NHL'94 Forums

Forum Reorganization - 2019

kingraph

Hey all,

HEADS UP that I will be reorganizing the forums over the next few weeks.  Something that is long overdue.  Here is the high level outline I will use as a guide, but will be flexible as I go along.  I won't list every subforum, but there will be a little more depth in some:

* Welcome & Getting Started
* About NHL'94
 - Gameplay Discussion
 - NHL'94 Media / Press
 - Strategy Discussion
 - Team & Player Attributes
 - General Information
* Playing on Emulator & Online
 - How To Play Online
 - Online Leagues
* Live Tournaments
* Editing & Hacking
 - Genesis / Mega Drive
 - Super Nintendo
 - ROMs
* Other NHL Titles
* NHL Discussion

• Like 3

I have the basic framework now done and am now in the process of organizing older posts.  I encourage all mods to help when they can as the vast majority of posts were previously made in "Global Announcements" and "Locker Room" because it wasn't clear where else to post.  A lot of these will now belong in new areas:

* NHL'94 Community -- Anything relating to the actual people in this community.  Personal achievements, stats, stories, etc.  
* New League Ideas - self explanatory
* NHL'94 Game & Strategy Discussion - Anything relating to gameplay, videos, questions examples.  
* Team & Player Attributes - Anything relating to the actual players in the game and attributes.
* Playing online and getting started sections

Anyway, if something looks funny, just post here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 7:46 PM, kingraph said:

Hey all,

HEADS UP that I will be reorganizing the forums over the next few weeks.  Something that is long overdue.  Here is the high level outline I will use as a guide, but will be flexible as I go along.  I won't list every subforum, but there will be a little more depth in some:

* Welcome & Getting Started
* About NHL'94
 - Gameplay Discussion
 - NHL'94 Media / Press
 - Strategy Discussion
 - Team & Player Attributes
 - General Information
* Playing on Emulator & Online
 - How To Play Online
 - Online Leagues
* Live Tournaments
* Editing & Hacking
 - Genesis / Mega Drive
 - Super Nintendo
 - ROMs
* Other NHL Titles
* NHL Discussion

Here is a thought: combine Online Leagues and Live tournaments, making it:

* Leagues and Tournaments
- Online Leagues
- Live Tournaments

Just an idea, but it seems clearer to me...

On 3/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, aqualizard said:

Here is a thought: combine Online Leagues and Live tournaments, making it:

* Leagues and Tournaments
- Online Leagues
- Live Tournaments

Just an idea, but it seems clearer to me...

I concur.  I feel the online leagues are buried and hard to find.  They are likely the top thing being looked for by new players.  

On 3/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, aqualizard said:

Hey -- I swear this is a coincidence!! -- but I just popped by the Tecnobowl site.  They do what I am talking about.  See

https://tecmobowl.org/forum/466-tournaments/

Well, they have live tournaments and online tournaments in the same section, but their online leagues are a new section right in front.

51 minutes ago, AtomicRaven said:

I concur.  I feel the online leagues are buried and hard to find.  They are likely the top thing being looked for by new players.  

I have to think about this more, because @aqualizard's idea wouldn't make online leagues any less "buried", they would just move underneath "tournaments and leagues".

I'll see what others think, but one idea would be putting "active leagues" as it's own section in the front, and the archived/dead leagues somewhere else.  As of now, I like having a section for leagues that includes everything, including a place to throw new ideas.