NHL'94 Forums

[Aug 10-11, 2019 - Long Island, NY] - Long Island Retro Gaming Expo

We are back for the 4th annual NHL'94 Tournament to be held at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo on Saturday August 10th!

Previous Champs

2016 - @angryjay93 beats @Evan in the finals!  (also beat @MikeGartner22 in the semis!)
2017 - @corbettkb beats @smozoma (who took out @Lupz27 in semis)
2018 - @corbettkb goes back to back, taking out @MikeGartner22 (and @skoolyardpuck in semis) to win his 2nd in a row.

Will Tex be able to complete the 3 peat?  I am hoping a lot of the NYC tournament guys make it out the the LI Expo, it won't be an easy task!

You can see the previous Challonge brackets and videos in the LI threads for reference, this tournament is always a good time.  And it's FREE as part of your paid admission to the LI Retro Expo.  The Expo is a great place to explore and play in other tournaments too, I highly recommend attending.

I will post more in the very near future as we about 2 months away!  

• Like 2

It will be a wide open field for the title this year as I will not be able to join Jordan & Shaq in the history books with a coveted three-peat. 

(*Instead ill be outside Seattle in Poulsbo WA attending my wife's cousins wedding)

Edited by corbettkb
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, corbettkb said:

It will be a wide open field for the title this year as I will not be able to join Jordan & Shaq in the history books with a coveted three-peat. 

(*Instead ill be outside Seattle in Poulsbo WA attending my wife's cousins wedding)

NOOOOOOOOO!   I guess on the very, very, short list of items that can be considered more important than live '94 tournaments, a family wedding makes the cut.  We'll miss you this year!

I live out on Long Island and will be attending the expo this year.

Is there any way I can preregister a spot for the nhl 94 tournament?

I would really like to participate in it.

Thanks

2 hours ago, onetimer94 said:

I live out on Long Island and will be attending the expo this year.

Is there any way I can preregister a spot for the nhl 94 tournament?

I would really like to participate in it.

Thanks

We won't cap this tournament, everyone will be able to play.  Having said that , PM me your name and info to make sure.

39 minutes ago, onetimer94 said:

That's good to hear that there won't be a cap. 

Just curious has any thought been given to a SNES tournament as well?

Is it possible and or enough people interested / attending? 

Personally I don't want to run an SNES tournament, but I'm sure there would be interest.  I think on the east we would only have 3-4 consoles immediately available as well, so it'd be an investment.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, onetimer94 said:

Less than a week to go.

This thread has been kinda quiet.

Hope there is a good turn out at the show. 

Look forward to meeting everyone who attends.

I've been swamped recently, just haven't had much time to promote as usual.  We should have a great turnout.

• Like 1

Wesley for Sweeney sub.. interesting.. I was watching the vancouver replay and was thinking I should actually have taken Bourque out for Wesley since Bourque wasn't shooting well.

Good call saying to expect manual goalie.. they're really good.

Do MikeGartner or Schmidt do something special to get so many goalie interference calls? Wondering if it's possible to use GC to generate powerplays

Great close games

Thoughts on going best of 5 for the finals if the players are up for it before it starts? :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smozoma said:

Do MikeGartner or Schmidt do something special to get so many goalie interference calls? Wondering if it's possible to use GC to generate powerplays

Thoughts on going best of 5 for the finals if the players are up for it before it starts? :D

You can get a lot of interference calls with manual GC, using the goalie as a third defensemen near the crease.

I don't think best-of-5 would be good. At this point both guys had already played a ton of games, it would be mentally draining. Keep it at a good length with best of 3, so if momentum screws you in one game at least you have another to bounce back.

Me and Gartner have played so many times against each other....we are currently in a best of 215...... 

The best of 3 works pretty well I think....its a lot of games......Kudos to Chaos Raph Gartner Brian and whoever else did a great job with this tournament.  They always run great tourneys.....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

This tournament looked amazing with the set-ups in front of the astronaut display, and the golden cartridge for the winner.

I posted those pics on my instagram because they're so cool. Now everyone thinks I won, and I probably won't correct them.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, kingraph said:

Will get the Round Robin results shared later.

image.png

Also, names to clear up for the rankings:

• Is Matt H = Matthurray, or the same Matt H from the Long Island tourney?
  • There was a John Schmidt at the NYC tourney, is that the same as Schmidt from this tourney?
  • Brian R = brian rausse / choas rison / bad moon rison?
  • Tom C, is that Tommy C from Long Island 2018?
  • Geroge F, is that George from NYC?
  • I will assume Luigi = Luigi Hat Trick from LI2018!