NHL'94 Forums

Classic vs WBF

I have been playing a ton of 94 on the Original Equipment.

Both against the computer and against Live competition.

I have found Classic roms to be far better/crazier/I am not sure of the word than WBF roms.

Anybody else feel that difference?  Agree?

Also as @Matt55 pointed out when playing the computer "big" guys will level you so the WBF is actually in effect.

I'd expect the original to be more "energetic" because as the user you'll use the light guys more, and they are generally faster.

With the weight bug fix, is it the light CPU players that hit? I probably reversed that because I don't think I disabled CB in smozROM.

I agree with smoz, but it's been a while since I played a WBF or Blitz ROM.  Pre-CB era.  Biggest difference I remember was using heavy guys like Neely, Messier, Lindros, etc, which lent itself to an overall slower game.  

Thanks for the responses and yes I could see where what you are saying is true, but I am basically using the same guys in either rom.

To me there seems to be something else and unknown element.

Anyway no big deal, as a side note the Historic/Retro players benefit from the Wt. Bug!:big_smile: