NHL'94 Forums

Amount of Players on a Team

KTup710

Hey buds, I'm working with wboy's 30 team rom and I need a team to have one less player or else we'll have a player with only 5 letters in his name. I know how to change the amounts of forwards and defensemen, but is there a post anywhere about adding or removing a player from a team? I use a Mac so I can't use NOSE sadly, can anyone help me out?

I always do the add/remove in NOSE.  I know it can be done in the hex code but I often mess that up and have to redo it ten times til I get it correct... something about adding back the number of characters (hex) removed by removing a players name.

If you PM me your rom, I can (thru NOSE) remove the player (let me know player/team) and send it back to you.  I won’t be able to do it til later today (gonna be doing some errands this afternoon).  So, if it’s not time sensitive, PM it along to me...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sauce said:

I always do the add/remove in NOSE.  I know it can be done in the hex code but I often mess that up and have to redo it ten times til I get it correct... something about adding back the number of characters (hex) removed by removing a players name.

If you PM me your rom, I can (thru NOSE) remove the player (let me know player/team) and send it back to you.  I won’t be able to do it til later today (gonna be doing some errands this afternoon).  So, if it’s not time sensitive, PM it along to me...

Sounds good! I'll play with it for a little bit and see if I can figure it out and let you know.

Well that was quick... Turns out it was easier than I thought. Just had to change the numbers around for one less defenseman then add the bytes I deleted to another player's name... thanks for offering to help out though! I'm sure there's already a topic for this somewhere, I was just too lazy to find it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.38.04 PM.png

Edited by KTup710
Deleted an extra image

22 minutes ago, KTup710 said:

Well that was quick... Turns out it was easier than I thought. Just had to change the numbers around for one less defenseman then add the bytes I deleted to another player's name... thanks for offering to help out though! I'm sure there's already a topic for this somewhere, I was just too lazy to find it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 12.38.04 PM.png

No worries bud.  Happy to offer...

There is a tutorial, somewhere on the site, on the hex editing of your situation.  But, sounds like you are now good to go!

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

No worries bud.  Happy to offer...

There is a tutorial, somewhere on the site, on the hex editing of your situation.  But, sounds like you are now good to go!

Cheers!

Exactly right, don't need to worry about finding it now. Thanks again, have a good one!