NHL'94 Forums

Help changing Attribute Formulas *PRETTY PLEASE!!*

Tex

I apologize because I'm sure its explained some where in this forum but I cant find it.

What is the deal with the ratings formula being different one ROM to another. In Nose ROM A will have an overall rating number that reflects the value you see in the game (an 85 is an 85)

Then ROM B will have that weird formula where an 85 is like a 200. I wish I could change the complicated ROM to what I call normal because I cant tell what their overall will be until I turn the game on and I cant copy and paste when I have two ROMS uploaded in NOSE. Now Ive memorized that a 230 rating is approx a 93 ovr etc but whats killing me is I cant copy and paste a player ROM to ROM. To save tons of time I wanted to copy and paste my attributes from ROM A TO ROM B but they dont correlate. Is there a way to change this? Also why would the person who made the original ROM im editing allow the ratings system to look that way? The normal way seems way better imo. 

Thanks in advance for helping newbs like me...

What game? Nhl94? What roms specifically?

You can copy players between roms by having two NOSE windows open. Cyrl+c, ctrl+v (it will overwrite)

I wonder if ROM B uses the special 0-15 ratings hack. 

• Like 1

You can change it back to "Normal" using the SmozRom, however the ratings will be really whacked as the person who made the rom with "abnormal" ratings changed it from a 0-6 rating to a 0-15.  So changing the rom back you will still have players rated above 6 in many categories causing what I would think is a nightmarish situation.

What roms are you working with?

What is your goal?

Also, NOSE shows you the correlating normal values of the ratings when using the abnormal ratings.

• Like 1

How to convert between the 200+ ratings and normal ratings: divide or multiply by 2.5.

230/2.5 = 92

It might not be exact due to rounding or slight formula differences in the hack.

• Like 1

Ok thank you guys. Smoz, ROM A uses 0-6 ratings which I prefer and ROM B uses 0-15. I dont understand the point of the 0-15, is it better and I just dont get it??

Thank you for the formula, that actually solves a lot of my problems. I cant copy and paste 0-6 ratings on a 0-15 ROM because ROM A works off the 0-6 rating meaning if you were cloning an 86 overall he would be like a 39 overall on the 0-15. I know you know this better than me. Ive been on this site 5 years and I still dont know s**t.

Rom wise I love Clockwise NHL14, I have several edits using his base ROM and I use the guy that made the LCS Legends Rom for 94 as well. Coach Mac has some great ROMS. I have all of Coach Macs stuff. Don't you have a bunch ROMs that you were involved in? I know some of you OG Godfather Editors collaborate on big projects, right? I feel like your name is some in the credits on 2/3rds of my ROMs.

Edited by Tex

The purpose of 0-15 is just to allow finer-grained ratings. The game remains essentially the same except that if you're creating players you can tune them more precisely. Unfortunately since I didn't make it 0-12 you can't directly map original nhl94 players to the finer scale by just multiplying by 2.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

NHL 96/7/8 use the following attributes to calculate the rating of players:

Hex 0, attribute rating will always range from 40 to 44 ( maximum difference  of 4) = 40

Hex 1, attribute rating will always range from 44 to 53 (maximum difference of 9) = 49

Hex 2, attribute rating will always range from 53 to 62 (maximum difference of 9) = 58

Hex 3, attribute rating will always range from 62 to 71 (maximum difference of 9) = 67

Hex 4, attribute rating will always range from 71 to 80 (maximum difference of 9) = 76

Hex 5, attribute rating will always range from 81 to 98 (maximum difference of 17) = 90

Hex 6, attribute rating will always be 99  = 99

Is it possible to change the values to the following indicators, since the intermediate link in HEX 5 is lost. Maybe then the player ratings would be accurate.

Hex 0, attribute rating will always range from 45 to 53 ( maximum difference  of 8) = 49

Hex 1, attribute rating will always range from 54 to 62 (maximum difference of 8) = 58

Hex 2, attribute rating will always range from 63 to 71 (maximum difference of 8) = 67

Hex 3, attribute rating will always range from 72 to 80 (maximum difference of 8) = 76

Hex 4, attribute rating will always range from 81 to 89 (maximum difference of 8) = 85

Hex 5, attribute rating will always range from 90 to 98 (maximum difference of 8) = 94

Hex 6, attribute rating will always be 99 = 99 

• Thanks 1

It's a doable hack but would take looking at the assembly code to figure it out specifically for those games.

(in other words, we don't know how to do it right now and someone would need to put time into figuring it out, which I dont' think will happen)