Recommended Posts

As usual I'm hanging out playing some 94 during school, when I pull off one of the most impressive hits of my life. Not even sure if I was controlling the guy but he sent this man for a ride into his own bench. The best part is probably his own teammates cheering while he lays there crumbled, classic stuff.

 

 

 

Edited by KTup710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far from the most impressive hit I've ever seen, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the interesting part was the reaction on the bench not the hit I don't recall seeing bench react to anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Far from the most impressive hit I've ever seen, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Agreed, I must say the bench is what got me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the bench reaction is what stuck out to me. I've never seen that before. The only time I see the bench moving (on the Genesis version) is before the face-off. Once the face-off is dropped they stay frozen, which was probably done by the developers to ensure a smooth frame rate. Now you did that on the SNES version, could the bench reacting like that to the hit into the bench be an SNES version only feature?

I guess that reaction happened because the player was hit into his own team's bench. The player who got checked over the boards kind of slowly disappeared when the bench reaction animation started.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brodeur30 said:

Yeah the bench reaction is what stuck out to me. I've never seen that before. The only time I see the bench moving (on the Genesis version) is before the face-off. Once the face-off is dropped they stay frozen, which was probably done by the developers to ensure a smooth frame rate. Now you did that on the SNES version, could the bench reacting like that to the hit into the bench be an SNES version only feature?

I guess that reaction happened because the player was hit into his own team's bench. The player who got checked over the boards kind of slowly disappeared when the bench reaction animation started.

Yes, this is a SNES feature, but I think the celebration was because one of my players took a pretty big hit afterward. Either way, perfectly timed to look like they were celebrating their own player getting sent clean over the wall. 

P.S: Someone should re-enact this in real life. Try it out in beer leagues buds.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, KTup710 said:

Yes, this is a SNES feature, but I think the celebration was because one of my players took a pretty big hit afterward. Either way, perfectly timed to look like they were celebrating their own player getting sent clean over the wall. 

P.S: Someone should re-enact this in real life. Try it out in beer leagues buds.

Haha I think you're right that it was because of one of your players taking a big hit right after that. At first I thought it was like the bench being triggered by one of their players getting checked into them, like the bench yelling "how dare you do that to one of my teammates, now you gotta fight the whole bench".

That's funny to see the player magically hop back out onto the ice, from hiding under the bench apparently, while the bench was going nuts from the hit. It would be hilarious to see somebody try and re-enact that lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brodeur30 said:

Haha I think you're right that it was because of one of your players taking a big hit right after that. At first I thought it was like the bench being triggered by one of their players getting checked into them, like the bench yelling "how dare you do that to one of my teammates, now you gotta fight the whole bench".

That's funny to see the player magically hop back out onto the ice, from hiding under the bench apparently, while the bench was going nuts from the hit. It would be hilarious to see somebody try and re-enact that lol.

Haha yep, definitely not the biggest hit ever but definitely something unique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online