NHL'94 Forums

Major Help Needed (Ruined Rom??)

Tex

So Ive done something and it doesnt make any sense to me. Some where along the way I did something with the uniform strips thats causing me major issues. So several of the away uniform set ups are messed up in the sense that the helmet has a square block on the back thats an incorrect color. There are a few home uniforms that also have this block of non matching color as well. I dont know if something happen when I used the swos strip hack or not. I only used the hack on the away uniforms so I dont understand how the home uniform helmets are messed up.

You will not see the color block issue in NOSE while editing. It only shows up during games. Damaged helmets include but not limited to, AWAY: Nashville,Detroit,Ottawa,Pitt,,Boston etc HOME: Nashville, Philly,Ottawa and a few more.

Heres the ROM ive been editing. Its Clockwise NHL14 and the helmets were fine before I started changing things. Will someone please see what I did and tell me how I can fix it? When I compare the color placement within the uniforms on a ROM thats correct the set ups look identical so I dont understand.

NHL Special Reserve BETA v1.bin

***edit*** one thing I did notice was the sticks on this ROM were all different colors, I changed them. Ive got all the stick colors matching the helmets to see if that could be it. Bout to check.

****EDIT2***

The stick color didnt do jack s**t. It seems the color block on the helmets are the pants color. Why???!!!!!

Edited by Tex

It was (Pants D) which doesnt make sense but thats what it was. Pants D needs to match the helmet no matter what.

Strangely enough I ran into something very similar today while updating sprites to match current IIHF national teams' jersey styles.  Everything was good until I changed the stick color and then helmet colors went haywire for several teams.  Funny thing is that it seems to primarily affect tiles which contain an "eyeball" which is also the color that I used for the sticks...

Just speaking for myself, yes... ish.  I've updated previously patched roms to change other features such as ice and other edits to jersey and pant striping.

In my particular case the issues came about after changing stick tape to blade color in advance of changing the (patched) stick color to a dark gray.  

I needed to get two extra colors for the helmets (away uniforms for Montreal, Chicago and Philly for example), to do this I made the stick and face color the same. Don't remember which other color I sacrificed.

To me it sounds like the uniforms don't display correctly in NOSE because the .bmp's in .zip that are supposed to replace the default ones weren't added. 

Also.

It's a good practice to make several saves of a rom when building it out, just like coding. If you plan to make several changes and then add some of the previously created hacks - get saves at every step. 

• Thanks 1