NHL'94 Forums

Sports Talk Baseball Editor

STB is the NHL94 of baseball games. The best engine/game play and best graphics. I see people all over the web wanting an editor. Basically just NOSE for this game. Ive tried to open several different STB roms in NOSE but they will not open. If Sports Talk Baseball had a NOSE type editor you could no doubt launch an online community with edits and leagues just like this place.

What is involved and exactly how much time and knowledge would be involved in creating such an editor? Just what old school NOSE does is fine. Change player names and attributes and a few minor quirks like the 10 run rule. I found some Genie/Classic Cheat Code patch stuff but thats just kid stuff like "get 10 outs" etc. I'm just shocked this doesnt exist considering how big baseball was/is.

• Like 4

Changing names and attributes could be done using a hex editor, no programming required. Just investigation and trial and error.

https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD20

To make an actual point-and-click editor like NOSE would take learning how to program, which is a fun but time-consuming.

• Like 1

Game Genie codes are basically Hex edits, too. The first part is the address in the ROM file, and the 2nd part is the new value to place there.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, The Dopefish said:

I would love to see this, but every time I go to play a season in Sports Talk Baseball it fails to get past the first save point.

That just happen to me last night. I played 3 long games and saved. When I went back to play again it said I had no data. Go and download Super League 91 if you dont already have it. It's the Japanese version of STB, same engine and developers but has cool music that plays during the game. Season mode is so hard that I'm convinced there is some AI bug or something. When I play an exhibition game I usually 10 run slaughter the CPU by 2nd or 3rd inning. In season mode with the same team I use I cant even get a base hit. Everything is a grounder to the short stop. I went 13 innings with a 0-0 tie and freaking lost 1-0. I struck the CPU out 21 times. I never hit 21 in Sports Talk. And I still lost. I mean 13 innings without one single run. And I mash the ball too. Im usually good for 20 plus hits and 5 to 7 home runs but in season mode I cant do s**t. Somethings up. Go play it and tell me if Im crazy. I mean I did ok in one game but 4 out of 5 games its usually 0-0 going into the 9th.

• 8 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:07 AM, smozoma said:

@The Dopefish

@Tex

if you guys are still having trouble with in-game season saving - have you tried using the emulator save-state saving? To simulate never turning the game off

The game automatically tries to save after you complete a three-game series, and that's when it hangs, regardless of what you choose.  At least, that's been my experience!