NHL'94 Forums

SNES 2vs2 ROM

chaos

21 hours ago, clockwise said:

When the boys say, "got 3 need need 1 more."

giphy.gif

Hahahaha.

Those who downloaded the previous one, use this new one I just updated (7/6/19 - ends in fix2). I fixed the checksum (previous worked for me, rexershow said it didn't work for him). This should work for everyone.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Xstioph said:

What was the problem? Issues with it having a header? I only played on Zsnes back then.. Now I'm using Snes9x.

Yes, header and checksum. The newer versions of Snes9x require it to be correct I believe. The old nhl94 rom that was on the site didnt work with new versions of snes9x either.

16 hours ago, chaos said:

Yes, header and checksum. The newer versions of Snes9x require it to be correct I believe. The old nhl94 rom that was on the site didnt work with new versions of snes9x either.

Ah.. Bummer. Rookie mistake! :D Pretty sure I fixed checksum on my later hacks. I'm reworking a bunch of my roms and they'll all be unheadered and checksum fixed. Fingers crossed. :P

If there's any interest at all I'll be giving the same treatment to the 2on5 roms... But as I have to make one rom for each damn team, I'm thinking a better idea would be to leave the All-Star teams FULL, combined with the 2on2 rom.. So thay you and a friend easily can play either 2on2 or together against a full team of AI players.. I am not of native English tounge (and very little use of English the last 4-5 years) so I'm sorry if the sentences get a bit messy and hard to understand...

*edit: Someone years ago asked for juiced 2on2 so I might just have to make juiced versions as well.. Hmm... xD

Edited by Xstioph
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Xstioph said:

Ah.. Bummer. Rookie mistake! :D Pretty sure I fixed checksum on my later hacks. I'm reworking a bunch of my roms and they'll all be unheadered and checksum fixed. Fingers crossed. :P

If there's any interest at all I'll be giving the same treatment to the 2on5 roms... But as I have to make one rom for each damn team, I'm thinking a better idea would be to leave the All-Star teams FULL, combined with the 2on2 rom.. So thay you and a friend easily can play either 2on2 or together against a full team of AI players.. I am not of native English tounge (and very little use of English the last 4-5 years) so I'm sorry if the sentences get a bit messy and hard to understand...

*edit: Someone years ago asked for juiced 2on2 so I might just have to make juiced versions as well.. Hmm... xD

Please leave them headered. They need a header if you want to play them on real hardware with a flash cart or repro (SNES Everdrive, SD2SNES, etc).

I dont think Snes9x cares either way, header or no.