NHL'94 Forums

Hex color codes

gprice07

I am new to editing and wanted to play with team colors. The only examples really given through this site of hex color codes are yellow (0006) and gray (CCCC). When I search the internet for hex color codes I find that yellow is FFFF00 and gray is 808080, and black is 000000. Using hex workshop, 0000 is black, but I am having some difficulty when NHL 94 determines colors using 4 digits and everywhere else I look online hex color codes are 6 digits. Is there anywhere that lists 4 digit hex color codes or can someone write in a list of common colors? Basically I need at least a royal blue, red, and green.

• 1 month later...
I am new to editing and wanted to play with team colors. The only examples really given through this site of hex color codes are yellow (0006) and gray (CCCC). When I search the internet for hex color codes I find that yellow is FFFF00 and gray is 808080, and black is 000000. Using hex workshop, 0000 is black, but I am having some difficulty when NHL 94 determines colors using 4 digits and everywhere else I look online hex color codes are 6 digits. Is there anywhere that lists 4 digit hex color codes or can someone write in a list of common colors? Basically I need at least a royal blue, red, and green.

Do you have a program such as Photoshop which shows you the RGB value of the colors? If so, you can write your own hex codes for your colors which would probably allow you more versatility when creating your colors. Once you obtain an RGB value, do the following:

1. Simply take each RGB value and divide it by 16 and round that up or down to the closest whole number. The way the Genesis reads colors, it will read them as BGR so simply reverse the first and last digits.

2. Take each of those numbers and convert them to Hex (0-9 = face value, 10=A, 11=B, 12=C, 13=D, 14=E, 15=F)

3. Place a zero in front of those and that is your new color code.