NHL'94 Forums

Banner Creativity

KTup710

Hey all,

As I've been working on my new ROM hack, I've been focusing on adding my own flair to the game. I want it to look like '94, but I also want to really make it mine and bring out a ton of features that nobody else has really done before. As I was doing that I decided I would play with the in-game banners a little bit. You guys may have already seen my banner work in Skip's International ROM, but I just wanted to share a few of the designs I've done in hopes that some of you guys will like the idea and pick it up, because I'd love to see this in some other hacks, I think it adds a lot of character.

Here are some of my designs:

A simple slash on each side with inverted colors

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.51.42 PM.png

Double stripes on each ens, as a nod to the team's jerseys in real life.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.50.19 PM.png

One of my personal favorites, a habs style stripe running through the middle. Not too flashy, but unique and a good way to add more than 2 colors.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.50.29 PM.png

This one is a little ugly in my opinion, for good reason as these guys are our biggest high school rivals, but it's still a neat design and a reference to this team's jerseys.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.51.02 PM.png

A simple one just for you buds, with one red pipe separating the black and grey.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.51.13 PM.png

Pretty cool color scheme and also a "spotlight" pattern as I call it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.51.30 PM.png

This one's cool, especially since this team is called the Admirals. Very fitting.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.51.58 PM.png

Last but not least, a sharp looking checkerboard pattern.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 4.52.07 PM.png

Hopefully this is something fresh and new for you guys, as I said it's something I'd love to see more people experiment with in the future!

• Like 4

These are great, thanks for sharing.  I am a fan of alternative banners, I've used different designs on most of the recent league ROMs I have created.  

Most recent I could find is the "wave" design here:

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18636-et-tu-bruce-deuce-official-rom/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingraph said:

These are great, thanks for sharing.  I am a fan of alternative banners, I've used different designs on most of the recent league ROMs I have created.  

Most recent I could find is the "wave" design here:

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18636-et-tu-bruce-deuce-official-rom/

I just checked that ROM out, never actually thought about changing the team name design! What an awesome concept, I love seeing that kind of originality and it looks really nice

• Thanks 1

Just now, skip said:

@KTup710 great stuff bud! I love these - pretty cool and the flags banners you did for international ROM are still my favorite haha

I know, even I was amazed by how well those turned out!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 9:49 AM, KTup710 said:

I know, even I was amazed by how well those turned out!

Loving the styles though, you can give each team their own individual pattern to fit them, awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skip said:

Loving the styles though, you can give each team their own individual pattern to fit them, awesome!

Can't believe I forgot to post this one, it's gotta be one of my favorites and it's also perfect for a team called the Empires

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 8.48.11 PM.png

On 2/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, CoachMac said:

New Banners for Original 6 Roms.

Thanks for the Inspiration.

Cool Ideas!

b.PNGa.PNG

Awesome!! Those look sweet, simple but unique.