NHL'94 Forums

NHL updated game with season play?

• 10 months later...

I think you know about this already, but thought I'd put a link here anyway for others surfing in. It is not EA, but you can check http://PlayNHL.TK for a current roster (19/20) for NHL2K11, the last console hockey game by 2K. The NHL2K11 game has been improved by DJNEO, he released a mod called 2KHS for it. Those of you that haven't seen it check it out because it is an insane project.

Edited by nikethebike

On 2/10/2020 at 7:17 AM, nikethebike said:

I think you know about this already, but thought I'd put a link here anyway for others surfing in. It is not EA, but you can check http://PlayNHL.TK for a current roster (19/20) for NHL2K11, the last console hockey game by 2K. The NHL2K11 game has been improved by DJNEO, he released a mod called 2KHS for it. Those of you that haven't seen it check it out because it is an insane project.

To be honest, what exactly is needed to run 2KHS is still confusing to me. I have no clue how to run it, what I need and why it takes such a powerful computer. Plus it seems like this interminable project that is never ready. There's a download, there isn't a download, it's a beta, it isn't ready, it is ready.. .you know?

23 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

To be honest, what exactly is needed to run 2KHS is still confusing to me. I have no clue how to run it, what I need and why it takes such a powerful computer. Plus it seems like this interminable project that is never ready. There's a download, there isn't a download, it's a beta, it isn't ready, it is ready.. .you know?

I think you should look at it as an ongoing project for DJNEO. I think he has a vision/goal of what he wants it to be when it is ready (he can call it 1.0 I guess), but as he is working he learns more and the project expands. It will probably be a "never ending project", but he releases the "WIP". DJNEO have made a new release like once a year or something like that. I have managed to "catch" the last two (0.5 before it went offline and 0.7). Version 0.7.2 is online as we speak and available from his facebook page that you can find via link from http://PlayNHL.TK. Each release is perfectly playable (with some bugs though). Using the NHL2K20 roster you can even play franchise or season if you want.

The reason why it needs a powerful computer is because it is a mod using an emulator to run the actual game. Emulators emulate also the hardware that a game runs on, which means that it has to carry out hardware tasks in software on top of running the actual game, that is why a much better CPU is needed than what is being emulated. On top of this DJNEO added improvements to the game like always running in 60fps, animated crowd and benches etc that have also increased the need for a powerful CPU. So the game is CPU clock speed hungry, that is the most important computer spec.

Edited by nikethebike