NHL'94 Forums

Does anyone know if it is possible to move the blueline

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to move the bluelines out on the nhl94 rink? That would give more room in the offensive zone and allow for a bigger attacking zone. It would be like the new nhl, smaller neutral zone and bigger end zone. And the nets do not need to be touched because they were not moved out when this game was made.

Wboy is there a way to add this to your rink data like the updated chages swos made to the nets and crease?

Hope this is possible, it would make probably for a higher scoring game, even more then nhl94 already is.

Hey Soccer1,

I don't want to leave you hanging. These edits might be tricky, though I guess it hasn't already been done in any other edit yet? I have been really busy but I do want to look into these things. I have to refresh myself with the rink data, but like the swos edit.. I've been able to edit the crease.

I'll post when I have a chance to look into adding the trapazoid and moving the blue lines.

Hopefully soon!

-Evan

Hey Soccer1,

I'm just looking through my notes for the crease, and checking out the possibility of moving the blue lines. Though looking at the current nhl94 rink, it would seem that the rink already has plenty of room in the offensive zone. GIving more room to the offensive zone may not work for the neutral zone.

It seems to be a relatively easy thing to do. The rink data goes in order of the tiles across the whole rink from left to right, top to bottom. As you can see below, I changed the blue lines to test they were those tiles. You can also see how the rink is already similar to the current NHL setup.

blue-line-test-01.gifblue-line-test-02.gif

Below is the blue line tiles in Tile Layer Pro. What we would have to do to move them away from the offensive zones is change their placement in a hex editor to be on a different "row".

blue-lines.gif

If I have enough spare time, I could move the blue lines and post a screenshot of what it looks like. Next I could look into the trapazoid change as well.

-Evan

moving the blueline graphics is very easy to do, but is it worth anything because the blue line censors would still be in the old place and it would just cause problems with the offside rule on.

about the new goalie lines.. the trapazoid.

It was the first thing I wanted to change for nhl2006 updates(and to the AHL2005 update), but alas, it's impossible to add those

behind the net at the bottom, because you would have to draw it through the glass tiles, which would result the lines to be drawn over to the player graphics.

because the blue line censors would still be in the old place and it would just cause problems with the offside rule on.

Yea with offsides on this edit is useless. I'm glad swos has already looked into this, I had a feeling you did. :secret_smile:

-Evan

Swos, can we do anything about the location of the blueline censors?

It would be cool to have that extra room.

I think the trapazoid on one end is fine. We cannot see behind the North net, but it would look cool behind the south net.

And the thank you fans would look great!

I also tried to make the color of the glass slightly lighter to look transparent. I think the color I choose looks better. Maybe i can email it to you and see what you guys think.