NHL'94 Forums

NHL 97 for PSone Emulated

Steveyzerman

I recently got NHL 97 for Psone, this caused me to dig out my psone and play on it, not a bad game I thought, I can rip it and emulate it for anyone interested. Than I can find an emulator that does netplay on Psone.

• 9 months later...

I remember the NHL 97 for Sega Saturn being pure crap, no really, it was really really bad! The graphics were awful and the game play was even worse! But I'm guessing it's another game for PSX, I know NHL 98 was totally different Saturn vs PSX (Saturn didn't even have a referee). So maybe it's not as bad for Playstation. :þ

I don't even remember what the intro was like... I think "Jim Huston" talked between periods, with video and everything haha.. Nah, that was poor. But I guess it was a step into the future... Though I'd want to see a new game without commentators, energy put on game play and other details. I don't mind an arena announcer though. :þ

• 5 months later...
Is 97 the one with J.D. doing mini clips between periods? THey were hilarious. The score would be 1-1 and he's say what a shootout we have here.

Yes. I had that game for the PS1 as well. Quite frankly, the graphics were complete crap (even the Genesis graphics were better than the PS1 graphics for NHL '97).

As for his "what a shootout we have here" comment, I believe it was always determined either by a high score at intermission and/or a high volume of shots at intermission.

I also remember clips where he spoke at intermission about a player who had scored a hat trick, a very physical game with plenty of hits, and uneventful periods at intermission. There were also mini-clips before each game (usually the same clip). Once in a while, you'd get a mini-clip preview in which he speaks about an impact player such as Mario Lemieux, Dominik Hasek, Peter Forsberg, Wayne Gretzky, Felix Potvin, Ed Belfour, Patrick Roy, etc.

I find it odd that they were willing to do such cool presentation previews on the PS1, but you don't see that with the current-gen and next-gen consoles at all!

Yes. I had that game for the PS1 as well. Quite frankly, the graphics were complete crap (even the Genesis graphics were better than the PS1 graphics for NHL '97).

As for his "what a shootout we have here" comment, I believe it was always determined either by a high score at intermission and/or a high volume of shots at intermission.

I also remember clips where he spoke at intermission about a player who had scored a hat trick, a very physical game with plenty of hits, and uneventful periods at intermission. There were also mini-clips before each game (usually the same clip). Once in a while, you'd get a mini-clip preview in which he speaks about an impact player such as Mario Lemieux, Dominik Hasek, Peter Forsberg, Wayne Gretzky, Felix Potvin, Ed Belfour, Patrick Roy, etc.

I find it odd that they were willing to do such cool presentation previews on the PS1, but you don't see that with the current-gen and next-gen consoles at all!

Yeah they take out all kinds of cool crap and put in gimmicks and other crap.

I do remember nhl 98 being a huge step up on the ps1. I still have 99 which is a fairly decent game. Anyone have 98 that could make an iso of it?