob Kudelski I had a combined score of 33-7 in 3 games. Then @annatar beats me 6-5 in late comeback with a solo shot from mookie wilson. My career is over. 

Does this mean you're in?  I would love a shot at the champ!

Edited by jackandjose

8 hours ago, jackandjose said:

Does this mean you're in?  I would love a shot at the champ!

Sorry bud. Not in even though I love rbi

Anatar lost to the champ in the final after beating me in the semi. I forget the guys name. He was a local bud. Not an online guy 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, jer_33 said:

I'm available for RBI exis just like I am for 94, evenings (after 9pm) and weekends (all day). What are your availabilities?

I'm available just about every evening and off and on during days too.  

Let's all try and get some exis in this week and then start a 4 man round robin next week.

Maybe we can get halifax to set up a RBI channel on Discord?