Custom EIHL (GB) ROM - plan of action (and call for help!)

1 hour ago, LaTormenta said:

@MonkeyHead - Sorry, mate, I thought I had replied to this.  The plan is to include Murph in the game and essentially do a head swap with Ron Barr!  At this rate, it might be the only way to see the EIHL teams in action this season...  The rinks are still closed in Manchester, which is playing havoc with Storm's academy teams (and also teams like Altrincham Aces, who also play at our barn). 

Same situation here in Wales - no ice available for the immediate future for any of the teams that use IAW. Convinced there will be no EIHL this year, and even if there is its gonna be much reduced in terms of duration and quality (with players understandably moving to operating leagues). As such, news that you are having a push on this project has cheered me up. Alas, I have no help to offer with your transparency issue, but am still looking forward to the finished article. I've been playing Sauce's 2020 ROM a lot to get my fix recently, but I would much rather rip a Haddad one timer past Duba instead of an Ovechkin one past Rask.

Oh, one question: how will the playoffs work? 10 into 16 is an awkward fit. Are sone teams going to need to play themselves  to simulate a "bye"?

Edited by MonkeyHead
12 minutes ago, MonkeyHead said:

Same situation here in Wales - no ice available for the immediate future for any of the teams that use IAW. Convinced there will be no EIHL this year, and even if there is its gonna be much reduced in terms of duration and quality (with players understandably moving to operating leagues). As such, news that you are having a push on this project has cheered me up. Alas, I have no help to offer with your transparency issue, but am still looking forward to the finished article. I've been playing Sauce's 2020 ROM a lot to get my fix recently, but I would much rather rip a Haddad one timer past Duba instead of an Ovechkin one past Rask.

Oh, one question: how will the playoffs work? 10 into 16 is an awkward fit. Are sone teams going to need to play themselves  to simulate a "bye"?

I am hoping that the NIHL goes ahead, at least.  I have season tickets (or normally have them) for both Storm and (Alty) Aces, as I live a few tram stops away from the rink.  Aces tend to average about, er, twenty(!) fans a game, so social distancing will be easy enough...  I would rather that than the EIHL scoop-up all of the "talent" from the lower leagues, as the average punter will baulk at the drop in standard and the increase in nasty fighting.  Honestly, Deeside Dragons, despite being a pretty decent team, might as well have an MMA side hustle.  Plus, what happens afterwards?  Do all of the players just get jettisoned in favour of some 35 year old North American (no offence, guys!) who has played two games in the NHL?  It'd knee-cap the lower leagues (if not managed very carefully).

As daft as this may sound, I am currently (with the better half) checking out the KHL and other leagues around Europe, as there might be some mileage in flying out for a few long weekends here and there to check out games in, say, Sweden.  It's a nice option to have, I guess.

In terms of the play-offs, thanks for flagging it and I will have a think about it.  I have a few ROMS where there are a similar number of teams, so will check those to see how it works (unless someone volunteers the answer here first). 

(Otherwise and FYI - the weight bug is staying in the game.  This is for one reason only - Tyson Fawcett (5'7" and just shy of 12 stone) will be an absolute beast!)

54 minutes ago, LaTormenta said:

(Otherwise and FYI - the weight bug is staying in the game.  This is for one reason only - Tyson Fawcett (5'7" and just shy of 12 stone) will be an absolute beast!)

That may be highly entertaining. Is a second version without the bug too much to hope for?  If not, no worries, the weight bug fix is simple enough to apply myself.

Edited by MonkeyHead

I just posted an outline of how I get my logos with Paint & GIMP. Not sure if that's useful to you or not. Very similar method for doing center ice but your colors will be limited even further. I can put something together on that too if you would find it useful (or others tell me I'm an idiot and there's a much easier way to do this...).

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Jkline3 said:

I just posted an outline of how I get my logos with Paint & GIMP. Not sure if that's useful to you or not. Very similar method for doing center ice but your colors will be limited even further. I can put something together on that too if you would find it useful (or others tell me I'm an idiot and there's a much easier way to do this...).

I've just seen this (and the guide is awesome and looks idiot-proof!).  Thanks.  Any assistance on the ice logos would be appreciated, as I think I am over-complicating the process due to trying due to juggle too many programmes (Paint Shop Pro, Irfanview, GIMP, Paint etc.).

Edited by LaTormenta
Removed a stupid question!
14 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

That may be highly entertaining. Is a second version without the bug too much to hope for?  If not, no worries, the weight bug fix is simple enough to apply myself.

Sure, no worries.  I am a purist, so the main version will be warts and all, but a second version will be easy enough to sort.