NHL'94 Forums

Page from Igor Kuperman's Original Ratings

kingraph

Thanks to @Puck Junk, here's a page from Igor Kuperman's original ratings for the Blackhawks.  Interesting that Shot Accuracy isn't specifically listed there, but we know that was a direct link to shooting percentage.  I also notice that offensive awareness isn't there (was that also based on a stat?) and fighting is there, futher proving this was originally in the game and taken out at the end.  

kuperman_chi.jpg

Here's his Tweet:

• Like 6

A lot of these ratings look very close to what they are in the game except for Michel Goulet. 

His passing is listed at a 4 but in the actual game it's only a 1. Could have been a typo? Also his shot power is written as 3 but it's a 2 in game. Lastly, his stick handling is 4 on the sheet but 3 in game. Not sure if the last two are a typo or late adjustments. 

I could spend hours looking at these things

Edited by angryjay93
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

Offensive Awareness is based on Season Point Totals.

Wow, did not immediately know that.  Very cool.

13 minutes ago, angryjay93 said:

A lot of these ratings look very close to what they are in the game except for Michel Goulet. 

His passing is listed at a 4 but in the actual game it's only a 1. Could have been a typo? Also his shot power is written as 3 but it's a 2 in game. Lastly, his stick handling is 4 on the sheet but 3 in game. Not sure if the last two are a typo or late adjustments. 

Ha, I had the same feeling...I wanted to compare this sheet with the game ratings and note the discrepancies!  

Is it this Igor Kuperman?

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/exclusive/world-hockey-summit/home/attendees/panelists/igor-kuperman

https://www.linkedin.com/in/igor-kuperman-49043732/?originalSubdomain=ca

We could connect with him via LinkedIn and see if he would be willing to share more of this ratings notes.

19 minutes ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Is it this Igor Kuperman?

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/exclusive/world-hockey-summit/home/attendees/panelists/igor-kuperman

https://www.linkedin.com/in/igor-kuperman-49043732/?originalSubdomain=ca

We could connect with him via LinkedIn and see if he would be willing to share more of this ratings notes.

That's him in the hockeycanada link, yes

(couldn't check the linkedin)

• 7 months later...
On 5/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, angryjay93 said:

I think it must have been a typo, or changed by developers to lessen Chicago’s strength. Interesting fact, in the EA 93 version one year before he was ranked an 83 overall

On 5/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, smozoma said:

That's him in the hockeycanada link, yes

(couldn't check the linkedin)

By the way, I tried contacting him via email several months ago. I sent a nice email to three different addresses I had found online for him. Heard nothing back. 

I was hoping he would be willing and able to share more of his original notes.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 3:10 PM, Bob Kudelski said:

By the way, I tried contacting him via email several months ago. I sent a nice email to three different addresses I had found online for him. Heard nothing back. 

I was hoping he would be willing and able to share more of his original notes.

Dang.. too bad. But thanks for trying, was worth a shot.